myheartwillgoon

Will there be trouble with my age?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I forgot to mention. You two are an absolute beautiful couple. The love between you two is apparant. Marriage at such a young age can be difficult, but you can make it work if you both consider the your partner before you consider yourselves.

I can't give you any advice about a co sponsor, but it sounds like you are getting some good advice here from others that know more about it.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are a beautiful couple and I beleive that God will opens doors for you as He already has and just remember that whatever is suppose to happen will happen. Just keep your faith and love in God and everything will be great.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

i can see why lion_lioness said what she did. (and it was said beautifully)

...but am i the only one who thinks getting married at 17/18 is too young?! :huh:

It's surely no weirder than your average international relationship, no?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

i never said aanything was weird...

i don't think getting married at 18 is necessarily "weird"...its more foolish and hasty than anything, imho.

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Well, right, but if we have a rule of polite discussion on an international board that makes certain judgments off-limits, shouldn't that extend to a younger couple?

AOS

-

Timeline

how is what i said off limits? i'm stating my opinion (like every other member here does). i'm not personally attacking anyone. so whats the problem? i guess i'll go back to congratulating everyone.

GOOD LUCK OP!!!!!!!!!!!! :energetic:

Edited by sereia

world-map.jpg

It's not a personal attack to say "you're foolish and hasty for marrying this young?" I'm not trying to pick on you, but I find it beyond bizarre when VJers seize on someone else's relationship as foolish or ill-advised yet regard proposing after meeting once in person as just something normal people do NO JUDGING ME NO PUNCHBACKS.

We're all in non-traditional relationships here; in context, is being 17 any more problematic than not speaking your fiancee's language?

AOS

-

Timeline

when did i ever say i was FOR those other kinds of marriages?! <_< i usually keep my opinions to myself. now i know i shouldn't have said anything... as usual!

why are you so keen on jumping down my throat? this is the first time i open my mouth while other members rant and rave everyday and i get sh*t for it?

back to the roses and lollipops of the MENA forum where no one speaks their opinion!

anyway, congrats op. good luck on the sponsor and marriage and all....

world-map.jpg

Timeline

We do all have opinions here. Its all in the presentation. For instance, why say "Getting married at 17 is foolish"? Wouldn't it be kinder, but still get your point across by saying "Getting married that young can bring trials. I know that when I was 17 I wasn't ready for that comittment".

The key here is that non us really know this couple. They could have great maturity, while someone, oh say 24, might have the sense of a teenager. I think its important to try to be kind and diplomatic when addressing your opinions so as not to do some damage to someone who might really be affected by unkind words. (I am talking in general here, not one specific member of VJ).

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

i can't wrap my head around anyone having any opinion whatsoever, positive or negative, about this relationship. do any of the people posting "I'm really having a hard time believing your parents would allow you to marry at 16!!" or "Just wanted to say to the OP you guys make a great couple." or "he will take good care of her and they will take lifes journey together." or "The love between you two is apparant. " actually know this couple? has anyone met them in person and really got to know them? if not, then how and why is anyone saying these things? it's slightly ridiculous.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

first of all, my first reply regarding the age thing WAS NOT a personal attack at all. i simply stated i think its too young. i don't know the OP or her fiance. and i'm sure i never will. i think getting married young is generally not a good idea. it can bring trials. nothing is 100%. maybe they'll be married 60 years. maybe 6 months. who knows. i'm sure none of us really care either way. but we all seem to post our opinions about every subject under the sun (in a diplomatic way or not) because we feel like it.

i got annoyed when caladan started saying international marriages were "weird". so is that a personal attack also? she called my marriage weird!! :roll eyes:

i agree with what you're saying, visa in hand!, there are nicer ways to get the exact point across. i apologize. but its just strange to me when i say one thing i get "attacked" myself.

Edited by sereia

world-map.jpg

Timeline
first of all, my first reply regarding the age thing WAS NOT a personal attack at all. i simply stated i think its too young. i don't know the OP or her fiance. and i'm sure i never will. i think getting married young is generally not a good idea. it can bring trials. nothing is 100%. maybe they'll be married 60 years. maybe 6 months. who knows.

i got annoyed when caladan started saying international marriages were "weird". so is that a personal attack also? she called my marriage weird!! :roll eyes:

i agree with what you're saying, visa in hand!, there are nicer ways to get the exact point across. i apologize. but its just strange to me when i say one thing i get "attacked" myself.

I think that we all get a little snippy when our choices in relationships get judged time and time again by everyone, including total strangers. I was married the first time at 19, and I know I was too young, so I see where you are coming from.

Actually I view the fact that I met online, and flew to Morocco to marry him as very unusual. I don't view that at all as an insult, but its just who I am. I have never done anything ordinary in my life, why start now?

Just don't take offense, and don't stop posting. This place can be a source of entertainment, and no one here is worth getting upset over.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i can see why lion_lioness said what she did. (and it was said beautifully)

...but am i the only one who thinks getting married at 17/18 is too young?! :huh:

Just for the record Sereia, in general, I agree with you. I think 17 is way too young but I do not know these two and you just never know what will happen but if it was my daughter, oh hell no! lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know them! :dance::dance::dance:

Well I haven't actually flown to Kentucky to meet her and her mom but I've pm'd her mom a few times a while back and I've followed her story. It really is a cute little love story if I do say so. :luv: I agree that they have their challenges ahead of them due to their age AND due to their religious differences but so do the May/December US/Egyptian relationships.

Her parents though are going to help this guy as much as they can and that will be a big benefit to both of them. A lot of the relationships on this board don't have the support of family.....actually they have to prove themselves to their relatives while this couple has both of the familes' (sp?) blessings so that's definitely a good start.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.