Paul & Ilona

Chicago Lockbox: RETURN TO SENDER?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Just because it hasn't been mentioned/asked it could be returned if you sent Return Receipt (as the guide suggests) as you cannot send return receipt to a P.O. Box. I am not sure if the original poster sent with Return Receipt or not but it could be a possible reason for the "Address Vacant" notice. I just sent our I-130 off today (12/24/2007) via Express Mail with delivery confirmation (from the Post Office's side, no addressee signature required) so I am really hoping it gets through. Wish us luck! :)

By the way I opted to just leave off the +4 on the zip, just in case.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Good luck with that. Please do tell what happens. We're STILL waiting for our package to be returned to us from the aforementioned lockbox fiasco. Been two weeks....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline
Just because it hasn't been mentioned/asked it could be returned if you sent Return Receipt (as the guide suggests) as you cannot send return receipt to a P.O. Box. I am not sure if the original poster sent with Return Receipt or not but it could be a possible reason for the "Address Vacant" notice. I just sent our I-130 off today (12/24/2007) via Express Mail with delivery confirmation (from the Post Office's side, no addressee signature required) so I am really hoping it gets through. Wish us luck! :)

By the way I opted to just leave off the +4 on the zip, just in case.

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

The USPS can deliver it overnight with a return receipt, even to a PO Box. The commercial carriers such as UPS, FedEx, etc, require a street address.

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
The USPS can deliver it overnight with a return receipt, even to a PO Box. The commercial carriers such as UPS, FedEx, etc, require a street address.

As far as I am aware a return receipt requires the addressee to sign for the delivery. Are you sure you aren't talking about a "delivery confirmation"? They are two different things as far as I know.

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

Timeline

I checked the tracking on our I-130 packet last night and it was delivered with the following info on the USPS site:

Label/Receipt Number: EM00 000 000U S

Your item was delivered at 7:18 AM on December 26, 2007 in CHICAGO, IL 60680 to MIXED INS . The item was signed for by R MERCADO.

And the aditional info:

Label/Receipt Number: EM00 0000 000U S

Detailed Results:

Delivered, December 26, 2007, 7:18 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, December 25, 2007, 2:36 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

Arrival at Unit, December 25, 2007, 2:32 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60699

Processed, December 25, 2007, 10:17 am, CHICAGO, IL 60666

Processed, December 25, 2007, 1:48 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55111

Processed, December 24, 2007, 7:49 pm, Sometown, WI 00000

Acceptance, December 24, 2007, 11:30 am, Sometown, WI 00000

I sent to the address listed on the USCIS site specified for Wisconsin, but I did leave off the +4 on the zip code.

I hope this will be good news to others who have sent without the +4 on the zip. :)

Now I just have to wait for them to get around to sending my NOA1.

Edited by Justin and Masako

- Justin and Masako

I checked the tracking on our I-130 packet last night and it was delivered with the following info on the USPS site:

Label/Receipt Number: EM00 000 000U S

Your item was delivered at 7:18 AM on December 26, 2007 in CHICAGO, IL 60680 to MIXED INS . The item was signed for by R MERCADO.

And the aditional info:

Label/Receipt Number: EM00 0000 000U S

Detailed Results:

Delivered, December 26, 2007, 7:18 am, CHICAGO, IL 60680

Arrival at Pick-Up-Point, December 25, 2007, 2:36 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

Arrival at Unit, December 25, 2007, 2:32 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60699

Processed, December 25, 2007, 10:17 am, CHICAGO, IL 60666

Processed, December 25, 2007, 1:48 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55111

Processed, December 24, 2007, 7:49 pm, Sometown, WI 00000

Acceptance, December 24, 2007, 11:30 am, Sometown, WI 00000

I sent to the address listed on the USCIS site specified for Wisconsin, but I did leave off the +4 on the zip code.

I hope this will be good news to others who have sent without the +4 on the zip. :)

Now I just have to wait for them to get around to sending my NOA1.

I'm glad to hear that leaving off the +4 zip is working. Just checked the USCIS site and they still haven't made any correction in the address. Too bad everyone applying doesn't know about VJ so they can get all the up to date info.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: Timeline

What does MIXED INS mean?

Also, if the package is being put into a post office box, how is someone signing for the delivery? Maybe I have no idea how post office boxes work. All I can imagine is a guy sitting in a chair beside the box waiting to sign his name whenever someone uses his PO box.

Still no sign of mine and Paul's stupid package being sent back to us after the "vacant address" fiasco first exploded (starting with us -- how lucky). We're cancelling out money order and just sending the friggen thing again. We shall defintely using express mail and get a TRACKING number and not just a stupid useless delivery confirmation number. I guess if you want something done right you have to cough up more money so they don't "lose" your mail.

Also, if the package is being put into a post office box, how is someone signing for the delivery? Maybe I have no idea how post office boxes work. All I can imagine is a guy sitting in a chair beside the box waiting to sign his name whenever someone uses his PO box.

Still no sign of mine and Paul's stupid package being sent back to us after the "vacant address" fiasco first exploded (starting with us -- how lucky). We're cancelling out money order and just sending the friggen thing again. We shall defintely using express mail and get a TRACKING number and not just a stupid useless delivery confirmation number. I guess if you want something done right you have to cough up more money so they don't "lose" your mail.

It could mean Immigration and Naturalization Service. I'm sure with the volume of mail they get, there are carts being filled, not mailed placed in an actual post office box The driver picking up the packages probably just signs for all of that day's mail at one time.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Paul and Ilona,

Sorry didnt mean to drop the coffee pot, but had a visual on that dude just sitting there playing poker and getting his stamp out when he got a good hand and stamping a few to say "YEP RECEIVED BY R> MERCADO.. Hate to catch him with a bad beat on the river.

Good luck on resending, probably best at this point, but again, its USCIS who knows, and you are dropping the last four digits yes??

Good Luck to you and yours on this wonderful crazy journey......Happy New Year..

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

Not sure about the MIXED INS but since I sent with delivery confirmation I believe the receiving post office signs for it. I could be wrong but that was the impression I got from my post office when I mailed it. Also for that volume of mail it wouldn't go to an actual PO Box on the wall or something, it just get put in bins and either picked up by the USCIS or delivered to the physical address by the post office.

Its too bad about your package being lost. :( I thought I read somewhere in the forums that another person got that "return to sender" when the USCIS actually had it and had started processing it. I know that probably just makes things more confusing, so sorry about that.

Good luck on whatever you decide to do! :)

- Justin and Masako

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.