SongKim

Looks like illegal activity

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey, I have a concern. And yes, I do a lot of forensic research so I may be bringing up a conspiricy theory but, I really want someone on top to look down on this.

Did you ever notice that the counsulates make you want to call them every week? They make sure that they give you totally vague information without dates, without notice, without anything, so they just make you call to see if they sent you something yet?

And they charge you per call, . . . not that I already pay the government over $40k in taxes and retaxes (yes, they sometimes tax you on things they already taxed you on) every year?!

I just want to know how much money we all spent on calling the counsulates after approval, waiting even longer for the interview just for a non-immigrant K3 Visa, not for an actual immigrant 130, it is for the K3! which states that they wait for the 130 with us, since it is in humane to make us wait so long apart?

Where is the LIFE Act?

I-130

01/01/07 - Engaged

03/13/07 - Married in Tijuana, Mexico (Civil)

04/16/07 - Sent I-130 to CSC (certified mail)

04/23/07 - CSC receives I-130 - Stamped

05/14/07 - Called CSC for status I-130 Backlogged 45 days

05/25/07 - Wedding in Mexico - Los Jardines

05/30/07 - Called USCIS for status and received WAC number

05/30/07 - Looked up WAC and stated that 5/16 - USCIS opened my file

I-129F

05/30/07 - Lawyer sent in my I-129F

06/11/07 - Received 797 for I-129F!

06/15/07 - touched

06/20/07 - Moved to California Service Center

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey, I have a concern. And yes, I do a lot of forensic research so I may be bringing up a conspiricy theory but, I really want someone on top to look down on this.

Did you ever notice that the counsulates make you want to call them every week? They make sure that they give you totally vague information without dates, without notice, without anything, so they just make you call to see if they sent you something yet?

And they charge you per call, . . . not that I already pay the government over $40k in taxes and retaxes (yes, they sometimes tax you on things they already taxed you on) every year?!

I just want to know how much money we all spent on calling the counsulates after approval, waiting even longer for the interview just for a non-immigrant K3 Visa, not for an actual immigrant 130, it is for the K3! which states that they wait for the 130 with us, since it is in humane to make us wait so long apart?

Where is the LIFE Act?

I don't know. I don't see a conspiracy. The consulate didn't make me call them and I didn't call them. Everything went mostly smooth and the only time I needed to go for an infopass appointment I arranged it online.

The consulates in some countries need longer because they have a higher work load. The only one who makes you call the consulate is yourself or your partner.

It is well known that they need longer now since they got significant more applications before the fee raise earlier this year. And you should know that the K-3 takes longer than a K-1 or DCF.

The LIFE Act doesn't say that you can skip steps in the immigration procedure!

Edited by stinger157

Markus - Las Vegas, NV

32821198.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Where is the LIFE Act?

I don't know. I don't see a conspiracy. The consulate didn't make me call them and I didn't call them. Everything went mostly smooth and the only time I needed to go for an infopass appointment I arranged it online.

The consulates in some countries need longer because they have a higher work load. The only one who makes you call the consulate is yourself or your partner.

It is well known that they need longer now since they got significant more applications before the fee raise earlier this year. And you should know that the K-3 takes longer than a K-1 or DCF.

The LIFE Act doesn't say that you can skip steps in the immigration procedure!

I never called the pay number for Consulate information. Those are set up to be a less expensive and more convenient way to get information when you're abroad. Many just can't make an International call or it's even more expensive than the pay numbers. In any event, one doesn't ever actually "have to" call those numbers before the interview. In China, you must call that number to get an appointment to submit overcome information after an initial denial.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

UNFORTUNATELY THE MEXICAN CONSULATE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CHARGES US FOR EVERY CALL $7.OO DOLLARS. I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL, I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THIS IMMIGRATION PROCESS, AND ALSO ON THE CONSULATE CALLS; WHICH IS WASTE MONEY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT EVEN GIVE YOU ACCURATE INFORMATION.

HANG IN THERE :)

LIZ

Married: 2007-03-17 (Monterrey Mexico)

Visa K3

Enter US: 2008-03-03

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Houston TX

Date Filed : 2008-03-17

Interview Date : 2008-07-18

Greencard Received: 2008-08-05

Lifting Conditions I-751

USCIS office: Vermont Service Center

Date filed: 04-19-2010

Date Packet received : 04-21-2010

NOA dated: 04-22-2010

Check Cashed date: 04-23-2010

Biometrics Appointment: 05-28-2010

Approved : 07-20-2010

UNFORTUNATELY THE MEXICAN CONSULATE IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CHARGES US FOR EVERY CALL $7.OO DOLLARS. I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL, I HAVE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY ON THIS IMMIGRATION PROCESS, AND ALSO ON THE CONSULATE CALLS; WHICH IS WASTE MONEY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT EVEN GIVE YOU ACCURATE INFORMATION.

HANG IN THERE :)

LIZ

The London Embassy also charge for every call: £1.20 per minute from within the UK and calls are normally around 7-10 minutes long by the time you've listened to the recorded message and then held on for the call to be answered ($16 fixed-cost for 7 minutes if you are phoning from within the US). I always jokingly say that not even a premium rate "adult" phone line would charge people that much :whistle: You are only allowed to email the London embassy if you telephone them first and get a reference number. If your email doesn't contain the reference number in the subject, then it is automatically deleted.

In the UK forum there have been some very helpful posts about phoning the Department of State instead of the embassy. Even if I were to phone it internationally, DOS have the same info as the embassy (and will speak to foreign spouse) all for a fraction of London's extortiontate cost.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.