Emancipation

Sometimes I'd Like to Punch Him in the Mouth

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/12/20/bush-afghan.html

This makes my blood boil... HOW long have we been helping our "brother" to the south.. this is a crock of ####### IMO..

GAH!!!!!!

How about a nice "go canada" for our "help" during say... 9/11 (no sending your little girl to pass along your "thanks" does not count??? :whistle:

(going away to pound my head against the wall)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh dear, you forgot to put the warning:

Bush actually gives an opinion in this article

I find it insulting that he spouts his views on what other countries are doing elsewhere and implies they might get tired of it.

Canada is there for the Afghans - not for George, despite what he might think to the contrary.

Edited by trailmix

Where is the "banging my head on the wall " emote ? :unsure:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What's the problem with what he said?

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Timeline

Well for me personally, I don't like his condecending attitude:

Bush said his main fear is that countries participating in the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force will decrease their commitment as the mission drags on.

"My biggest concern is that people say, 'Well, we're kind of tired of Afghanistan and, therefore, we think we're going to leave," he said.

Timeline

Well for me personally, I don't like his condecending attitude:

Bush said his main fear is that countries participating in the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force will decrease their commitment as the mission drags on.

"My biggest concern is that people say, 'Well, we're kind of tired of Afghanistan and, therefore, we think we're going to leave," he said.

What is condescending about that? Seriously, that is a legitimate concern in Afghanistan as some countries have already pulled out. I don't know.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Timeline

Is it because it's the U.S. president that it somehow seems acceptable? If Stephen Harper said:

"My biggest concern is that George Bush says, 'Well, we're kind of tired of Iraq and, therefore, we think we're going to leave,".

Timeline
Is it because it's the U.S. president that it somehow seems acceptable? If Stephen Harper said:

"My biggest concern is that George Bush says, 'Well, we're kind of tired of Iraq and, therefore, we think we're going to leave,".

You are greatly altering the structure of his statement to make your point. Plus, George Bush said NOTHING about Stephen Harper. You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Timeline

You are greatly altering the structure of his statement to make your point. Plus, George Bush said NOTHING about Stephen Harper. You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

No, you are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. :thumbs: enough said.

Sometimes? I always want to punch him in the mouth. :angry: and I'm not a violent person at all.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Seriously, you turned a hypothetical that Bush posed into an attack on someone that wasn't even mentioned.

Timeline
Sometimes? I always want to punch him in the mouth. :angry: and I'm not a violent person at all.

My hubby told me to get in line - it was going to be a long wait :whistle:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Seriously, you turned a hypothetical that Bush posed into an attack on someone that wasn't even mentioned.

Seriously, I don't see it that way and nothing you say will change the way I view it. You are looking for an argument today and I am just not in the mood, so I'm done with this.

Timeline

Seriously, I don't see it that way and nothing you say will change the way I view it. You are looking for an argument today and I am just not in the mood, so I'm done with this.

:whistle:

Timeline

*sigh.. I know better than to jump into this one.. but I'm going to nonetheless..

post 9-11 Bush thanked every COUNTRY in the FREAKING WORLD for their help and condolences and NEVER ONCE mentioned Canada.. This was out of ignorance.. but then it took Ms. Rice YEARS to get her ####### up to Halifax to personally thank the people of Canada for their selfless role in the post 9-11 days.. even the rules of etiquette state that you should send a thank you card within a year.

This is the FIRST time that has been reported I've heard him mention Canada's role in Iraq and the fact that Her Sons & Daughters are being put in harms way. Basically IMO Bush got miffed that we REFUSED to go into IRAQ and basically has disowned us as a "brother" ever since. In every speech I have heard he has mentioned every NATO member EXCEPT Canada (even included Japan for heaven's sake and excluded us)..

It has not gone unnoticed by me, and I am NOT happy that NOW he decides to pull out the "go Canada" card..

You can take your beef & soft wood lumber and stick it up your ####### Mr. President..

Ohhhhhh ...

Me thinks I need to stop writing now!! :unsure:

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.