mdc

Birth certificate VS Passport copies

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I would get one certified copy of your own birth certificate. With the petition, include a photocopy of it.

Yes, the foreign fiance(e) will need a birth certificate to take to the interview but it is not needed when you file the petition.

If you use the birth certificate copy to prove citizenship, you only need the relevant passport pages copied as evidence of meeting. There should be additional primary evidence of meeting as well, like boarding passes etc.

Are you saying that the foreign fiance(e) requires a certified bc of the USC at the interview?

No. Do you read something that looks like I'm saying that? The foreign fiance needs their own birth certificate at the interview.

Since you ask, having a certified copy of the USC's birth certificate on hand at the interview is a good idea, my wife did, but it was not asked for. I would consider such a request quite rare, because USCIS has already ruled on any citizenship issue.

Yes, if I had not I would not have requested clarification. In the immediate prior sentence you are talking about the USC bc and without a clearer transition it was or could be confusing.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I would get one certified copy of your own birth certificate. With the petition, include a photocopy of it.

Yes, the foreign fiance(e) will need a birth certificate to take to the interview but it is not needed when you file the petition.

If you use the birth certificate copy to prove citizenship, you only need the relevant passport pages copied as evidence of meeting. There should be additional primary evidence of meeting as well, like boarding passes etc.

Are you saying that the foreign fiance(e) requires a certified bc of the USC at the interview?

No. Do you read something that looks like I'm saying that? The foreign fiance needs their own birth certificate at the interview.

Since you ask, having a certified copy of the USC's birth certificate on hand at the interview is a good idea, my wife did, but it was not asked for. I would consider such a request quite rare, because USCIS has already ruled on any citizenship issue.

Yes, if I had not I would not have requested clarification. In the immediate prior sentence you are talking about the USC bc and without a clearer transition it was or could be confusing.

Yes, some people are pronoun challenged.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Just do what I did.

A valid driving license, copy back and front of BC (make sure you push hard when doing copies so it scan through), and a copy of my passport ID page.

You can never go wrong with supplying 2-3 more proof of citizenship.

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I've seen others say to send in copies of all pages of the passport too. I just provided copies of the photo page and the entry departure page showing the visit. USCIS never mentioned the lack of the rest of the pages. The NVC never mentioned it. Our embassy interview is in just under two weeks. I'm confident the embassy won't mention it either.

If you are using passport instead of birth certificate to prove the petitioner is a USC, the instructions for the I129F specifically say to include copies of all pages, I think even including the cover. For entry stamps to prove you have met, they only ask for the ID page and the relevant entry stamps. We also did what you did.

Songbird, thank you very much for the clarifcation. I didn't realize that.

vjsignature.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.