martinbr

Another minor mess-up with g325a forms

16 posts in this topic

Well, when I went and got married last month, I thought I was all prepared and had all the necessary papers for my new wife to sign when I was over there so I wouldn't have to keep sending documents over back and forth.

So I had them fill out the g325a papers there in handwriting. But she only put her signature on one of the copies. Also, my wife had to go to a lawyer after I got back to get the kids named corrected on her birth certificate. Does she need to sign all four copies for it to be legal? I really wanted to just have them sign them and then pull the signature off the file on the computer and type the rest, but someone here or in one of the forums stated that you really need the original signatures on all four copies.

Or I guess I could have her go to one of the internet cafe's that have a printer and have them printed out and filled out and then send them back to me. Right?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did signed the four copies. I filled the forms myself, printed them out and sent them to my fiance thru DHL.

Edited by dawnlake23

07-23-2007 Sent I129F to VSC

08-10-2007 NOA1

11-28-2007 NOA2

12-10-2007 Arrives at USEM case number MNL2007834xxx

01-30-2008 Medical

02-07-2008 Interview ((APPROVED))

04-22-2008 POE Chicago

AOS

06-23-2008 AOS sent

07-05-2008 NOA1

07-23-2008 Biometrics

07-28-2008 Case transferred to CSC

08-03-2008 Touched

08-06-2008 Touched

08-07-2008 Touched

08-21-2008 Touched

08-22-2008 Touched

08-23-2008 AP & EAD Approved

08-30-2008 AP received in the mail

09-02-2008 EAD received in the mail

09-19-2008 AOS card production ordered

09-22-2008 AOS touched

09-23-2008 AOS approval notice sent

09-24-2008 AOS touched, welcome notice arrived in the mail

09-26-2008 GC received

9095.gif

all 4 copies have to be signed and dated by 'both' of you

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

all 4 copies have to be signed and dated by 'both' of you

I tried to edit (couldnt) to clarify, you have four to fill out, she has four to fill out as well. And you both have to sign all 4 and date them.

David & Jenny

Removing Conditions

5-24-2010 - Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center via USPS (receipt/signature required)

5-25-2010 - Delivered to Vermont Service Center & Signed For

6-1-2010 - I-751 Receipt Notice Received in Mail (dated 5/26/10)

*time Passed

7-30-2010 - Biometrics date: August 13, 2010

8-13-2010 - Biometrics Finished

*time passed

8-30-2010 - email received 'card production ordered'

8-31-2010 - touch (updated on uscis as approved)

9-4-2010 - Received 10yr Green Card ** Now we relax **

Well, when I went and got married last month, I thought I was all prepared and had all the necessary papers for my new wife to sign when I was over there so I wouldn't have to keep sending documents over back and forth.

So I had them fill out the g325a papers there in handwriting. But she only put her signature on one of the copies. Also, my wife had to go to a lawyer after I got back to get the kids named corrected on her birth certificate. Does she need to sign all four copies for it to be legal? I really wanted to just have them sign them and then pull the signature off the file on the computer and type the rest, but someone here or in one of the forums stated that you really need the original signatures on all four copies.

Or I guess I could have her go to one of the internet cafe's that have a printer and have them printed out and filled out and then send them back to me. Right?

This is a four-part form - with each of it's pages going to different departments - SO..all four need to be filled out and signed/dated appropriately. Signature on file won't work. :thumbs:

Edited by Karin und Otto

Well I guess I have to fill them out for her and the kid, send them back there and have them sign all four copies. They don't have DHL, FEDEX, nor UPS where she is. At least according to locations they have specified on there websites. The only service that is available is Johnny Air which is going to be a major PIA to get to. It's down town San Francisco, Ca

I take it the mother just signs for the kid if she is only 10 yrs old, or does she have to sign those as well?

martinbr

Oh, I was wrong here. They have one just right up the road in the next time. :whistle:

The only service that is available is Johnny Air which is going to be a major PIA to get to. It's down town San Francisco, Ca

I take it the mother just signs for the kid if she is only 10 yrs old, or does she have to sign those as well?

martinbr

Well I guess I have to fill them out for her and the kid, send them back there and have them sign all four copies. They don't have DHL, FEDEX, nor UPS where she is. At least according to locations they have specified on there websites. The only service that is available is Johnny Air which is going to be a major PIA to get to. It's down town San Francisco, Ca

martinbr

Since you already know all four pages must be signed and dated, my point to add is which visa are you applying for?

If you are applying for CR1 then you will only need one set of forms for each person. If you are following the K3/K4 route then each person willl nead to sign two G325 forms each, one for the I-130 (IR1/CR1) and one for the I-129f (K3).

I found this on VJ: If children are minors, the legal guardian signs for them on all official forms. So have your wife sign the G-325A but make a note on the side that she signed for her minor children.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Man does G325A hurt my hand.... 8 papers of writing the same thing over and over..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Yeah I remember those pages, they were a mess :wacko: really. Thank God we are long past that now.

Edited by djturbo

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

I was told my the USCIS that I have to fill out two I-130 petitions. The child is 10 yrs old. Then I was told to send in four copies of each person of the g325-a signed in ink and returned. I am going the CR1 route though. I am not going K-1/K-3.

This is all so confusing. I better just do what they say and maybe do a little overkill here. Better to be safe than sorry.

martinbr

If you are applying for CR1 then you will only need one set of forms for each person. If you are following the K3/K4 route then each person willl nead to sign two G325 forms each, one for the I-130 (IR1/CR1) and one for the I-129f (K3).

I found this on VJ: If children are minors, the legal guardian signs for them on all official forms. So have your wife sign the G-325A but make a note on the side that she signed for her minor children.

I was told my the USCIS that I have to fill out two I-130 petitions. The child is 10 yrs old. Then I was told to send in four copies of each person of the g325-a signed in ink and returned. I am going the CR1 route though. I am not going K-1/K-3.

This is all so confusing. I better just do what they say and maybe do a little overkill here. Better to be safe than sorry.

martinbr

Martinbr, according to the I-130 instructions, page 2, subsection D. the G325a are only needed for the husband and wife. You must submit a copy of your marriage contract, I would suggest attaching one to each I-130 petition, and the childs birth certificate along with your required documents. The guides can help you and if you are not sure it would be best to ask on the CR1/IR1 thread.

I sent in too many G325As with my I-130 also because the USCIS mis-information line told me to. LOL. Better to error on the safe side.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Thank you for pointing this out. I will ask this over in the CR1 section.

martinbr

Martinbr, according to the I-130 instructions, page 2, subsection D. the G325a are only needed for the husband and wife. You must submit a copy of your marriage contract, I would suggest attaching one to each I-130 petition, and the childs birth certificate along with your required documents. The guides can help you and if you are not sure it would be best to ask on the CR1/IR1 thread.

I sent in too many G325As with my I-130 also because the USCIS mis-information line told me to. LOL. Better to error on the safe side.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

All four need an original signature.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

martinbr

Just wondering why u have to fill out for ur kids also wat kind of visa ur applying for ? Coz it does not need separate g325 for the kids it for the husband and wife only

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.