62 posts in this topic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
One of the worst mornings of my life. I hate snow. We're seriously considering relocating to Florida. :ranting:

do southern but not Florida!! (as a diehard Northeasterner myself) I couldnt wait to get out.

LOL don't you have a home in FLA to unload ? Thought you'd be extolling the joys of living there to prospective house-hunters..... heh heh....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Timeline

Just what Egyptians need...another place to buy junk imported from China. I'm so with you, MK. :thumbs:

Wow cool pics, Jeanne -- thanks for sharing !!

One thing though -- I absolutely detest American mall culture, and I really hate that this concept is being exported as something "good." Everyone in Palestine was sooooo proud of the new mall in Ramallah -- complete with lots of shiny glass and mirrors and escalators and generic food court. Bleh..... it's bad enough that we made American towns and cities so homogenized with identical box stores and fast food chains.... now we're ruining the third world with it. I dread the day that Wal-mart opens right next to the pyramids....

(F)

-MK

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wow cool pics, Jeanne -- thanks for sharing !!

One thing though -- I absolutely detest American mall culture, and I really hate that this concept is being exported as something "good." Everyone in Palestine was sooooo proud of the new mall in Ramallah -- complete with lots of shiny glass and mirrors and escalators and generic food court. Bleh..... it's bad enough that we made American towns and cities so homogenized with identical box stores and fast food chains.... now we're ruining the third world with it. I dread the day that Wal-mart opens right next to the pyramids....

(F)

-MK

UGH I sooooooo agree! I hate big indoor malls with the same ####### stores in every one of them. Whatever happened to boutiques and uniqueness? :crying: I love art and clothes made by locals...not imported from China!

I can understand why you would hate the snow and ice in Boston after living there your entire life. I grew up in CA where the weather hardly changes and it gets really old! Give me some North Eastern SEASONS and culture! :thumbs:

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

I left work yesterday at 12:30 and it took me 5 and 1/2 hours to get halfway home, what is normally about 30-40 minutes... I had to stop at my parents house cause I just couldn't take it anymore. There was a point, the last two hours, where I literally maybe moved a couple inches. People were standing outside of their cars dusting snow off and trying to figure out what was going on. Turned out two cars were stopped side-by-side on a small hill cause they coudn't get up :ranting: . I had to drive with the heat on full blast on the windshield so the wipers wouldn't freeze and my windows down cause it was so freaking hot. And then, after about three hours, my phone battery died.

The snow kept falling and I was basically snowed in so I ended up staying at my parents. I woke up and had to chip the ice off my car and was an hour and a half late to work. I'm sooooooooo ready for the two week vacation I have coming up!!!!!!!

How did all of the other northeasterners do in the snow???

Edited by hollyw

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, Jenn! is having a nervous breakdown. :lol:

One of the worst mornings of my life. I hate snow. We're seriously considering relocating to Florida. :ranting:

If you need any help Jenn, I ll do anything I can to help you

Thanks, K. (F) There's another storm moving in on Sunday. Would you like to scrape my car? :P

do southern but not Florida!! (as a diehard Northeasterner myself) I couldnt wait to get out.

Raleigh-Durham wasn't so bad....hmmm...

We had both of our cars towed from our street which is NOT a snow artery. Allegedly the police came by with sirens and airhorns, but we're in the back of the building with the windows shut, so we didn't hear it.

There were no cabs available this morning so we had to walk through the snow to the tow lot and spent over an hour trying to get the first car out.

So here I am, $300 and an aching back later. :crying:

Thanks, K. (F) There's another storm moving in on Sunday. Would you like to scrape my car? :P

I'd like to get in on that!

I don't think I can handle another storm........ at least it's on a weekend... and NOT when everyone in Massachusetts is trying to get home :girlwerewolf2xn:

We had both of our cars towed from our street which is NOT a snow artery. Allegedly the police came by with sirens and airhorns, but we're in the back of the building with the windows shut, so we didn't hear it.

There were no cabs available this morning so we had to walk through the snow to the tow lot and spent over an hour trying to get the first car out.

WOW.... I'm getting stressed just reading that. You win

Edited by hollyw

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I left work yesterday at 12:30 and it took me 5 and 1/2 hours to get halfway home, what is normally about 30-40 minutes... I had to stop at my parents house cause I just couldn't take it anymore. There was a point, the last two hours, where I literally maybe moved a couple inches. People were standing outside of their cars dusting snow off and trying to figure out what was going on. Turned out two cars were stopped side-by-side on a small hill cause they coudn't get up :ranting: . I had to drive with the heat on full blast on the windshield so the wipers wouldn't freeze and my windows down cause it was so freaking hot. And then, after about three hours, my phone battery died.

The snow kept falling and I was basically snowed in so I ended up staying at my parents. I woke up and had to chip the ice off my car and was an hour and a half late to work. I'm sooooooooo ready for the two week vacation I have coming up!!!!!!!

3 hours home yesterday for me--3 hours to drive 36 miles. It sucked so bad and Ramy was so worried because my mom was coming from the same direction, and she arrived at the house before I did.

This morning, 40 minutes late to work b/c I got stuck in my own driveway :lol: and I was almost out of gas, so I had to stop again. Should have just stayed home but God am I ever ready for the weekend!!! We're supposed to get another storm Sunday, so I guess it's going to be a terrible flea market day for me, and Ramy's supposed to go film someone's birthday party ($$$!)...but with the weather I'm worried it will be canceled.

I can't wait to get home and relax tonight. And I really, really want to go sledding :D ....on a real sled, not a car. lol

Jeanne, beautiful pictures! I can't wait to go back there.

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

ay ay ay i've never been through that! i just jumped in a subway or taxi who already did all the work to scrap the ice off their car. ;) i think having to go through what you guys go through would make me crazy too!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Dear Lord !!!! That's ridiculous !!!!

Texas ain't so bad....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

LOL don't you have a home in FLA to unload ? Thought you'd be extolling the joys of living there to prospective house-hunters..... heh heh....

haha I do! but I am not going to blow smoke on how terrible Tampa has become. The housing inflated and jobs moved out. It is now just reduced to the city of pron (even wyclef jean touts Tampa's highlights in his songs!!)... meh - happy to unload it on people who wish to stay, not goign to recommend it to friends moving though! High property tax rates (for the area), high high home insurance, flooding, mold, hurricanes, and 5pm storms that will rival any hurrican daily. Im done!!!!!

Raleigh-Durham wasn't so bad....hmmm...

We looked into Charlotte NC, Columbia, SC, and a whole bunch of cities peppered around the south & southwest. We want to be warm. We woujd up getting seasons. Not too bad :)

:( about the loss in money and achy back

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow I guess I had it easy! I left work in Charlestown at 2pm and got to the daycare only 15 min late at 3:30. It was slow, like 10 mph, but never a full stop. Some knuckleheads were trying to go fast and ended up spinning out but other than that no biggie BUT I don't drive on major highways and I don't take the Tobin Bridge. I go route 99 to route 16 so I avoid all of that thankfully. The minute we got home the kids booked it across the street with their sleds and stayed out until I called them to come in for dinner. They looked like little frozen popsicles with snow stuck everywhere. :lol::lol:

Today the kids had to be in school at 10 so 2 hours late. Cat's snuggled in to me in our lil chair while I attempt to get some work done. I'm in a pissy mood and my whole body aches like a sonofagun so we'll see what I can accomplish today.

As for moving I always fantacize about moving to southern fla when I watch CSI miami 'cause it makes it look so nice but then i look up the crime rates and I remember how hot my sister is all the time in ft. laud and I think I'm ok where I am. I like the snow I just don't like when my basement floods. I wouldn't mind moving to North Carolina though but it'd have to be on the coast since I could never live where I can't smell the ocean.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
ay ay ay i've never been through that! i just jumped in a subway or taxi who already did all the work to scrap the ice off their car. ;) i think having to go through what you guys go through would make me crazy too!

lol we don't have subways or taxis here. Well. Not where I live--the taxis stop about 20 miles south of my house, and the only passenger railroad we have runs along the shore........:lol:

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No snow in DC!!! YAY!!! I knew there was a reason I moved here and so far it's working out pretty stinking good!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Good morning and happy Friday to everyone!! :dance::thumbs:

We spent the day in Cairo yesterday. Weather was so perfect...blue skies and slightly warm. A great day for taking more pics and doing some last minute sightseeing. We hired a car and driver and I must say it was just fantastic! He picked us up at the apartment, spent all day with us taking us wherever we wanted to go and brought us back to Alexandria. No waiting around for taxi's and no crossing those horrible Cairo streets. Was kinda hard to see Cairo for the last time. Hope we can come back soon.

We will post more pics soon. Hope you enjoy them! :D

Have a good day and a great weekend.

<a href="http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastupby&uid=36714" target="_blank">

</a>http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbna...y&uid=36714

Great pics

thanks for sharing - i cant wait for my trip to Egypt

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.