PassPort! & Visa?

33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, my husband got a phone call from the embassy today asking for him to bring his passport to the Embassy so they can get on with the Visa... Im happy and excited and wondering whats next, how long will they take to give him his visa or will he get it this week!? :dance:

This is a such a blessing and a relief! :yes: I will keep ya'll posted if we get the visa soon or what happens after he brings the passport to the Embassy tomorrow!

-Tam (F)

Thank God Tam!! I have been praying for you guys and checking your website to see if you had any news! I was so happy to read your post today!! Congratulations and best of luck-- I'll be praying that Adam has his visa in hand tomorrow-- you two have been waiting WAY too long! Bestest wishes and God bless!!!! :) Laura

Congratulations :)

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Mabroukis !!!

You know that I'm happy for you. I've lit many candles and said many prayers for you and Adam. (and for me & Mina, too ;) )

I think that it won't be long before you get another call with some good news !!!

Love ya girl,

(F)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Mabroukis !!!

You know that I'm happy for you. I've lit many candles and said many prayers for you and Adam. (and for me & Mina, too ;) )

I think that it won't be long before you get another call with some good news !!!

Love ya girl,

(F)

Yes mam i do KNOW! thank you!!!!!! Well, Im waiting for my tired husband to go online with me to tell me about it more, but from my understanding... they had his name at the gate, he gave them his passport and they told him in a week he will get his visa! SO !!! :dance: Let me wait and see the VISA in his Hand! :dance: Then I can cry and scream and jump up and down like a crazy woman ! ! !

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Mabroukis !!!

Love ya girl,

(F)

Yes mam i do KNOW! thank you!!!!!! Well, Im waiting for my tired husband to go online with me to tell me about it more, but from my understanding... they had his name at the gate, he gave them his passport and they told him in a week he will get his visa! SO !!! :dance: Let me wait and see the VISA in his Hand! :dance: Then I can cry and scream and jump up and down like a crazy woman ! ! !

Did you ever get to the bottom of what went on with the movement certificate??

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

thats great congrats

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

1st let me see it in his hand for real... and i hope "We will contact you next week!" means that NEXT Monday he will have his VISA in his Hand... im counting the days! I just want to see that Visa !

He will come as soon as he gets the visa... same week!!!!!!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well, my husband got a phone call from the embassy today asking for him to bring his passport to the Embassy so they can get on with the Visa... Im happy and excited and wondering whats next, how long will they take to give him his visa or will he get it this week!? :dance:

This is a such a blessing and a relief! :yes: I will keep ya'll posted if we get the visa soon or what happens after he brings the passport to the Embassy tomorrow!

-Tam (F)

Tam That is Great News!!!! :dance::dance: I am happy for you.

Cheryl

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

-Tam (F)

Tam That is Great News!!!! :dance::dance: I am happy for you.

Cheryl

Wow great news and good luck to you both !!!

Myheartwillgoon

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Great news!!! I am so happy for you guys. I wish you both the best of luck. :) Edited by elwalk1965

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.