JCardenas

JCardenas & Liliana

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

12/21/2007 Mail the I-129F USPS next day delivery I paid $16.25 tracking number included.

12/22/2007 Recived delivery confirmation signed by: P NOVAK at 1:02pm

Edited by JCardenas

Filed: Timeline
12/21/2007 Mail the I-129F USPS next day delivery I paid $16.25 tracking number included.

Congrats on taking this first step! Drop by the December thread and let your fellow filers know you exist :) and also please fill in your timeline. (see my signature for instructions)

Timeline

Thank you for your support ZeeNosh and Mox, it made me really happy to log into "VisaJourney" and see your opinion posted there, for all of you Merry Christmas and a Happy!!!!,,, Happy!!!! NEW 2008.

Well so far my experience with this Visa proccess it's not so bad.

Only two recomendations.

When my fiance printed the G325a and filled in all of the information, at the bottom she signed her name and, where the date goes instead of writing 12/07/2007, for (Dec 7/ 2007) she wrote: 07/12/2007, in North America this means July 12, 2007. In Latin American you write first the date / month / year / Well to my own opinion this was fine if I was going to file in Latin America, but then is wrong because I didn't want the case to be RF, just becuase of that, so I asked her to please fill in the information one more time, but this time with the correct date format. (She though I was playing :no: )

When I asked her to send a passport style photograph which I included a sample that I found in the USCIS web site, she was not able to open the USCIS SAMPLE FILE. So she send me a Colombian passport style photograph, which shows only her face, and as her face finishes the same way the picture is cut. This picture was wrong. Later around I found out, they have to tell the photographer, that the picture is for "AMERICAN VISA"

Filed: Timeline

When my fiance printed the G325a and filled in all of the information, at the bottom she signed her name and, where the date goes instead of writing 12/07/2007, for (Dec 7/ 2007) she wrote: 07/12/2007, in North America this means July 12, 2007. In Latin American you write first the date / month / year / Well to my own opinion this was fine if I was going to file in Latin America, but then is wrong because I didn't want the case to be RF, just becuase of that, so I asked her to please fill in the information one more time, but this time with the correct date format. (She though I was playing :no: )

I wouldn't worry about this at all. I'm sure they see this kind of thing every day. My SO signed both her "intent to marry" and G-325A in D/M/Y format, and I'd be amazed if they RFE'd us for it. Especially in our case, since the day was greater than 12, so trying to read it in M/D/Y format wouldn't make sense.

When I asked her to send a passport style photograph which I included a sample that I found in the USCIS web site, she was not able to open the USCIS SAMPLE FILE. So she send me a Colombian passport style photograph, which shows only her face, and as her face finishes the same way the picture is cut. This picture was wrong. Later around I found out, they have to tell the photographer, that the picture is for "AMERICAN VISA"

Unless you're saying that the photo showed her in profile, it's possible that they would accept this anyway. They seem to be a little liberal with the pictures, I think because they're only used internally. If you haven't already, have her take the correct passport pictures and send them to you. That way if you're RFE'd for the Columbian style photos, you've got the correct ones handy and can send them back as soon as you get the letter.

We were worried about sending UK style passport photos but got our NOA2 with no RFE - it is always best to do things by the book but it can depend on who is dealing with your case. The best thing you can do is make sure you have US standard photos ready in case you do get an RFE then you can send them off as soon as possible to avoid any further delay :)

If you're interested in seeing the photos we sent (I know they may vary from country to country) you can see them here. Warning - they are very large so may slow your computer down if you don't have a fast connection - they are from when I sent them to Jeremy so he could print them after we realised that the 3/4 shots were no longer the standard!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

12/21/2007 Mail the I-129F USPS next day delivery I paid $16.25 tracking number included. :)

12/22/2007 Recived delivery confirmation signed by: P NOVAK at 1:02pm :)

12/24/2007 Documents acknowledge :)

12/26/2007 NOA 1 send From Vermont Service Center :)

12/31/2007 NOA 1 Received at petitioners home :yes:

All the best of luck to you, a speedy approval and a happy new year!! :thumbs:

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

• 1 month later...
Timeline

12/24/2007 Documents acknowledge

12/26/2007 NOA 1 send From Vermont Service Center

12/31/2007 NOA 1 Received at petitioners home

02/19/2008 NOA 2 send From Vermon Service Center

02/23/2008 NOA 2 Received at petitioners home

12/24/2007 Documents acknowledge

12/26/2007 NOA 1 send From Vermont Service Center

12/31/2007 NOA 1 Received at petitioners home

02/19/2008 NOA 2 send From Vermon Service Center

02/23/2008 NOA 2 Received at petitioners home

CONGRATS!!! That was fast!!! 0gleeful.gifGod speed on the next step of the process! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Yeah.. it was really fast... i was surprised!!! and my fiance was so happy...

Now,, I must call the NVC, and find out when is it that this documents left to Bogota...

call NVC every two days... and ask for a number that begings with BGT XXX XXX XXX

Once you get BGT number, 4 days LATER call again and ask when the documents left to Bogota; someone said if you want an early appointment you mus do the following... (Be nice to this people)

prepare a:

1. Cover letter

The cover letter must said that you have every and all of the documents required for the interview, and respecfully requesting the earlies appointment possible. (look more into this)

2. DS-2001 (replacement for OF-169) (2nd page only)

http://www.embaixadaamericana.org.br/evrybody/ds-2001e.pdf

3. DS-230 (part 1 only - two pages)

4. certify copy of fiance's passport (only the page where her biographical data is)

Total of 5 pages.. *****DON'T SEND ANYTHING ELSE AT THE MOMENT****

This is a short cut to packet 3.

just wait for packet 4 (with interview date)

I'm just going to try this... this is new for me..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.