chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok, girlies, tomorrow night is my first weight watchers meeing, God willing!! I am nervous because I don't want to let myself down and I am also psyched at the same time. I really want to get my bod into shape before hubster comes back. I want him wanting it, lol!! So, you know I tell you all of this and I had McDonald's tonight....and I had it good....good old big mac that probably added another inch maybe two to my fat waist. As I get older my waist is where I am carrying weight around.

Just pray that I can do this...I keep telling myself like the little engine that could....yes I can, yes I can, yes I can.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
what do u have to do to get on weightwatchers?

Well, if you go to weightwatchers.com you can find a meeting location near you. It's a weight loss program that uses different ways to calculate your food intake with your body weight and build. You go to weekly meetings to weigh in and they keep a chart on you. You eat your own food and learn how to control your portions (the amount) better. Every food has a point system from 0 on up and you are given so many points according to your weight to eat every day. The meetings are good to go to, to actually weigh in and be accountable and also to swap recipes and hear some success stories of others to keep you motivated. Right now in my area it is free registration and then 12.00 weekly. I am going to suck that money up and says its for me and my time...I never usually buy or do anything for myself only for the husband and kids and this I am going to do for me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did WW before and did lose some weight, but mostly used up all my flex points on sweets and pizza :unsure: I do think it's important to combine a structured eating plan, plenty of fruits, veggies, whole grains, occasional treats AND exercise. Different plans work for different individuals, good luck :dance::dance:

I still love pizza, I just make my own individual ones now with whole wheat crust...yummy !

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline

Ok, it's official, I'm a WW member again. It's changed a lot since I have went last. They went from the Flex, Core plan to the Momentum plan. She said we would learn more in week 3 but concentrate on point counting now. My favorite part is the portion control. After relearning the portions I thought no wonder I've gained some weight back!!! I still have to go to the grocery store to stock up on some things for lunch and breakfast and also to feed the kids. So, this morning I think I am going down to the vending machine at work and see if there is a yogurt in there...no yogurt, big bagels and hamburgers and stuff. I chose a turkey, cheese and cracker lunchable...its 8 points which is a big chunk but its protein and dairy also and it will keep me fuller longer and blood sugar more stable than the bagel. Good luck everybody!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
After relearning the portions I thought no wonder I've gained some weight back!!!

We are so accustomed to super sizing everything here then our waistlines get supersized, too :wacko:

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Timeline
After relearning the portions I thought no wonder I've gained some weight back!!!

We are so accustomed to super sizing everything here then our waistlines get supersized, too :wacko:

I know! I joined the weight group you sent me on Facebook but didn't have a lot of time last night to look over anything. I was in such a rush with the kids. I'll try tonight! Thanks!

Timeline
My husband is rail thin but eats several times a day.

Eating like an Egyptian helped me shed the 30 (yes, 30!) kilos that have crept up over the years.

I would agree. My husband eats nothing with preservatives if he can help it and lots of fruits and vegetables. I told him this is great and all but I am not a big fruit eater but definately like fresher foods. He also smokes so that keeps him thin too.

You did well, pat yourself on the back girl!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
BumpSmiley.gif

How's everyone doing?

Im doing well, I have 4lb left to go to reach my vacation weight and 5 more weeks! I actually got more agressive as I have an event this weekend I wanted to lose for so I am glad and I am not going to worry about the 4lbs anyway because I feel much better now!

Filed: Timeline

That's awesome! (F)

I have hit a plateau and need to adjust my routine I think. I was doing well and had lost almost 30lbs since having the twins but then the holidays hit and with my Dad being sick I really fell off the wagon on my program/pattern I had set up for myself.

I need some inspiration and some good stories! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.