chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I made the decision in September to go about losing weight. I started a low carb, low fat diet and have lost 50 pounds since then. I have plateaued over the holidays, but I consider it a great feat to really look at what I eat now and to not binge eat. My New Year's resolution was to really use the recumbent bicycle we bought about a year ago. That is my plan for today!

50 lbs!? Wow! Congrats!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

im in.... my first step is I was given a bike for chritmas so if it is not raing I am going to ride to/from work 7 miles and go back to ww.

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

any wishing to lose weight should be available for early spring cleanup around my house. i need trees trimmed, brush hauled off and burned, leaves picked up and burned, the yard dethatched and raked..... :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
omg after 9 month's you're at your pre-preg weight??? After 10 1/2 years I'm still at my post pregnancy weight! Granted it is the weight after the 1st kid, not the second since they were back to back. lol.

I'm going to seriously start exercising and watch what I eat. No promises but something needs to be done. :unsure: Problem with going on WW or things like that for me is that my medications (prednisone, etc.) bloat me up when I'm in a flare and need to take them so when I'm bloated I get depressed and get the fk it's and eat whatever I want.

If I keep the exercise up though that outta do something.

Isn't there something else besides the prednisone you can take? I know it works, but that stuff is is evil, evil, evil and can cause bad long term effects. :( It can make you gain weight and totally mess up your adrenal glands.

This is a really good light recipe for waldorf chicken wraps. I made them this weekend with my Mom and they're really good. You can also just eat the salad plain, or over lettuce. Here you go!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_66437,00.html

Thanks Sarah! I'm definatly going to try this! Any other light recipes you have?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I made the decision in September to go about losing weight. I started a low carb, low fat diet and have lost 50 pounds since then. I have plateaued over the holidays, but I consider it a great feat to really look at what I eat now and to not binge eat. My New Year's resolution was to really use the recumbent bicycle we bought about a year ago. That is my plan for today!

50 lbs!? Wow! Congrats!

50lbs is awesome! Congrats! If you dont mind my asking, do you eat carbs in veggie/fruit form? If you dont, how do you get energy? Just curious because the times that I did try to be low carb I felt lethargic and was wondering how people stuck to it...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
smart ground (fake meat),

I adore smart ground! I have never met someone else who loves it? Awesome! I use it for tacos, unseasoned.

Edited by julianna

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

There's lots of good recipes in the weight watchers cookbook, otherwise I think Ellie Krieger on Food Network does a pretty good job with light recipes. Her show is called "healthy living". If I come across anything I'll post it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I'd be afraid that I'd fall though since my balance sucks. I'm looking at this now and wondering why it's so cheap? http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/...t/sku__MY204BLU

You can try them out in the store and see if you like them. I took the arm-resistence bands off my stepper because I didn't like them.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm in as well. I'm looking forward to losing about 50-60 lbs. I'll post the links to what I am doing if anyone else would be interested.

Things I'm into doing this year for my well-being:

An all Vegan diet. While I'm doing that I also plan to cleanse my body first with a colon cleanse kit my friends and family rave about. Colonix link Then I'll do a toxin cleanse for my liver, kidneys, blood, brain, and other vital organs. Toxinout link I also plan to start doing yoga the first few months of the year to be gentle with my out of shape body and slowly strength it until I can do something more ambitious like this running program a nurse told me about. Couch to the 5K I've done this running program in the past and it was wonderful. It is only three days a week for nine weeks and and it's designed to go slowly building upon each week so the goal can really be achieved. When I first did it I lost 15 lbs. in 9 weeks which is a reasonable and healthy weight loss. Then purely for peace of mind I am also starting this 21 day Meditation Challange. Meditation Challange

I'll share one of my favorite things to eat that goes along the lines of good for you, delicious, and quick and easy to make.

In a normal size serving bowl for an individual put:

A bottom layer of warm brown rice.

A layer of warm lentil beans on top of the rice.

A layer of cool fresh torn apart romaine lettuce.

Fresh squeezed lime juice on top.

* You can adjust portion size of layers to taste and add pepper and salt.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
omg after 9 month's you're at your pre-preg weight??? After 10 1/2 years I'm still at my post pregnancy weight! Granted it is the weight after the 1st kid, not the second since they were back to back. lol.

I'm going to seriously start exercising and watch what I eat. No promises but something needs to be done. :unsure: Problem with going on WW or things like that for me is that my medications (prednisone, etc.) bloat me up when I'm in a flare and need to take them so when I'm bloated I get depressed and get the fk it's and eat whatever I want.

Isn't there something else besides the prednisone you can take? I know it works, but that stuff is is evil, evil, evil and can cause bad long term effects. :( It can make you gain weight and totally mess up your adrenal glands.

I'm actually going in a couple of hours to my Rheumatologist so I'll ask him but I doubt there's anything else at the moment that I can take. He mentioned enbril or elavil or something I can't remember at one point so I'll ask again.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm actually going in a couple of hours to my Rheumatologist so I'll ask him but I doubt there's anything else at the moment that I can take. He mentioned enbril or elavil or something I can't remember at one point so I'll ask again.

There's an I.V medication that I've heard RA suffers rave about. Have you looked into that?

There's lots of good recipes in the weight watchers cookbook, otherwise I think Ellie Krieger on Food Network does a pretty good job with light recipes. Her show is called "healthy living". If I come across anything I'll post it.

But I'm a crappy cook :( Seriously, I'm trying very hard to be a better cook, but I think my problem is I really don't like to cook. If I can prepare it in 10 minutes and throw it in the oven, I'm good, but if it takes a lot of time....I go crazy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.