Dylan'sWife

Upcoming interview in Montreal

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

I just got back to Toronto from visiting my husband in California after finding out my interview was scheduled for Friday.

I will be interviewed for a CR-1 visa and am lost about what documents I should bring since I originally thought I would be interview for my K3 visa; all the stories of the mean black lady with blond hair yelling at people has gotten me nervous and I don't want to make any mistakes.

The checklist is asking for my original birth certificate which I already sent them, do I just bring a registers copy?

As well as the affidavit of support and police certificate- I happen to have update ones so I will obviously bring it.

Other than that documents do I need to give them? From the check list, it looks like I just bring Part 2 of the DS230 along with a birth certificate, police certificate, marriage certificate and affidavit of support ( divorce, military records not applicable). Is that it or do I need to bring copies of the I-130 application, G-325's and I-130 approval?

I know I need to bring my passport, 2 photo's and the interview letter.

Also, do I hand my proof of an on going relationship to the them prior being called in for my interview?

Thanks.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Timeline

Hi,

From what I know you seem to have it pretty much covered.

- Did you get your medical already?

- U.S. Cash for the fees

- Express post envelope

Anyway, those were the only other things I could think of besides what you mentioned. I'm not sure about the birth certificate, hard to say since technically you have already sent them a copy.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
Hi,

- U.S. Cash for the fees

- Express post envelope

Anyway, those were the only other things I could think of besides what you mentioned. I'm not sure about the birth certificate, hard to say since technically you have already sent them a copy.

Cancel the fee part, I didn't know you had already gone through NVC, thought it was a quick switch from K3 to CR1 due to the expedite.

Anyway, also think it might be a good idea to post this in the Canada forum, and good luck with your interview - don't be nervous, you will do just fine :thumbs:

Timeline
Hi,

- U.S. Cash for the fees

- Express post envelope

Cancel the fee part, I didn't know you had already gone through NVC, thought it was a quick switch from K3 to CR1 due to the expedite.

Anyway, also think it might be a good idea to post this in the Canada forum, and good luck with your interview - don't be nervous, you will do just fine :thumbs:

Hi my friend, I can't seem to see the portal for the Canadian form anymore. I don't have the X-press post envelope yet but I am getting that today.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll move this to the Canadian forum for you. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

if you already sent in the "original" documents you should be good to go, as NVC forwards ur whole package to mtl, so they should have them. Always good to have made copies before you mailed them off. Me being a bit paranoid paid extra to have doubles of all my originals, but they were not required as Mtl already had everything.

proof?? Always good to have some, rarely does Mtl even ask for any at the interview, but doesn't hurt to bring a few pictures, letters, maybe a few travel receipts. I had piles, but they never asked to look at it.

Remember NO big bags/purses, no electronics (including car remotes, cell phones) I brought everything in a 13 pocket expanding file case. That way 1 could separate everything, and its not too big. The interview itself is normally pretty short, and they ask very basic questions, such as: how u met, what ur significant other does in the USA, what are ur plans for work in the usa?!! Your in and out in less than 10 minutes! And most importantly of all--the elevator opens from the REAR!!!! Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
And most importantly of all--the elevator opens from the REAR!!!! Best of luck

:thumbs:

You can't see the Canada forum! Here is the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93 - hopefully that will get you there!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello all,

I just got back to Toronto from visiting my husband in California after finding out my interview was scheduled for Friday.

I will be interviewed for a CR-1 visa and am lost about what documents I should bring since I originally thought I would be interview for my K3 visa; all the stories of the mean black lady with blond hair yelling at people has gotten me nervous and I don't want to make any mistakes.

The checklist is asking for my original birth certificate which I already sent them, do I just bring a registers copy?

As well as the affidavit of support and police certificate- I happen to have update ones so I will obviously bring it.

Other than that documents do I need to give them? From the check list, it looks like I just bring Part 2 of the DS230 along with a birth certificate, police certificate, marriage certificate and affidavit of support ( divorce, military records not applicable). Is that it or do I need to bring copies of the I-130 application, G-325's and I-130 approval?

I know I need to bring my passport, 2 photo's and the interview letter.

Also, do I hand my proof of an on going relationship to the them prior being called in for my interview?

Thanks.

Flames9 and Trailmix have pretty much covered everything but I thought I'd just add that you should bring copies of everything you sent in. There are reviews of MTL in previous posts and some of them are quite detailed. I went on Dec. 19 and they weren't allowing bags but were allowing car remotes and cellphones (read my review and several others to learn about the procedure). BTW, the elevator has a white paper sign over the rear of the elevator (only two floors and you get off at the first floor (19th)), so it's a no-brainer. That's about it and good luck on Friday. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Flames9 and Trailmix have pretty much covered everything but I thought I'd just add that you should bring copies of everything you sent in. There are reviews of MTL in previous posts and some of them are quite detailed. I went on Dec. 19 and they weren't allowing bags but were allowing car remotes and cellphones (read my review and several others to learn about the procedure). BTW, the elevator has a white paper sign over the rear of the elevator (only two floors and you get off at the first floor (19th)), so it's a no-brainer. That's about it and good luck on Friday. :thumbs:

Some of us didn't take copies of everything we sent in, we got tired of photocopying B)

Timeline

you've got it covered. the letter says to bring those original documents IF you didn't already send them to NVC. It sounds like your case is a bit confusing so you may want to bring copies of as many things as you can. I didn't copy anything extra, just brought the copies that we made as we were sending stuff in. As for proof of on going relationship, just take your plane ticket stub from your last trip. I went with the hubby to his interview, so maybe that was proof enough of the relationship. They asked about how we met and what work we do. that was about it. it'll be fine. don't take more stuff than you can easily carry-they won't want to look at any of it anyway.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Some of us didn't take copies of everything we sent in, we got tired of photocopying B)

You and thermophile are right. I worry too much (you'll be OK Dylan's Wife). Still I'm glad I did take copies of all those documents. Strangely enough, they didn't look at 95% of what I was asked to bring. Good luck and be prepared to answer the question about how you met. They asked my parents that one and they've been married forever. (after 15,700+ days do you suppose it will last? :lol: )

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
They asked my parents that one and they've been married forever. (after 15,700+ days do you suppose it will last? :lol: )

Just my humble opinion, but I think they are in it for the long haul! :thumbs:

In hindsight I would have actually taken photocopies, but then I would have had to delay sending them for 1 more day, plus I figured, if the NVC lost something I would have to get another original anyway. The hindsight part is, if they had lost something at NVC at least I could have waved the photo copy at them and said hey, I sent this blah blah blah

Luckily they didn't lose anything - that I know of :hehe:

Good Luck!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.