7 posts in this topic

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK IF WE HAVE TO FILE FOR ASEPARATE I-130 FOR OUR SON HE WAS BORN HERE IN THE PHILS. AND MY HUSBAND IS IN THE ARMY HE IS DEPLOYED IN IRAQ.

OR IS IT BETTER IF WE REGISTER HIM TO THE EMBASSY TO BE A USCITIZEN?

THANKS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If son has one parent that is a US Citizen, then register the child's birth at the embassy or consulate, the child of a US Citizen is a US Citizen and will be issued a US Passport and will not be immigrating.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha003.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

If son has one parent that is a US Citizen, then register the child's birth at the embassy or consulate, the child of a US Citizen is a US Citizen and will be issued a US Passport and will not be immigrating.

HE IS JUST 1 YEAR OLD IF WE REGISTER HIM CAN THEY ISSUED HIM A US PASSPORT?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

HE IS JUST 1 YEAR OLD IF WE REGISTER HIM CAN THEY ISSUED HIM A US PASSPORT?

Yes he can. I have a 9 week old son and he received his american birth certificate ABROAD and US Passport when he was 4 weeks old. You have to have a lot of paperwork ...call your consulat and they tell you what you have to bring. Once you bring all the paperwork to the appointment WITH YOUR CHILD to the consulat it took them 10 mins to look it over and 1 1/2 weeks later I received his us passport and us birth certificate abroad in the mail NO ISSUES. He will have no issues getting his american citizenship.

Now we are just waiting for my I130 to go through. Ask if you have any more questions. We have 2 children and I have been through it

Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Normally, the USC needs to appear before the Consulate to claim citizenship for the child. With the USC father being in the Military and currently deployed is there a different protocol?

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Timeline

Normally, the USC needs to appear before the Consulate to claim citizenship for the child. With the USC father being in the Military and currently deployed is there a different protocol?

no my husband is in the us and he didnt have to show up at the consulst. they sent him 2 papers to fill out in front of a notary public in the US, given me permission to get our sons passprt etc. and he had to prove his citizenship by providing me with a certified copy of his birthcertificate and US passport. he also had to prove he lived in the US more than 5 years since the age of 18. tax returns or college transcripts and letter from his company how long he has worked there. i went to the consulat with our son with all the papers. no problem he was not present.

Timeline

Ohh and sorry. Yes you are right there is a different way that you have to do it when the USC is in the military. I received a papers explaining both ways. If the USC is military or civilian. If he is in the military it is even easier because you dont have to show all the proof ...just some documents from the Military. She should be able to do it without her husband being present. Like I said with us it was no issue with my husband not being here in Germany at the consulat.

Ohh and Dylan's wife. I saw your journey and timeline. HOpe your daughter is ok and you received your interview date. Its horrible when children are involved and especially if they are sick. good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.