Ahmed N Cheryl

AP Processing At Cairo

K1 Visa AP Processing at Cario  

14 members have voted

1. 1. If you are in AP Processing at Cairo Embassy Egypt did you meet online?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Yes how long has your AP Processing been?

• 3 to 6 months
    • 7 to 10 months
    • 11 to 15 months
    • 16 to 20 months
    • 21 to 24 months
    • over 24 months

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

After reading the stories here on AP Processing at Cairo possibly being connected to meeting online I decided to do a poll. Please take time to answer the two questions asked. Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheryl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
well I voted but i dont know exactly when my AP stopped... i think it was the end of August... His interview was May 9th... AP finished end of Aug... BUT ... this MC paper stuff is NOT part of AP... but its HOLDING us UP! :angry:
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
After reading the stories here on AP Processing at Cairo possibly being connected to meeting online I decided to do a poll. Please take time to answer the two questions asked. Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Been taking a bit of a break from VJ..I'll respond to your messages soon. But I had to respond to this post. Im not so sure about the statements validity that meeting online has anything to do with longer AP. I think validity of things that occur in the interview, or something found in the file, or something found in a name check have to do with this at this point. My understanding from DOS is that if a name hit occurs, they further the investigation..then return the file to the embassy who then has the power to decide the visa. I'd say that if a name hit occurs past a certain point, maybe the embassy feels the need to investigate further on their own there in cairo before deciding to deny or approve that visa. I also notice very very few K1's wait longer than 3 months. You can go see the immigration timelines spreadsheet for justification of these statements. Since 2006 out of 10 K1's interviewed, only 1 has waiting over a year and 1 never returned to update timeline. so 8 out of 10 were approved with visa's. In addition to that, more than half were approved in 4 months or less with the remaining over that time. So while im not in AP..hoping to not get AP at this point...I dont think how we met has much to do with AP after interview unless there is other valid reasons. How we met was addressed in the original petition and the embassy may not legally deny a petition based on that information. If disclosed at the USCIS level. I think lots of speculation occurs. But reality is that we will never know a real reason for a hold up. On God and Cairo seem to know that. I think one never even has made it to DOS yet. I can't say why these happen, but according to the numbers, its rare. Not the norm. So dont be to worried. Your interview will come fast..and Im sure you will be approved quickly. (Im not even sure if red flags alone are reason for the AP's...as they are mostly addressed in the peition at the USCIS level and at the interview...unless the one being interviewed hasn't convinced the officer of a valid relationship). Once again..K3's and CR1's are scrutenized more at embassy level. K1's still have AOS to prove that the marriage is real...more so...than any other of these petitions. So our process and security reviews are far from over at the interview level. Officers know this. So good luck...Im slowly coming back..but needed a break emotionally. It hit us very hard to get AP at this point and expect at least another 3 weeks of it..according to the numbers on VJ..seems those stuck in this AP at this level clear out in 4-6 weeks...once again, rare to be much longer than that on a K1. Good luck girl....remember that in his interview...he needs to show the love....everything should be based on his love for you. Take care...

Timeline

I just want to say a tid bit about what I've seen with visas getting issued. We were in the 2006 crowd and at the time there were only a handful of us and the longest AP was 9 months which at the time was the longest I've seen from Egypt. Through this past year I've seen a few going over a year of AP. There have been a few have their visas issued quickly, but for the most part it seems Cairo has really slowed down. There is a new director at the embassy now (I think I read that somewhere) so hopefully things will start picking up. I really feel for everyone that is having to wait for on AP for so long.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I really do not know how to answer these polls that ask if Jack and I met online. The truth is I knew his brother, who lives here in the states, and he wanted to introduce me to Jack. So that is why we started to talk over messenger and why we fell in love. So should I answer this question yes or no? I tend to think yes but am not sure.

Any way like I stated earlier Jack and I have been in AP for 4 months now and I have sent an email every month to the embassy, have only gotten the standard reply, but have not called DOS yet. So I do not know what the issue is and wish they would just ask for proof if they do not think our relationship if valid or what ever their issue is with us so we can get on with our lives. Why do they not tell us what the hold up is? Are they afraid we will sue them or something?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We have been waiting just shy of 8 months - and the wait goes on

Edited by water is wide

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Been taking a bit of a break from VJ..I'll respond to your messages soon. But I had to respond to this post. Im not so sure about the statements validity that meeting online has anything to do with longer AP. I think validity of things that occur in the interview, or something found in the file, or something found in a name check have to do with this at this point. My understanding from DOS is that if a name hit occurs, they further the investigation..then return the file to the embassy who then has the power to decide the visa. I'd say that if a name hit occurs past a certain point, maybe the embassy feels the need to investigate further on their own there in cairo before deciding to deny or approve that visa. I also notice very very few K1's wait longer than 3 months. You can go see the immigration timelines spreadsheet for justification of these statements. Since 2006 out of 10 K1's interviewed, only 1 has waiting over a year and 1 never returned to update timeline. so 8 out of 10 were approved with visa's. In addition to that, more than half were approved in 4 months or less with the remaining over that time. So while im not in AP..hoping to not get AP at this point...I dont think how we met has much to do with AP after interview unless there is other valid reasons. How we met was addressed in the original petition and the embassy may not legally deny a petition based on that information. If disclosed at the USCIS level. I think lots of speculation occurs. But reality is that we will never know a real reason for a hold up. On God and Cairo seem to know that. I think one never even has made it to DOS yet. I can't say why these happen, but according to the numbers, its rare. Not the norm. So dont be to worried. Your interview will come fast..and Im sure you will be approved quickly. (Im not even sure if red flags alone are reason for the AP's...as they are mostly addressed in the peition at the USCIS level and at the interview...unless the one being interviewed hasn't convinced the officer of a valid relationship). Once again..K3's and CR1's are scrutenized more at embassy level. K1's still have AOS to prove that the marriage is real...more so...than any other of these petitions. So our process and security reviews are far from over at the interview level. Officers know this. So good luck...Im slowly coming back..but needed a break emotionally. It hit us very hard to get AP at this point and expect at least another 3 weeks of it..according to the numbers on VJ..seems those stuck in this AP at this level clear out in 4-6 weeks...once again, rare to be much longer than that on a K1. Good luck girl....remember that in his interview...he needs to show the love....everything should be based on his love for you. Take care...

Take your time Faith...sometimes we all need a break. I know it is hard for you but I want you to know you have been in my prayers nightly. Take care. Hope to hear from you soon. HUGS!!!!!! Good Luck finishing your name check soon.

Cheryl

Timeline
I really do not know how to answer these polls that ask if Jack and I met online. The truth is I knew his brother, who lives here in the states, and he wanted to introduce me to Jack. So that is why we started to talk over messenger and why we fell in love. So should I answer this question yes or no? I tend to think yes but am not sure.

Any way like I stated earlier Jack and I have been in AP for 4 months now and I have sent an email every month to the embassy, have only gotten the standard reply, but have not called DOS yet. So I do not know what the issue is and wish they would just ask for proof if they do not think our relationship if valid or what ever their issue is with us so we can get on with our lives. Why do they not tell us what the hold up is? Are they afraid we will sue them or something?

I would count that as yes. Same with Ahmed and I. My friend Tina from here in the states wanted to introduce us but we met on accident online at Pal Talk before she had a chance and as we talked online we realized we had a mutual friend. Then as time went on we were friends first and after several months became a couple. Of course Ahmed says he knew the first time he saw me before we began talking he wanted me as his wife. He is so sweet. Anyway, I am not sure of the validality of the online meeting being an issue.......what I read just inspired me to poll anyway just to see the results. Thanks for your time and participation. Good Luck to you!!

Cheryl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

I'm wondering if it really is the name hits. I know that it took 1 month for us to get the interview date, and then after interview they never sent it for checks. I thought it was just bizzare, but now I'm wondering if they send the file for the checks before issuing the interview date on K-1's. I read a post awhile back that was questioning why the OP's file was sent for checks before interview... this may be the reason. I never called DOS until after the interview bc I thought it was after that they sent for the extra checks. Maby they put you in AP if you get a name hit before or after the interview, and that is why files take so long to even get sent for the checks. They already sent them, there was a hit, and they decided the case needed further review???? This may be stretching it a bit, but nothing with Cairo really makes any sense. :wacko:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.