Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Will do...

I did everthing voluntarily including sending in the additional evidence... Getting your Senator involved works. You just have to hope yours has a great constituent services rep like mine does. We faxed the stuff to her on Tuesday and got an answer today...

Zyggy How you can approach senator regarding this.Can you share your experience regarding that.Our senetor is Barack Obama.Do We have to go to his office or something...........I'm complete ignorant regardning that

You got a high profile Senator. If his office inquires, you can expect answer from USCIS in couple of days.

I don't think whether a Senator is high profile or not makes any difference. They have special officers that respond to Congressional Inquiries. I think the bottleneck is more in line with which Senator has better and experienced constituent service reps. THe last time I did this (I lived somewhere else then), I sent requests to both my senators and congressman. It was my Congressman who got the answer the fastest and got the best information and the case was approved a few days later. One Senator got back to me in a week and got okay information.. the other Senator took a month and gave me #######... Later I found out my Congressman was legend on providing quick and reliable constituent services because he personally felt that was one of the most important things he did. The good Senator was also known for good constituent services. The other Senator as relatively new.

Suggest that you go to his website. http://obama.senate.gov/services also send a request to Senator Durbin and your Congressperson as well. You may want to do a google search on all three to see if anyone wrote anything on their constituent services.

But basically I faxed a letter requesting his assistance, a signed Privacy Act release form, the original recepit notice by NSC and the transfer notice from CSC to their local office. Do not send it to Washington. Constituent Service matters are handled by the local office.

It is important to just ask for a status update on your petition... you want to know at what point is it at at the CSC and request a timeframe for adjudication. Do NOT ask why you petition hasn't been odone yet or a request to ask USCIS to expedite your petition. Keep it simple.

I sent my I-751 on X date to NSC, It was received by NSC on this date (attached receipt notice), it was transferred to CSC on this date (attached transfer notice from CSC), and CSC is showing approvals from these types of petitions on X date as of X date. Therefore, my petition is more than 30 days out of published processing times. I would appreciate your assistance in determining the status of my petition at CSC and and determining an approximate timeline for adjudication.

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might end up contacting my senator or congressman about this, however i don't know if they will help me or not, well it is in kansas the senator is sam brown back and the congressman is dennis moore, do you guys know if they are helpfull with immigration issues did anyone tried anyone of them???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I might end up contacting my senator or congressman about this, however i don't know if they will help me or not, well it is in kansas the senator is sam brown back and the congressman is dennis moore, do you guys know if they are helpfull with immigration issues did anyone tried anyone of them???

My congressman and senator were sympathetic with the only offer of making an inquiry for us, that's when we first learned our case was transferred to California that must have occurred sometime in October or November. But it wasn't until we got official notice from California that really verified that. While we had the notice, it took me a week to decide to send updated proof to them.

As far as suggestions, leave no stone unturned, Nebraska never responded to our letter, how can you change that, and calling was worthless as Nebraska was supposingly processing case months and months before our application date. Another wasted stamp was to Sen. Kennedy who heads the USCIS appropiations committee. Writing to the White House, will get a note, thank you for your interest in our government, we receive too much mail to answer each personally, another wasted stamp. Regarding your congressman, won't know until you try, but ours wouldn't do anything unless our application date was later than the published processing date.

You have to try for yourself, only way to find out.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes, we are still waiting. No emails or letters about the case being transfered to CSC and the online status is the same. No touch since February 2007. 2 weeks ago I sent more supporting documents; updated lease on our apartment, new insurance policy etc. I ordered tax transcrips for 2007 as soon as our return was accepted. Received that yesterday and mailed it to Nebraska today. I also mailed a copy to CSC to update the N-400. I don't know where my case is, or my A-file. I have called several times to try and find that out, but no luck. My congressman is helping, sort of. He forwards emails to me from his liason, but it's mostly nonsense. No specific information about my case, just general info. I suspect my file is at CSC already, because of the N-400, but that's just my guess.

Ha, we are in the N-400 citizen processing now, as soon as we filed our application, all the field office dates moved back from June 30, 2007 to May 29, 2007. That's progress?

What about?

coloradogirl.........12/27/06..........01/04/07......01/30/07.......--/--/--.....

echostorm............12/--/06..........01/05/07......02/16/07.......--/--/--.....

jennybirgitta........01/13/07..........01/18/07......02/14/07.......--/--/--.....I-551 stamp, service request, congressman, N-400

traversm.............01/14/07..........01/18/07......02/14/07.......--/--/--.....

MDandZJ..............01/21/07..........01/25/07......02/14/07.......--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months, senator

danutuke.............01/29/07..........01/31/07......03/06/07.......--/--/--.....I-551 stamp, Service Request, N-400

drawbridgep..........01/11/07..........02/02/07......02/15/07.......--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

ives_damian..........01/31/07..........02/06/07......03/12/07.......--/--/--.....

MonicaT..............02/08/07..........02/14/07......03/10/07.......--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

grenoble38...........02/01/07..........02/20/07......03/03/07.......--/--/--.....I-551 stamp for 12 months

SamFam...............03/13/07..........03/27/07......04/17/07........--/--/--....RFE on 04/14/08

zyggy ...............04/27/07..........05/01/07......06/01/07.......--/--/--.....

limeyuowa............03/13/07..........03/22/07......04/10/07........--/--/--......

ace13................03/22/07..........03/27/07......04/17/07.......--/--/--.....

Didn't they report back or are they still waiting?

Sending a letter to the CSC office with our latest IRS tax returns, dog registration, and color photographs of our family and dog sure helped us. It not only let somebody at CSC know we paid a bundle of taxes, but we are real people that love animals, not just names on a sheet of paper.

All I got from our congressman is what can cause global warming, and to borrow a word from our teenage daughter, Ombudsman sucks.

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

jennybirgitta........01/13/07..........01/18/07......02/14/07.......--/--/--.....I-551 stamp, service request, congressman, N-400

With NSC showing processing dates in February and CSC in October, 2007 you have very good reason to call, Jenny.

The heading of this thread is New processing times - is the USCIS lying?, apparently anyone in authority doesn't think so, if Nebraska posts July 05, 2006 as the new date, that is the processing date!! No ifs, ands, or buts about that. Was told that by Ombudsman and my senators office, you have no complaint unless your application date precedes the posted processing dates, and if your case status shows that you are in Nebraska, and that date is July 05, 2006, you have no recourse.

Got a little burnt when nobody questioned this date, my senators office did go a little further with persistance on my part to learn our case was no longer in Nebraska, so why weren't we notified of this change. Sending a letter back then to Nebraska is tantamount to sending a letter to a trashcan.

Very well possible your application was lost, that happened to a friend of my wife's that is nine months ahead of us. Ha, talk about problems, she came here on a K1, had to rush into marriage to meet the deadlines, married a jerk owning a small hotel, and after a couple of weeks of courtship, informed her she had to clean bathrooms to stay married to him. She was left alone to battle the USCIS for herself, already sold her property in her former country, did find a job, and purchased her own home for a decent place to live, but she got through it and now is on her way to get US citizenship. Stuff like that happens.

Your first step is to learn where your case is at, it's either NSC or CSC, and now both posted dates succeed your application date, so you are well justified in making an inquiry. Far more effective to call your senators or congressmans office than writing letters and more effective for the US citizen spose to make these calls.

With NSC showing processing dates in February and CSC in October, 2007 you have very good reason to call, Jenny.

The heading of this thread is New processing times - is the USCIS lying?, apparently anyone in authority doesn't think so, if Nebraska posts July 05, 2006 as the new date, that is the processing date!! No ifs, ands, or buts about that. Was told that by Ombudsman and my senators office, you have no complaint unless your application date precedes the posted processing dates, and if your case status shows that you are in Nebraska, and that date is July 05, 2006, you have no recourse.

Got a little burnt when nobody questioned this date, my senators office did go a little further with persistance on my part to learn our case was no longer in Nebraska, so why weren't we notified of this change. Sending a letter back then to Nebraska is tantamount to sending a letter to a trashcan.

Very well possible your application was lost, that happened to a friend of my wife's that is nine months ahead of us. Ha, talk about problems, she came here on a K1, had to rush into marriage to meet the deadlines, married a jerk owning a small hotel, and after a couple of weeks of courtship, informed her she had to clean bathrooms to stay married to him. She was left alone to battle the USCIS for herself, already sold her property in her former country, did find a job, and purchased her own home for a decent place to live, but she got through it and now is on her way to get US citizenship. Stuff like that happens.

Your first step is to learn where your case is at, it's either NSC or CSC, and now both posted dates succeed your application date, so you are well justified in making an inquiry. Far more effective to call your senators or congressmans office than writing letters and more effective for the US citizen spose to make these calls.

It is only my second time posting in this forum and I keep messing up my posts,sorry! I haven't added myself to any lists,cause I have no idea how and I am not going to try. Any way, thanks to everyone who posts in here, you people give me hope and I am very low on hope right now! I applied at the end of march 2007 to NSC, on April 2nd I got the transfer email and that is the first time I posted,because everyone was going around asking where their applications have been transfered and I actually called the USCIS line and spoke to IO and she said that my file was transfered to CSC and that they usually do that when they have all the info they need for approval and that I should be hearing from them pretty soon. Well,that was on April 2nd and now is April 25th and the only thing I got was the Transfer Notice in the Mail dated 03/27/2008. The on line status hasn't change since 04/02/08 and it is still showing that my case is transfered to another office where is pending!!! I see that people with the same NOA and transfer notices are getting approved and it is becoming a big struggle to check my status every day with the hope that today will be The Day and then when I see that there is still one Big Nothing I feel so ...deflated!:(( I really feel for everybody that has been waiting even more then me,that must be terrible!

I dint know if I should wait another week and if there is still nothing- to try for a service request,because I really dint know how to go about contacting congressmen etc....plus nobody actually knows if this ordeal helps or not!

Any way...I am just venting here,trying to make myself feel better! :clock:

It is only my second time posting in this forum and I keep messing up my posts,sorry! I haven't added myself to any lists,cause I have no idea how and I am not going to try. Any way, thanks to everyone who posts in here, you people give me hope and I am very low on hope right now! I applied at the end of march 2007 to NSC, on April 2nd I got the transfer email and that is the first time I posted,because everyone was going around asking where their applications have been transfered and I actually called the USCIS line and spoke to IO and she said that my file was transfered to CSC and that they usually do that when they have all the info they need for approval and that I should be hearing from them pretty soon. Well,that was on April 2nd and now is April 25th and the only thing I got was the Transfer Notice in the Mail dated 03/27/2008. The on line status hasn't change since 04/02/08 and it is still showing that my case is transfered to another office where is pending!!! I see that people with the same NOA and transfer notices are getting approved and it is becoming a big struggle to check my status every day with the hope that today will be The Day and then when I see that there is still one Big Nothing I feel so ...deflated!:(( I really feel for everybody that has been waiting even more then me,that must be terrible!

I dint know if I should wait another week and if there is still nothing- to try for a service request,because I really dint know how to go about contacting congressmen etc....plus nobody actually knows if this ordeal helps or not!

Ilona, dont stress. It will happen. I filed in March 2007 too, and I have exacty the same dates, and I am waiting. remember I am sure there are more applications at the CSC than are on the list here!

I am sorry to hear that , but I am in the same boat and i feel the same way too,

Thanks, Seaflower and Limeyiowa! Just sharing this makes me feel a little better!:) Have any of you tried to call for a service request or maybe you think it is too early yet?

Ilona, dont stress. It will happen. I filed in March 2007 too, and I have exacty the same dates, and I am waiting. remember I am sure there are more applications at the CSC than are on the list here!

Im just going to wait 4 more weeks, then if nothing happens then i will chase them

Im just going to wait 4 more weeks, then if nothing happens then i will chase them

Wow, Limeyiowa-you are patient!:)And you said you have the same dates as me! I am keeping my fingers crossed for everybody! May be I should allow until the end of may as well, but it just seems so long to wait another month! Limeyiowa, if nothing has happened until then what are u you planing to do? Get a service request or go straight to the congressmen option?

Well i am going to the senator first, and if nothing happens i will go t the congressman, unfortunately , I don't think anyone should go to the obdusman because the new one they appointed Michael Chertoff hates immigrants actually which su*** really bad

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.