gt1

Interview denied

19 posts in this topic

Hello, everyone!

I am a long time reader, first time poster here. Up to this point I found all the infor I needed in FAQs and forums, but it looks like we are in a bad position now. My fiancee was denied visa on her K1 interview in Almaty. The officer decided that she wants to marry for a GC. I am not sure what to do next, will appreciate any advice.

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You can start with posting the exact wording on "denial" document given to your fiancee. Some people are not given visa because of security checks, others were asked for addtl documentation which is not the same as final denial.

There are others who has more knowledge on this issue on this but only will able to give informed opinion if more info is available.

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
You can start with posting the exact wording on "denial" document given to your fiancee. Some people are not given visa because of security checks, others were asked for addtl documentation which is not the same as final denial.

There are others who has more knowledge on this issue on this but only will able to give informed opinion if more info is available.

May be you didn't have enough evidence to prove that you have a relationship ?? like photos together ,e-mails ..phone bills?? tell us more so we can advice you what to do and to understand your situation more !!!

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Filed: Timeline

I agree! more information was it

221g < temp denial > or 212??????????

shon.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Yes I would be interested in the reason. We went through the Almaty Embassy and had no problems. Sorry to here of your denial.

October 14, 2005~~~~ Mailed I-129F (Vermont)

October 17, 2005~~~~ I-129F Arrives via USPS

October 20, 2005~~~~ Check Cashed

October 26, 2005~~~~ Received NOA1 via mail :):)

October 26, 2005~~~~ Signed up for emails with uscis.gov

November 03, 2005~~~~ Received email NOA2 Approval :)

November 09, 2005~~~~ Received NOA2 in mail :)

November 10, 2005~~~~ Case mailed to Embassy!!

November 12, 2005~~~~ Received letter case has been sent.

November-December13, 2005~~~~ No Packet 3???????

December 14, 2005 ~~~~Email Embassy

December 15, 2005 ~~~~Packet 3 via email???? To me!!! ????

January 31, 2006 ~~~~ Interview

****Had to reschudule Interview, Passport problems :( Oksana needs a new one, her government makes her wait and moves SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW :(

****February-March Still awaiting Passport

March 3, 2006 ~~~~ Medical

March 7, 2006 ~~~~ Interview And PASSED!!! :):) (They will issue visa when new passport arrives)

March 8, 2006 ~~~~ Awaiting and Awaiting New Passport :(:(

April 8, 2006~~~~ Passport Issued :):)

April 12, 2006~~~~ Visa inside New Passport :):)

April 15, 2006~~~~ Notice WRONG PASSPORT NUMBER ON VISA, Must go back to Embassy again to correct their MISTAKE

May 2, 2006~~~~ Visa corrected

May 10, 2006~~~~ Fly to Bishkek

May 14, 2006~~~~ We fly together for the US

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Indeed. You need to supply all necessary info for us to understand what happened and why, so we can be able to provide an insight to the situation.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Hello, everyone!

I am a long time reader, first time poster here. Up to this point I found all the infor I needed in FAQs and forums, but it looks like we are in a bad position now. My fiancee was denied visa on her K1 interview in Almaty. The officer decided that she wants to marry for a GC. I am not sure what to do next, will appreciate any advice.

I'm realy sorry for you I'm sure it's not easy to have to start again :(:angry::wacko:

Sorry to hear of your situation. Post more information and someone will probably be able to offer some help. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your denial. What type of denial did she get and if you could give more information someone may be able to guide you with some advice. Take care.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Thanks to everyone for responces, and special thanks for the warm words.

I don't know all the details yet- we only talked once, and it was very emotional, as you might imagine. I suspect that the way we met is a little different, and it got the consulate suspicious. We were introduced to each other by a mutual friend, who told me that she knew a nice girl, who was going to come to US on a tourist visa soon. So we communicated by phone and e-mail for few months. We were together in US until her visa expired, so she went home, and I started working on the K1. I guess that to the officer it looked like she came to States to hunt for a GC. One moment that played against us was that my fiancee didn't know the exact date of my previous divorse. It happened while she was with me, and she knew the court date. But the certificate itself was issued about two weeks later, which made it next month, and she never noticed it. So she named a wrong month.

I think that we had enough supporting documents- several photogrphs together and with my family, about 20 pages of e-mail printouts, credit card statement, which shows purchase of plane tickets with our names for a Florida trip we went to.

This is all I know for now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear about your denial... I hope that you find the solution to it..

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

I found out that on the denial form the officer marked "other" checkbox for the reason for denial and wrote no comments.

first of all, all is not lost..it is not a denial but a motion to return to the usa for possible review of the application...i went through this with sanita..she got 221g for not knowing enough about my past...i emailed them why (cultural/religious) and contacted the director, jeffrey by phone..need to call them and e-mail the consulate allot...also, tell them you come there and meet with them...

almaty can be reasoned with..i be through this and be glad to offer my assistance..pm me./.deam

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

almaty2004, thanks for the reply, your experience seems to be close to mine, except that 221g wasn't a denial code in my case, but it was "other", implications of which I don't know. Looking at your timeline, it looks like consulate changed their decision in just one week. Didn't they sent the documents back to US? Did you writeto their general address ConsularAlmaty@state.gov or you contacted someone specific?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry you are having these problems.

The way you met is not very unusual. I don't think that is the problem.

It does not seem fair for them to write " other " with no comments. It makes it difficult to answer their opinion.

I still don't understand exactly what has happened in your case but it looks like Almaty 2004 has some experience.

E mails are really cool and easy but it sounds like you really need to be on the telephone. I don't think that the CO should be allowed to use " other " without any comments.

Act quickly. It would be better to stop the application befoe it gets returned.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.