Tunisianlover

More issues intelligent women help me!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I was going through our evidence that we had been together and met within the past 2 years, and it so weak. We have tons of pictures and I have stamps in my passport. The problem is that he is from Tunisia and I met him in Italy. I have tons of pictures and but I don't have enough evidence such as a lease or housing contract or anything else that gives proof that we were both in Italy at the same time. His passport was stolen while I was there and he was issued a new one a month after I returned to the states to start this petition. So that means his passport does not have Italian stamps. I don't knoe what else to use. Does anyone have any advice?

Maybe I can get an italian friend to right out a testimony that we've been together for such and such time. would that work I am freaking out again. We just found out that my SO only has fines on his police report which means that we don't have a problem wth that anymore. we go 10 steps forward and now because of the lack of evidence we'll have to take 10 steps back.

any advice?

Thanks in advance

jan

The testimony of a friend sounds like it might be useful, but I would save it for the interview. Pictures should be sufficient for the petition. Does your fiance have an financial records for the time he was in Italy? Receipts, bank statments, CC purchases, ticket stubs of any kind? Those might help. I used some in our petition to prove I was in Rabat, Maroc during a certain time. It also might help if your photos have the date imprinted on them (not sure if your cam does that).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

All you need is to prove that you have met within the last 2 years; USCIS is not too concerned about your ongoing relationship. Keep all the proof of relationship stuff for the interview.

Like the above poster says, if your fiance has anything that proves he was in Italy with you at the time you met that should be fine.

You could include a couple of pictures but these are considered secondary evidence to USCIS.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

My "non-involved in society" Fiance, unfourtuantley does not have any of those statements, I think we need to think deeper to prove our relationship. I remember going to florence for a weekend trip callin th hotel tomorrow morning to see if they still have a copy of our checkin. This just vrought a whole ####### load of problems

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's tough. His name isn't even on a lease somewhere in Italy? There is nothing that links him to Italy at all during the time you met him there? No sort of tax return? Pix are at least something but it's not on paper. Hmmm...? Sorry I couldn't be more help.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

I woudnt fret too terribly much about it. The petition is for getting your foot in the door, save the big guns for the interview. Mind you, some of the MENA consulates tend to have tabasco tampon days and make up their minds based on the original petition long before they interview the beneficiary. But you cant dig up evidence out of nothing. Do the best you can with what you have. Perhaps you'll have another visit together while awaiting NOA2? That would be an excellent time to create more evidence of an ongoing relationship.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
I woudnt fret too terribly much about it. The petition is for getting your foot in the door, save the big guns for the interview. Mind you, some of the MENA consulates tend to have tabasco tampon days and make up their minds based on the original petition long before they interview the beneficiary. But you cant dig up evidence out of nothing. Do the best you can with what you have. Perhaps you'll have another visit together while awaiting NOA2? That would be an excellent time to create more evidence of an ongoing relationship.

You cannot add evidence of a subsequent meeting after you file the initial petition. Otherwise, everyone would be filing before they ever met.

Pictures alone are not sufficient. Photos are considered secondary evidence. You must have the promary evidence first, and use the photos to supplement your case.

Go back and visit, and document total; stamps, boarding passes, etc.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

You cannot add evidence of a subsequent meeting after you file the initial petition. Otherwise, everyone would be filing before they ever met.

Pictures alone are not sufficient. Photos are considered secondary evidence. You must have the promary evidence first, and use the photos to supplement your case.

Go back and visit, and document total; stamps, boarding passes, etc.

You can use the evidence of a subsequent meeting to show that there is an *ongoing* relationship, just not to establish the *initial relationship.*

OP, I'd second the recommendation of looking at financial records while he was in Italy. ATM withdrawals, bank receipts, credit card transactions, anything that can put him in the country when you were there.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I was going through our evidence that we had been together and met within the past 2 years, and it so weak. We have tons of pictures and I have stamps in my passport. The problem is that he is from Tunisia and I met him in Italy. I have tons of pictures and but I don't have enough evidence such as a lease or housing contract or anything else that gives proof that we were both in Italy at the same time. His passport was stolen while I was there and he was issued a new one a month after I returned to the states to start this petition. So that means his passport does not have Italian stamps. I don't knoe what else to use. Does anyone have any advice?

Maybe I can get an italian friend to right out a testimony that we've been together for such and such time. would that work I am freaking out again. We just found out that my SO only has fines on his police report which means that we don't have a problem wth that anymore. we go 10 steps forward and now because of the lack of evidence we'll have to take 10 steps back.

any advice?

Thanks in advance

jan

have you considered having him go to the passport office and asking for a "movement certificate"?? If they give one there, it will show where he went to and when...that may be proof enough.

I never said she could. I told her to build up proof of an ongoing relationship, since thats what the consulate is looking for at the interview.

Timeline

any advice?

Thanks in advance

jan

have you considered having him go to the passport office and asking for a "movement certificate"?? If they give one there, it will show where he went to and when...that may be proof enough.

I have his passport that was issued in Rome, but he received it in Sept. I had already returned to start the petition. I have a copy of his passport that says issued in Rome, plus I think I have a copy of a movement Certificate, but there is a date for sept on it. After I left.

I think I might have some evidence..... Khaled took me on a trip in June so, I called the hotel to get a copy of the check in and of course I forgot that its the middle of Dec. and everything is closed down till december 28. I really hope they keep records for more then 6 months because would be so perfect. Grrr why didn't I think of these kind of things before grrr. If I wasn't such a control freak we would had tons of evidence. Like I said ten steps back.

Timeline

any advice?

Thanks in advance

jan

Another thing, Do you think I can just send a black and white copy of his passport picture? Where it would say where the passport was issued?? And send the consulate of tunisia in Roma moverment certificate?

Plus, we had seen a lawyer together a few times maybe getting a copy of a receipt from the lawyer would work too? what do you think??????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Flight/travel itineraries? if he didn't save them, maybe you can try getting a copy with the airline/travel agency :)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

I never said she could. I told her to build up proof of an ongoing relationship, since thats what the consulate is looking for at the interview.

But her problem is trying to submit an initial petition...with the proofs of having met within the last two years.

The "on-going" part is still to be faced down the road if she can get the initial approval.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I just want to clarify one thing regarding the police report. The relevant info is not whether he was fined or jailed, but rather the nature of the crime for which he was fined or jailed. While it is at the CO's discretion, most crimes can be considered a CIMT and thus make one inadmisible without a waiver. The law excludes only the following under "Exception-Clause":

"(II) the maximum penalty possible for the crime of which the alien was convicted (or which the alien admits having committed or of which the acts that the alien admits having committed constituted the essential elements) did not exceed imprisonment for one year and, if the alien was convicted of such crime, the alien was not sentenced to a term of imprisonment in excess of 6 months (regardless of the extent to which the sentence was ultimately executed)."

(emphasis added)

So the question is not what sentence he received, but the maximum sentence he could have received for the crime in question.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.