BigCityDave

Question about steps for NOA2

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hey everyone,

I have been reviewing the guides here on visajourney.com, and under the list of steps that need to be taken once you recieve the NOA 2, one of them states, Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy. I am not exactly sure what this is meaning. Could someone please clearify?

Thank you

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Timeline

Everything that you made copies of to send with your petition, send the originals to your fiancee. That includes boarding passes, photographs, receipts, birth certificate, letters, etc. If it was in your petition, send the original to your fiancee. Do not, however, send your passport if you used it as evidence. Make copies, but don't send the real one.

Edited by mox

Timeline
Everything that you made copies of to send with your petition, send the originals to your fiancee. That includes boarding passes, photographs, receipts, birth certificate, letters, etc. If it was in your petition, send the original to your fiancee. Do not, however, send your passport if you used it as evidence. Make copies, but don't send the real one.

So send everything I sent with my K1 petition to the California service center to her?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Yep :) Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So send everything I sent with my K1 petition to the California service center to her?

Hello Dave!

I'd think that the best thing to do is: call or e-mail her local consulate and question about it.

Since some requirements can be different from one consulate to another :thumbs:

Good luck on your journey!

- Vanessa

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

The ONLY true original document that our embassy asked for me to provide to her was an original divorce decree, with a court seal stamp on it, and of course the documentation for the I134F (tax return/W2, employment letter with original signiture from company officer, check stub, letter from bank summarizing total deposits for the year, and bank statements (she printed 2 or 3 months of them).

They did not want or ask for MY original birth certificate, but they did ask for hers, as well as the certified English translation for it. Had she been married before they would of course want her original divorce decree, etc. The other documents (DS230, visa application, ets) are of course originals, and she has copies of every single thing we filed and the NOA's that apply to our case.

Good luck to you, and remember the embassies slightly differ as to what they want, but I've never heard of either an embassy or the USCIS asking for the USC original birth certificate.

Yes. You're going to send her a complete duplicate copy of the I-129F package you sent to USCIS. You're also going to send her all of the original documents that you included in your I-129F. For documents such as divorce decrees and birth certificats, I'd suggest ordering these from the respective agencies so that if they're lost in transit or something, you won't be without those important documents.

You will hear advice from people saying "they only wanted to see an original copy of <document>." Keep in mind that the chances of them wanting to see *all* of your documents is pretty low. But when they say "show me his birth certificate" or "show me his divorce decree," you'll want to have it available. You can't predict what documents they're going to ask for, so it's best to have it all.

Timeline

Yes. You're going to send her a complete duplicate copy of the I-129F package you sent to USCIS. You're also going to send her all of the original documents that you included in your I-129F. For documents such as divorce decrees and birth certificats, I'd suggest ordering these from the respective agencies so that if they're lost in transit or something, you won't be without those important documents.

You will hear advice from people saying "they only wanted to see an original copy of <document>." Keep in mind that the chances of them wanting to see *all* of your documents is pretty low. But when they say "show me his birth certificate" or "show me his divorce decree," you'll want to have it available. You can't predict what documents they're going to ask for, so it's best to have it all.

I don't understand, I need to have an original copy of my birth certificate? I can send her original copies of the I-129F, but I cannot think of any other originals that I would need.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

I don't understand, I need to have an original copy of my birth certificate? I can send her original copies of the I-129F, but I cannot think of any other originals that I would need.

When you filed your petition, as proof of who you were you either showed them; a copy of your birth certificate *OR* All the pages of your passport including picture and signature page.

Basically, anything you photocopied, you are sending the originals of. Boarding passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, etc. etc. I also suggest NOT sending in your passport if you used that instead of your birth certificate.

If you want, you could order a new birth certificate online (They don't take that long to get) and send that in, instead of another copy of your passport and all it's pages.

If you did use your passport as identification, you could just copy it all again (Including blank pages) and mail that off to her instead of getting a birth certificate.

Good Luck!

~L

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

You did send an original I-129F, didn't you? By "original" I mean the signed (not a copy) form.

Yes I sent all the original signed forms. Okay, so I just need to order a new birth certificate. Gotcha. So I will send all the real flight tickets and everything I used as proof we know each other?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

K1 Visa Petition

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(05-29-08)Interview Date

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

There is no such thing as an "original copy". It's either an "original" or a "copy". The Consulate doesn't specifically require a new complete copy of what you filed with your I-129F. The reason for advising you to send it to the beneficiary is primarily for her information. She can refer to it to study the information about you and your family, in preparation for the interview.

You probably send a photocopy of your birth certificate with the petition. Make sure she has an actual certified copy of that, in case they want to see it. They will not retain it, if they already have a photocopy. If you used boarding passes or receipts as primary evidence of meeting, send the originals of those, in case they want to see them. They will not retain them if they have photocopies already.

I suggest you stop worrying about understanding why to do this and just do it. The very best way to understand why is to pay any potential consequences for not doing it. Your choice.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I also would recommend checking with the specific embassy. For instance the list on the Russian embassy website has specific requirements that don't include everything sent with the initial I-129F.

May 7, 2007 -- I-129F K1 sent to NSC

Dec 26, 2007 -- K1 Visa approved.

------

Sep 16, 2008 -- AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

Apr 01, 2009 -- Conditional green card arrives.

------

Feb 19, 2011 -- Mailed I-751 Packet to lift conditions

Nov 11, 2011 -- Permanent GC rev'd in mail.

------

Apr 25, 2012 -- Mailed N-400 Naturalization

Aug 16, 2012 -- Citizenship Interview. Approved.

Sep 06, 2012 -- Citizenship Oath.

I also would recommend checking with the specific embassy. For instance the list on the Russian embassy website has specific requirements that don't include everything sent with the initial I-129F.

Good advice, although I'd still bring everything. The consulates are notorious for making and even breaking their own rules. Coming up with originals of all your documentation requires little effort, and it's always better to be over-prepared. I don't know this for sure, but I would imagine that if your fiancee shows up to the interview with a well-organized portfolio of every document they could ever want, they probably won't even bother with asking for too much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is absolutely no requirement to send you fiance(e) the original or duplicate contents of the I-129f petition as submitted. Most people will indicate that nothing was ever requested by the consulate. I would not lose any sleep if you cannot but in the realm of total CYA, since it really does not take that much effort to do it, it is not a bad suggestion.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.