whitesnail

HELP: Administrative process for CR1 case

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our application DS230 was submittied early Dec. I called operator at NVC today and they told me the document is completed. However, the case is in an administrative process now and they dont know how long it takes.

I am really worried, as this could take a really long long time......

Does anyone know what is the administrative process about? The operator said don't take it as a negative thing. But for sure this means our case will sit at NVC for an unpredicted period of time.

One reason I think may cause the check is maybe I lost my passport before with US visa stamps on. Now I have a new passport with different number.

Anyone have an idea or have such experience before? I feel so sad as our application has suffered so much trouble all the time.

April 28 2007 sent I-130 to NVC

May 22 2007 application transfered to CSC

July 11 2007 received NOA1, decide to apply CR1 instead of K3

Aug 14 2007 touched (not sure if it is touched before Aug 14)

Aug 21 2007 NOA2 in snail mail :)

Aug 27 2007 NVC received our case, number is assigned.

Sep 11 2007 DS3032 and AOS bill generated and mailed out

Sep 12 2007 mailed out DS3032 from Canada and hubby mailed AOS bill in US. DS3032 will arrive NVC 3 days slower than AOS bill.

Sep 18 2007 Auto msg says NVC received DS3032, didn't mention AOS bill yet.

Sep 24 2007 IV fee bill generated

Oct 8 received IV fee bill. Still waiting for 864form

Oct 13 received 864form letter. It was issued on Sep 24 at NVC. Mailed out 864 on Oct 15

NVC agent said they don't receive IV fee bill nor 864. Send out IV fee bill again end of Oct.

Nov 8 IV fee bill entered to system

Nov 12 DS230 generated. But agent still said 864 is not received yet.

Nov 20 resend out 864 again(Hubby forgot to write case number on documents last time)

Nov 27 NVC Auto message said received 864, now waiting for 230

Nov 29 230 delivered. Will arrive at NVC next day.

Dec 3 NVC received 230 and put into its system

Dec 13 NVC operator told us the case is in administrative process.

Dec 14 Called operator again, and magically the case is completed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Our application DS230 was submittied early Dec. I called operator at NVC today and they told me the document is completed. However, the case is in an administrative process now and they dont know how long it takes.

Does anyone know what is the administrative process about? The operator said don't take it as a negative thing. But for sure this means our case will sit at NVC for an unpredicted period of time.

One reason I think may cause the check is maybe I lost my passport before with US visa stamps on. Now I have a new passport with different number.

Anyone have an idea or have such experience before? I feel so sad as our application has suffered so much trouble all the time.

Just call NVC automated line, it should say case complete and wait up to 8 weeks for further instructions.

Timeline

Just call NVC automated line, it should say case complete and wait up to 8 weeks for further instructions.

The case is not completed. Administrative process is not a process for every applicant.

Only after the process is done, the case can be done.......

Sep 12 2007 mailed out DS3032 from Canada and hubby mailed AOS bill in US. DS3032 will arrive NVC 3 days slower than AOS bill.

Oct 13 received 864form letter. It was issued on Sep 24 at NVC. Mailed out 864 on Oct 15

NVC agent said they don't receive IV fee bill nor 864. Send out IV fee bill again end of Oct.

Nov 20 resend out 864 again(Hubby forgot to write case number on documents last time)

Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that.. I wish you get out of that Administrative Process soon...

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Administrative Process mainly deals with document verification (authenticity) and most importantly background checks. You may have indicated your visits and stays in the US and some other countries, and it's just logical for them to do that. They may have also found the same name with a character record from their database that committed a crime that made that person ineligible to travel the US. In other words, same name but not the same person going through the legal immigration process.

As long as you have not committed any crimes in and out of Canada and all your documents prove your true identity, then there is nothing to worry about.

Good luck!

~ Rina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Timeline

I'm sorry, but ktm did you read the original post at all?

Anyway, sorry to hear this whitesnail, only because it will probably mean a couple of weeks of AP for you and hold your case up a bit.

Hope your application flies through AP, let us know how it is going.

Timeline
Administrative Process mainly deals with document verification (authenticity) and most importantly background checks. You may have indicated your visits and stays in the US and some other countries, and it's just logical for them to do that. They may have also found the same name with a character record from their database that committed a crime that made that person ineligible to travel the US. In other words, same name but not the same person going through the legal immigration process.

As long as you have not committed any crimes in and out of Canada and all your documents prove your true identity, then there is nothing to worry about.

Good luck!

~ Rina

Thanks you guys replies. I am not worry about my documents and all that. It just that I am bad luck to be involved in the process and time is the only big issue for me. This probably means that we will have to wait another 2-4 months to end the case at NVC. And another 6-7 months wait in Montreal to have the final interview. All the time is a really a problem for us. Our plans are totally impacted by the time variation.

Really there is nothing I can do for the process or get status of the process rather than keep calling them?

Timeline
Thanks you guys replies. I am not worry about my documents and all that. It just that I am bad luck to be involved in the process and time is the only big issue for me. This probably means that we will have to wait another 2-4 months to end the case at NVC. And another 6-7 months wait in Montreal to have the final interview. All the time is a really a problem for us. Our plans are totally impacted by the time variation.

Really there is nothing I can do for the process or get status of the process rather than keep calling them?

Unfortunately no, nothing to do but wait and call NVC. On a happier note, it looks like Montreal is picking up the pace a bit in terms of how soon they are doing interviews - one of the people who was scheduled for an interview this week - 71 days between completion at NVC and interview - hang in there.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Unfortunately no, nothing to do but wait and call NVC. On a happier note, it looks like Montreal is picking up the pace a bit in terms of how soon they are doing interviews - one of the people who was scheduled for an interview this week - 71 days between completion at NVC and interview - hang in there.

Thank you Trailmix. That's a comfort. Hopefully everyone wait at Montreal would be picked up interview at this speed. In that case, I would hope a brighter perspective for me to wait, maybe another half year.....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My case went through the processing... first they told us it was complete and than told us about the processing... but it took only 10 days... maybe I've been lucky... try to talk with an operator again as trailmix suggested that's all you can do

good luck

Married Jan 2007

I-130

03/21/2007 sent to NSC - 06/18/2007 NOA2 - 89 days

NVC stage

07/24/2007 e-mailed DS-3032 choice of agent

01/04/2008 Approved - visa in my hand! 289 days

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

1/06/2010 Removal of conditions approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.