Paul & Ilona

We're considering re-mailing I-130

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OK, so 2 weeks of not knowing where on earth our I-130 petition is:

Backstory:

- Mailed package to one of the new Chicago Lockboxes on Dec 11th using USPS

- We find a "return to sender; address vacant" message on the USPS webite tracking feature

- 14 days later and still no sign of our package being returned to Paul in Ohio

- totally ticked.

So now we are considering just assuming my application package was mailed to Mars, cutting our losses with it, and attempting to resubmit one of the 'carbon copies' we made to the same Lockbox with hopefully more of response this time. HOWEVER, not to long ago another VJ member shared with me a similar experience:

"According to the package tracker on USPS website, my package is still marked as "return to sender". I assembled a second package to send via FedEx (cos I didnt want to have to wait for the 1st package to be returned to me) but only HOURS after I mailed it, I found out that USCIS had cashed my check!! so the 1st package had been delivered after all. I managed to get FedEx to send the 2nd package back to me (and they gave me my money back, no questions so I will def use Fedex again).

If you sent a check for payment I would double check to see if it has been cashed yet. I would advise not to believe what the USPS tracking website says.

Hopefully your package also was delivered to USCIS even though USPS says it is coming back.

Good luck."

Perhaps this is what happened to us? Paul has been calling the Western Union number daily to find out whether or not our money-order has been claimed, which it hasn't, and from what I understand, the first thing USCIS does when they get your package is tear it open like a kid at Christmas and run to cash the check inside. Now, do you figure that's all changed since "initial data entry" is being done in Chicago now before they send it along to Nebraska or Vermont or whathaveyou? My first question to you is: Can we expect to have our check-cashing done later since there's another initial step being added? Will Chicago cash it, or do they just enter it, and then send to the service centre and have them cash it? Can I rely on this this method of finding out whether or not the post office buggered up, and USCIS actually did recieve my package?

Another thing I was wondering is, if we never ever recieve our first package back and we do go ahead and cancle our first money-order and resubmit a whole new package, given the slight possibility that the post office messed up and in fact did deliver my package properly, what will USCIS do with two of the same applications? The first one will no longer have a valid money order. Will they throw it out? Process it and ask for payment later? Return it to us with a nasty note? Would having two applications from the same people screw up any initial data entry and foul things up for me?

Now that's what I call service!

OK, so 2 weeks of not knowing where on earth our I-130 petition is:

Backstory:

- Mailed package to one of the new Chicago Lockboxes on Dec 11th using USPS

- We find a "return to sender; address vacant" message on the USPS webite tracking feature

- 14 days later and still no sign of our package being returned to Paul in Ohio

- totally ticked.

So now we are considering just assuming my application package was mailed to Mars, cutting our losses with it, and attempting to resubmit one of the 'carbon copies' we made to the same Lockbox with hopefully more of response this time. HOWEVER, not to long ago another VJ member shared with me a similar experience:

"According to the package tracker on USPS website, my package is still marked as "return to sender". I assembled a second package to send via FedEx (cos I didnt want to have to wait for the 1st package to be returned to me) but only HOURS after I mailed it, I found out that USCIS had cashed my check!! so the 1st package had been delivered after all. I managed to get FedEx to send the 2nd package back to me (and they gave me my money back, no questions so I will def use Fedex again).

If you sent a check for payment I would double check to see if it has been cashed yet. I would advise not to believe what the USPS tracking website says.

Hopefully your package also was delivered to USCIS even though USPS says it is coming back.

Good luck."

Perhaps this is what happened to us? Paul has been calling the Western Union number daily to find out whether or not our money-order has been claimed, which it hasn't, and from what I understand, the first thing USCIS does when they get your package is tear it open like a kid at Christmas and run to cash the check inside. Now, do you figure that's all changed since "initial data entry" is being done in Chicago now before they send it along to Nebraska or Vermont or whathaveyou? My first question to you is: Can we expect to have our check-cashing done later since there's another initial step being added? Will Chicago cash it, or do they just enter it, and then send to the service centre and have them cash it? Can I rely on this this method of finding out whether or not the post office buggered up, and USCIS actually did recieve my package?

Another thing I was wondering is, if we never ever recieve our first package back and we do go ahead and cancle our first money-order and resubmit a whole new package, given the slight possibility that the post office messed up and in fact did deliver my package properly, what will USCIS do with two of the same applications? The first one will no longer have a valid money order. Will they throw it out? Process it and ask for payment later? Return it to us with a nasty note? Would having two applications from the same people screw up any initial data entry and foul things up for me?

Now that's what I call service!

Ekkkkkk........but no on the check or money order cashing thing....was told that little goodie can be after receipting but dont know for sure anymore.

What does USPS say on their thread about your tracking number? If it shows undeliverable then I would think its coming back at some time in the far future...maybe a good question for a senior member here, or even some quick free legal advice but I think some of the senior peeps here are much more informed than any lawyer I ever spoke to,.

This sucks........but maybe go to Post office and really see what the deal is yes? I tend to deal with alot of Postal and Fed Ex shipments and their tracking systems are pretty good, but if it keeps saying out for delivery that means, well its technically lost in Fed Ex terms. But call them and get the real story first.

Good Luck but definate no on the check or money order cashing first - mine still does not show and got NOA1 today but postdated on the 21st of this month. Go figure, hmmm.......

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Definitely don't go by the check cashing. I have a personal check dated Oct 26 with my application and it still isn't cashed. My only advice is to perhaps just mail the application directly to either Vermont of California Service Center (depending where you live) per the old instructions.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.