chaishai

MENA diet/exercise thread

1,807 posts in this topic

Count me in !!!

I posted here about 6 months when the weight was creeping up on me, now after a year of stress, over indulgent

eating and laziness it is time

MY NEW YEAR's RESOLUTION started on Monday

I want one of those weight tickers so I can keep track..it works when you have to fess up..ya know what i mean?

It is not just me....me and hubby and I dont want "marriage" to look like the reason for gaining weight and getting comfortable.

As a personal trainer it is so embarassing to be out of shape like this, but after all the years of being completely disciplined and fretting about how much time I had to work out, it is nice to be taking it easy. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH :angry:

I am determined...thank god the thread is still thriving..it keeps reminding me :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Valentine's Day Challenge

Resurrecting this thread for those of us who have fallen off the wagon during the holidays! Who wants to join me losing 10lbs. by Valentine's Day ?

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Resurrecting this thread for those of us who have fallen off the wagon during the holidays! Who wants to join me losing 10lbs. by Valentine's Day ?

I'll join you Henna! And I'll start Monday. :thumbs: Do you have a facebook?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Timeline

I'll join you Henna! And I'll start Monday. :thumbs: Do you have a facebook?

I'm already working on it so I'm with you girls! What Olivia said...do you have facebook? :D

I'm on the wagon. or at least galloping behind it.... I had instand oatmeal this morning and wanted to cry coz 1 packet can be eaten in practically 1 spoon full...how the heck is that supposed to fill anybody up??? :D on a lighter note...getting motivated to lose weight has increased my libido....

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm still plugging along! I've lost one size not sure how many pounds that is because I've very scale phobic but I'm glad to see some results.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
I'm on the wagon. or at least galloping behind it.... I had instand oatmeal this morning and wanted to cry coz 1 packet can be eaten in practically 1 spoon full...how the heck is that supposed to fill anybody up??? :D on a lighter note...getting motivated to lose weight has increased my libido....

Amal, for now, try two packets. Also, there is a new high fiber oatmeal...should really help in keeping you full and fiber is amazing for weight loss. I believe it has been one of the reasons I haven't gained much at all in my pregnancy because I take in about 45 grams a day. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with that. The other day I got this bar and I can't think of the name of it now. But seriously I was full for like 5 hours. From a granola like bar. I will find the name of it later and post.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

lmao, granola bars....high fiber.....doesn't matter. After 2 hours, my stomach is biting at the ppl next to me. I don't know why that is ...one would think that my metabolism was sky high but sadly it is nonexistant. I swear I about took a chunk out of my pharmacists arm when she reached accross me to grab something.

I hightailled it to the back for a "cuppasoup" and I'm miserable. I think I'll grab sonic later...*cries* I'm hungry....

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

I haven't gained much at all in my pregnancy because I take in about 45 grams a day. :thumbs:

45 grams a day, WOW ! It's hard for me just to get in the 25g recommended :unsure: Amal ~ How's your TSH? have you had it checked lately?

weight.png

Timeline

I haven't gained much at all in my pregnancy because I take in about 45 grams a day. :thumbs:

45 grams a day, WOW ! It's hard for me just to get in the 25g recommended :unsure: Amal ~ How's your TSH? have you had it checked lately?

Actually, I've made it pretty easy for myself - I eat Fiber One Cereal which normally has about 18 grams based on the portion I serve myself; I'll eat a couple slices of Nature's Own Double Fiber Bread which has 7 grams per slice...so right there I'm at 32. Plus, I love the Fiber One granola bars which have 9 grams - so now I'm at 40. Plus, I'll throw in some fruits and veggies during the day which put me around 45 - 50 grams. I also have 3 servings of milk products daily, too. It keeps me full. I do not suggest doing it all at once...build up gradually as you will have severe intestinal distress from all the gas. But it really does help. Also, those Fiber Choice tablets are awesome. Two of those with some water keeps you full and you don't eat, plus they taste like Sweet Tarts. :devil:

Inserting fiber into your diet isn't hard if you try...just be cognizant of what you're doing and you'll easily exceed the minimum 25 grams per day.

Timeline

Thanks for the tips ! I already get my 3 fruits and 2 veggie servings per day, so another goal to shoot for :thumbs: That bread sounds awesome. I checked their website and it's not available on the West Coast yet. I also like Kashi oatmeal, it's pretty high fiber and has protein and omega 3's !

weight.png

Timeline
Thanks for the tips ! I already get my 3 fruits and 2 veggie servings per day, so another goal to shoot for :thumbs: That bread sounds awesome. I checked their website and it's not available on the West Coast yet. I also like Kashi oatmeal, it's pretty high fiber and has protein and omega 3's !

Find any double fiber bread and you should be good to go - anything that has more than 5 grams. I also take 3 Omega-3 capsules, 3000 mg of Vitamin D, BComplex

Timeline

I started taking Vit D supplements this winter as the sun is pretty scarce in the Pacific Northwest this time of year. I also take B complex (and extra B2 and magnesium) cuz I suffer from migraines. I like Barleans Omega Swirl that I can just throw in a smoothie or yogurt. I think alot of ppl are deficient in Vit D and the Omegas :unsure:

weight.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.