♥Sora_9_Dam3a♥

Interview Requirements

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband and I are preparing for his interview in early January and in the letter I received from the NVC, they have a list of the documents that they need at the interview...the status of the documents are either "Yes/Document complete/reviewed" or "Original Document Received" or "Exempted/Document not needed"....

So I was going through the list to see what my husband should bring to the interview and I see that he doesn't need anything except for his passport[but even that says "Yes/Document complete/reviewed"...so I called to double check with the NVC--just to be safe..and the woman said "yeah, if it says that we received the original or that it has been completed and reviewed, then you don't need to bring it..."---so i said "how about the passport?? i know we didn't submit the original....."....then she replied "oh, well..yeah, he needs to bring his passport..but that's all i see here..you won't need anything else"...

so...I feel like that's too good to be true... :unsure: haha...but we DID send in the original marriage certificate, his birth certificate, the police certificate..etc. etc...

the letter also says my husband should bring "Any original documents that were requested by the NVC but were not submitted to the NVC"...wouldn't the NVC notify us about this during the process? I mean, while they're reviewing your papers?? Wouldn't they send you a letter saying they require the original or whatever?? it just seems a little redundant to me...like they're just trying to confuse the hell out of us...haha...it worked :wacko:

I also asked her about the financial evidence...according to this letter, the status of the financial evidence is "Yes/Document complete/reviewed"....so are we safe?? does my husband only have to bring his passport, the appointment letter, photographs and his medical exam results..??

your help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!

all the best to everyone!! and happy holidays!! :D(L)

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We just got that letter from the NVC also. For a CR1/IR1 case, all of the original paperwork was submitted with the DS-230 and so we don't need to bring any originals with us to interviews. (I think they use the same standard letter for K visas and CR1/IR1 visas, hence the "bring original paperwork if not already submitted to NVC" bit.)

That being said, my husband will still be bringing copies of all of our submitted paperwork and updated financial information (like his letter of employment, my updated pay stubs and letter from my employer).

:)

CR1 application

I-130: 03/26/2007-07/02/2007 at NSC

NVC: 07/20/2007-11/08/2007

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 01/18/2008

(2 months' additional security checks)

Received Green Card: 05/12/2008

Removal of Conditions

I-751: 2/25/10-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My husband and I are preparing for his interview in early January and in the letter I received from the NVC, they have a list of the documents that they need at the interview...the status of the documents are either "Yes/Document complete/reviewed" or "Original Document Received" or "Exempted/Document not needed"....

So I was going through the list to see what my husband should bring to the interview and I see that he doesn't need anything except for his passport[but even that says "Yes/Document complete/reviewed"...so I called to double check with the NVC--just to be safe..and the woman said "yeah, if it says that we received the original or that it has been completed and reviewed, then you don't need to bring it..."---so i said "how about the passport?? i know we didn't submit the original....."....then she replied "oh, well..yeah, he needs to bring his passport..but that's all i see here..you won't need anything else"...

so...I feel like that's too good to be true... :unsure: haha...but we DID send in the original marriage certificate, his birth certificate, the police certificate..etc. etc...

the letter also says my husband should bring "Any original documents that were requested by the NVC but were not submitted to the NVC"...wouldn't the NVC notify us about this during the process? I mean, while they're reviewing your papers?? Wouldn't they send you a letter saying they require the original or whatever?? it just seems a little redundant to me...like they're just trying to confuse the hell out of us...haha...it worked :wacko:

I also asked her about the financial evidence...according to this letter, the status of the financial evidence is "Yes/Document complete/reviewed"....so are we safe?? does my husband only have to bring his passport, the appointment letter, photographs and his medical exam results..??

your help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!

all the best to everyone!! and happy holidays!! :D(L)

my wife went for her IR1 interview in islamabad embassy pakistan.they asked photocopy of petitioner's(thats me) current passport along with wedding pics,medical report and her passport and interview letter.best of luck :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

thanks so much guys!! i really appreciate your replies so much!!

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Have your husband bring copies of EVERYTHING with him to the interview. They can ask to see anything. Bring pictures, proof of your relationship (letters, phone bills, etc). Best of luck to you!

The interview letter usually asks the visa applicant to bring original and photocopy. Embassy keeps the photocopies while returns originals. But Embassy can keep any original, if it wants to. Don't forget to take proof of relationship and ongoing communication (wedding pictures, other pictures together, email printout, phone bill records, etc).

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Timeline

The interview letter usually asks the visa applicant to bring original and photocopy. Embassy keeps the photocopies while returns originals. But Embassy can keep any original, if it wants to. Don't forget to take proof of relationship and ongoing communication (wedding pictures, other pictures together, email printout, phone bill records, etc).

What if they don't ask for all these things, and you don't bring them, would they reject your visa based on that?? For my wife, I think she will take with her to the interview (when it actually gets scheduled, it has not yet, although the case is complete): (1) Interview Letter, (2) Medical Exam results, (3) Her Passport, (4) some photos with us together, engagement, wedding, etc... (5) any required passport-type photos that embassy may ask for, (6) the couple of letters which I mailed to her - we mostly communicate on the phone (calling cards etc).

However, she does not have a photocopy of my US passport - do you guys suggest that I send her a copy of this? Would the embassy want to see this? How important is that?

Thanks!

What if they don't ask for all these things, and you don't bring them, would they reject your visa based on that?? For my wife, I think she will take with her to the interview (when it actually gets scheduled, it has not yet, although the case is complete): (1) Interview Letter, (2) Medical Exam results, (3) Her Passport, (4) some photos with us together, engagement, wedding, etc... (5) any required passport-type photos that embassy may ask for, (6) the couple of letters which I mailed to her - we mostly communicate on the phone (calling cards etc).

However, she does not have a photocopy of my US passport - do you guys suggest that I send her a copy of this? Would the embassy want to see this? How important is that?

Thanks!

They won't reject your visa. Usually they ask the visa applicant to bring what they (Embassy) want to see. They give a blue paper where it will be mentioned what documents to bring. It is hard to say, if they will ask for your US Passport photocopy. You may want to send her, if possible.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks!

I would suggest you to send the copies of your passport to your wife. I have seen a girl getting rejected during my own visitor's visa, because she didn't have the photocopies of her husband's passport.

You can just scan your passport and email your wife and she can take the print outs at her place, that will be much faster way than to rely on post.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

At this point in the odyssey, it is probably much better to play it safe and bring anything and everything that has already been submitted or requested (originals and photocopies), and also be prepared to present anything and everything else. The last thing you want is an overcome and a delay of another two months. You are allowed to bring anything and everything. I suggest you bring everything just in case. Good luck!!!

Thanks!

I would suggest you to send the copies of your passport to your wife. I have seen a girl getting rejected during my own visitor's visa, because she didn't have the photocopies of her husband's passport.

You can just scan your passport and email your wife and she can take the print outs at her place, that will be much faster way than to rely on post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.