*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: woooohoooooooo omg congrats know u were worried glad it all worked out.

damian yep im thinking shes gonna kill ya :rofl:

met on 29-5-2005

filed k1 25-07-2008

noa1 11-08-2008

touch 14-08-2008

touch 06-10-2008

touch 07-10-2008

visited 14 times since 2005

first visit august 19th 2005

10146.gif

.png

NOA2 16th DECEMBER!!!!!!!

Timeline

OOOOooooh, That is great!

Thanks for the info Damian

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU Wifetobe!

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

"Well, I'm pleased to say that your visa has been approved" are the words I heard this morning from the consular and I couldn't have been more happier :dance::P I could have reached through the window and given her a hug. I shall now debrief you with my interview experience for all you lovelies that have yet to experience :)

I got the 5.47am train from waltham x into Liv St for 6.15. I thought I was a bit too early as my appt was at 8.30. I thought sod it, let's get to the USEM ridiculously early for 7am. It looked like a fortress it was nothing like how I remembered the embassy in '96. It looked like a bombed out shelter back then..Anyway I took me phone and ipod to store at Goulds Pharmacy for a fiver at 37 N Audley st. and then got back in line. Some French lady sparked up a convo with me as she was behind me in line. It started to rain and for those of you who have no umbrella and it rains, the USEM are kind enough to provide umbrellas! I got past security and screening checks, and the French lady behind me had a coffee cup in her hand and the guard got right stroppy with her. He told her that the coffee cup she was holding was not allowed in the screening area. She proceeded it to throw it by placing it on the floor inside the screening area - and he was like "No don't put that anywhere, you need to drink that." He imagined that if there was any kind of poison in that cup, she would have to drink it!lol

Got in there, received my 5003 number, and sat and waited for my number to be called. There were quite a lot of 1000s and a few 5000s actually and with a row of 1-11 and 12-25 booths. I was called to booth 14 after 20 mins and was interviewed by a Carribean lady, I think she was the same lady Damian had on Monday. She asked for my:

Police cert. + 1 copy

Birth cert.+ 1 copy

2 photos (US size)

Affidavit of support + anything else he sent me. She was not specific. I gave her his tax return along with an employer letter only.

She then asked me a few general questions like, "When are you planning on going to the States," 'Have you ever been to the states?' And then after looking at my passport and her monitor, her face changed :blush: and she asked 'Have you ever been stopped at a POE?' and I told her "yep the last time I went was earlier this month and I was stopped. She then asked "why" and I told her "it was probably just a random check, and that they had wanted to know who I was there to see and how long I was going to be there for...along with wanting to know our entire history of being together". She laughed and commented "I was stopped too and they were so horrible." I'm like 'Really?!.. I wouldn't have imagined that being you work for the government!" then she replied "The person that was supposed to collect me at the airport left and so they kept me in passport control for an hour questioning me..and I was working for a different government then." I said, oh right!" I did not elope into further conversation about it. Then she took a scan of my right and left hands including my thumbs. She asked me to do my left hand again as I was too bloomin nervous lol then she told me to pay at the cashier and return to the window. I watched her staple, stamp and clip my paperwork together, then she told me to take a seat and wait to be called again for the interview with the consular. Not long after 20 minutes I was called again to booth 15. She was a very happy chirpy blonde American lady and she said "So you want to get married huh?" I said 'Yes!!" with a big grin on my face and then she asked:

How did you meet?

When did you meet?

When did he propose?

So tell me about Nathan!

When's the last time you were in the states?

And how many times have you been to the states?

Have you ever lived outside the UK?

What's the longest time you've ever spent in the US?

It was more of a nice conversation than anything else and then she told me I was approved!! She then explained about the MBE thing and that I have to present it at the POE and to NOT open it. She then said that the "do not open message written twice clearly isn't enough for some people" I laughed when she said that!! But overall 5 out of 5 for professionalism and courtesy. That's my story... Just waiting on my visa to arrive which should be 3-5 days time WOOHOOO!!! :)

Thanks Laura+Tom, Donna and Stevi ....and Damian - you're a classic, son!! That has never been done on VJ before!!! :lol::lol: Nah he's alright Donna, I won't kill 'im :lol:

Good luck for today wifetobe, let us all know how u get on.

woohooooo todays the day!!!!!!!!!

Donna

She'll probably kill me for putting this up before she's got a chance to, but I've just got off the phone with her and she's..................................APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, explorer!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

lololo thanks Mr P :hehe:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

January 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Malia & Tom (Tom_g), jmrb, Dazzler, walkies_a, julez & Griff, English Muffin, Stephen & Amber, Chris & Amy, Shorty & Nilz, NikkisPrecious, Randy & Maggie(Mustang-sally), ddkm, Gwen666, Teachmehistory, Jeff & Bev (Wellywench), Shadow42 (Andrew & Robin), Chelsea & Ed (edchels), DD2004, Barrel_roll

February 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

C and J (Cheryl & Josh), Tinkerbelle, weedebz, nacampbell (Neil & Annie), kdancer, GlenandLisa, Lil-Lost-Girl, lostpup, jodinjames, Janaus, Courtney, Gareth's Girl, ericdraven

March 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Bforbarree, StillthePrettiest, toshtishtash, londonuk, pkscotus, lisalu100, Darren&Laura, tomsandi, DonnaB, ladyynara, babblesgirl, zoobuffalo and KJC.

April 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Geordielover, ajeanne, jeraly, minnietheminx, Poiteen, thejoz/thesquozenone, Chorely80, brooksmc, smallz, greeneyedgirlfl, lilysintrigue, AtlantiCat, sam and nic, NickyMcMillan

May 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Damian & Kelly, Coatsy, Saffyre, Robyn-n-Kris, Chris JennTX, Sal and Jay, ric

June 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Glyn & Kathy, bbpatel, Roselinda, Darren & Cristina, Jennifer & Jack, Stephen & Stacie, P & P, Carly & Andrew, K & L

July 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
celtic59, Charles & Sonya, Robbie & Sarah, Barry & Debbie, valerie & andy, Verity & Neil, D & N, SMB x2, Bex & Alan, Rebecca & Dominick, Eggnut, me!, L & P, Thomas F, Gerry & Karen, Mark and Hannah, Pattilou47, Nick & Nich

August 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
The Red Baron

September 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Nicoxcx, Welshcookie, Boobah, Thebigyard, Amy and John, SusieK, Roca, Guinness1969

October 2008 Interviews:

Barry and Jackie.....K1................................10/02/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
BMJ....................... K1................................10/09/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
saraswaiti007........K1................................10/14/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
sunnybear.............K1................................10/16/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
stevi1123...............K1...............................10/16/2008 Approved pending additional documentation
Damian P................K1...............................10/20/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
Bexxie....................K3................................10/20/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
cca..........................K1...............................10/20/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
gingerblue...............K1...............................10/21/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
KYLady..................CR-1..............................10/22/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
Wifetobe.................K1...............................10/24/2008 APPROVED!!!!!!
Scarlett...................K1................................10/29/2008
fickmoley................K1.................................10/29/2008

November 2008 Interviews:

andiste08................K1.................................11/10/2008

Still waiting:

Sad Eyes..........................................02/25/2008 – Still stuck in AP?
Sassasdave.......................................09/30/2008 – anyone any info?

"Well, I'm pleased to say that your visa has been approved" are the words I heard this morning from the consular and I couldn't have been more happier :dance::P I could have reached through the window and given her a hug. I shall now debrief you with my interview experience for all you lovelies that have yet to experience :)

I got the 5.47am train from waltham x into Liv St for 6.15. I thought I was a bit too early as my appt was at 8.30. I thought sod it, let's get to the USEM ridiculously early for 7am. It looked like a fortress it was nothing like how I remembered the embassy in '96. It looked like a bombed out shelter back then..Anyway I took me phone and ipod to store at Goulds Pharmacy for a fiver at 37 N Audley st. and then got back in line. Some French lady sparked up a convo with me as she was behind me in line. It started to rain and for those of you who have no umbrella and it rains, the USEM are kind enough to provide umbrellas! I got past security and screening checks, and the French lady behind me had a coffee cup in her hand and the guard got right stroppy with her. He told her that the coffee cup she was holding was not allowed in the screening area. She proceeded it to throw it by placing it on the floor inside the screening area - and he was like "No don't put that anywhere, you need to drink that." He imagined that if there was any kind of poison in that cup, she would have to drink it!lol

Got in there, received my 5003 number, and sat and waited for my number to be called. There were quite a lot of 1000s and a few 5000s actually and with a row of 1-11 and 12-25 booths. I was called to booth 14 after 20 mins and was interviewed by a Carribean lady, I think she was the same lady Damian had on Monday. She asked for my:

Police cert. + 1 copy

Birth cert.+ 1 copy

2 photos (US size)

Affidavit of support + anything else he sent me. She was not specific. I gave her his tax return along with an employer letter only.

She then asked me a few general questions like, "When are you planning on going to the States," 'Have you ever been to the states?' And then after looking at my passport and her monitor, her face changed :blush: and she asked 'Have you ever been stopped at a POE?' and I told her "yep the last time I went was earlier this month and I was stopped. She then asked "why" and I told her "it was probably just a random check, and that they had wanted to know who I was there to see and how long I was going to be there for...along with wanting to know our entire history of being together". She laughed and commented "I was stopped too and they were so horrible." I'm like 'Really?!.. I wouldn't have imagined that being you work for the government!" then she replied "The person that was supposed to collect me at the airport left and so they kept me in passport control for an hour questioning me..and I was working for a different government then." I said, oh right!" I did not elope into further conversation about it. Then she took a scan of my right and left hands including my thumbs. She asked me to do my left hand again as I was too bloomin nervous lol then she told me to pay at the cashier and return to the window. I watched her staple, stamp and clip my paperwork together, then she told me to take a seat and wait to be called again for the interview with the consular. Not long after 20 minutes I was called again to booth 15. She was a very happy chirpy blonde American lady and she said "So you want to get married huh?" I said 'Yes!!" with a big grin on my face and then she asked:

How did you meet?

When did you meet?

When did he propose?

So tell me about Nathan!

When's the last time you were in the states?

And how many times have you been to the states?

Have you ever lived outside the UK?

What's the longest time you've ever spent in the US?

It was more of a nice conversation than anything else and then she told me I was approved!! She then explained about the MBE thing and that I have to present it at the POE and to NOT open it. She then said that the "do not open message written twice clearly isn't enough for some people" I laughed when she said that!! But overall 5 out of 5 for professionalism and courtesy. That's my story... Just waiting on my visa to arrive which should be 3-5 days time WOOHOOO!!! :)

CONGRATULATIONS :dance::dance:

GREAT NEWS

SHAZ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just wanted to pop on and say CONGRATS to the recent approvals!!!

Scarlett will be thinking of you!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

Thanks Sunny :D I am looking forward to finally getting in front to them at the Embassy (just hope nothing weird goes wrong...)

So glad to see that your boy is on his way to you as I speak. Makes my heart melt.

Congratulations to all those swift approvees, and hope those gathering a little extra evidence are not delayed too long.

Damian I can't believe you got your visa in 2 days! lucky b*gg*r :D

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks Sunny :D I am looking forward to finally getting in front to them at the Embassy (just hope nothing weird goes wrong...)

So glad to see that your boy is on his way to you as I speak. Makes my heart melt.

Congratulations to all those swift approvees, and hope those gathering a little extra evidence are not delayed too long.

Damian I can't believe you got your visa in 2 days! lucky b*gg*r :D

Scarlett

I think you'll find that 2 days is the norm for the visa, despite the fact that they tell you 3-5 days. my thoughts to you is DON'T pay a penny more than the £14.50 minimum fee - my visa was delivered in 2 days, BEFORE 10am!! That's one of the services (before 10am) that they try and sting you for.

Good luck tomorrow (not that you'll need it - it really is a breeze).

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

yes, I agree with Damian. My Damian received his visa within 5 days and also before 10.. actually around 7am. and he didn't pay extra, as we weren't in any hurry! I made him take off work to wait for it, he ended up just having the day off cause it came before he would have even left any ways.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Timeline
yes, I agree with Damian. My Damian received his visa within 5 days and also before 10.. actually around 7am. and he didn't pay extra, as we weren't in any hurry! I made him take off work to wait for it, he ended up just having the day off cause it came before he would have even left any ways.

Yep. Thanks you two. I will have nothing to do but stay in and wait for the visa, so I don't care what time of day they send it, so long as they send it. I think the easiest way is to have no restrictions on it.

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

Yup - I can confirm that if you spend 20 odd quid on getting your visa delivered in one business day, it's a waste of time. I just received my visa today and that is two business days for £14.50!!! Like Damian got his in 2 days too. Woooohooooo I can relax I got it now :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.