Enlighten one :)

USCIS Appointment

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello, I need some advise.

I have been have trouble with my lawyer. I have requested several times for the date he mailed our affidavit of support bill to the NVC and the tracking number. They will not respond to my request, because they either do not know (assistant quit, new assistant who knows nothing about immigration law) or they have not sent it out yet. I received my I130 Approval extremely early, I have recently come to discover. His old assistant stated that my approval time was about right. (obviously she did not know what she was talking about) On November 15th the law office requested our payment for the NVC bill. I called the NVC using my I130 receipt number to get out NVC case #. The automated system states that there is not a case number for that receipt number.

The USCIS website still only shows my I130 as received and that is it. When I called the help desk, he said there was nothing he could do for me and to make an appointment at my local USCIS office. My appointment is today at 12:30. After tearing apart my house, I can not located my I130 approval. AAAHAHHHHHHH

The question is: Should I still go to the USCIS appointment even though I can not locate my approval letter?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello, I need some advise.

I have been have trouble with my lawyer. I have requested several times for the date he mailed our affidavit of support bill to the NVC and the tracking number. They will not respond to my request, because they either do not know (assistant quit, new assistant who knows nothing about immigration law) or they have not sent it out yet. I received my I130 Approval extremely early, I have recently come to discover. His old assistant stated that my approval time was about right. (obviously she did not know what she was talking about) On November 15th the law office requested our payment for the NVC bill. I called the NVC using my I130 receipt number to get out NVC case #. The automated system states that there is not a case number for that receipt number.

The USCIS website still only shows my I130 as received and that is it. When I called the help desk, he said there was nothing he could do for me and to make an appointment at my local USCIS office. My appointment is today at 12:30. After tearing apart my house, I can not located my I130 approval. AAAHAHHHHHHH

The question is: Should I still go to the USCIS appointment even though I can not locate my approval letter?

Yes go. I'm assuming you made an InfoPass appointment. Just go, explain everything to them. They'll try to help you. Just because their website doesn't have the update it doesnt mean they don't have internal access to your information. You have your I-130 Receipt number right ( you said you used it to get your NVC case number). Just go.. find out everything you can and let us know what happens. I'll be praying for you all afternoon!

See, what did I tell ya? You're so much better than those lawyers!

Timeline

OH yes, I want my paper work back. Did you read that he didnt send out my 129f until September? I was getting excited because July filers are receiving there 129f approvals. I compared my 129f receipt date to others to realize that they did not send the petition out until September.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline
OH yes, I want my paper work back. Did you read that he didnt send out my 129f until September? I was getting excited because July filers are receiving there 129f approvals. I compared my 129f receipt date to others to realize that they did not send the petition out until September.

Mrs Jibowu,

I care more about your visa journey than the lawyer does. They are busy and there are no deadlines on when to apply for these things. I work for lawyers (God help me) and the ONLY thing that gets them to act is a court order enforcing a deadline. Your case is not on his mind. Get your papers back, fire his ### and move on. But first find out what the heck is going on. If you paid NVC fees then you should have an NVC case number or is your lawyer taking your money anticipating a future bill. Also, if you do fire the lawyer, contact the NVC and let them know your husband will be changing his choice of agent to YOU. Find out what you need to and let us know what's going on. We'll help you through this step by step.

xoxo

Unfortunately, it all but a few cases, it seems we, as a community, do a much better job than immigration lawyers. Even though I didn't join this forum until well into the visa process, I did access other forums constantly for information. It has helped us immensly in being prepared for each step and having all the proper paperwork.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You definitely need to go to your Infopass appointment to find out what is going on. They will find your petition with the receipt number and will be able to tell you if it was approved and if it was sent to the NVC or not. I just find it odd that your husband had to sign a DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) form and the lawyer didn't even give you a case number then. Then he asks for money to cover the AOS fee bill and still no NVC case. Something doesn't add up.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

I hate to assume, but I had sent him an email around that time asking a question. Then I recieved the bill. I think he sent it to keep me appeased for the moment. He probably didn't know How much I have learned since I have been here. He told me that after they recieve the payment he would send us the forms, which are completed online (like doing taxes) When I spoke to him regarding the rumors that K3's are bieng closed if the I130 is approved (which he confirmed, but does he know what the hell he is talking about). I asked him when he was gonig to be sending the forms? He sent them to me that night. The NVC did not request them. He just sent them to make me think I was one step closer. Here is my email I sent to them:

When the NVC sends a bill regarding a case they attached a case number to the petition. What was the case number on the NVC bill? What date did you mail out our Money order to pay the bill? What is the tracking number?

I would appreciate a prompt response.

Does anyone really know what is going on with our case?

When you said we are still going the K3 route I was excited because July filers are getting approved now. I did not realise that their reciept date for the K3 was in the same month they received a reciept number fo their I30. Why are you generating affidavit of support forms when the NVC did not request them?

I guess I am at your mercy. I feel violated & trapped. When we paid to feel supported, expedited service, secure in the process, and informed.

Why was the K3 mailed out 2 months late? We paid for K3 support. If we go the CR1 route we will not need the working paper and adjustment of status. My husband will come in with a temp green card in hand.

Now mind you I sent it to his father (lawyer) his wife (assistant, reception), him, and his new assistant yesterday. Nobody has gottem back to me.

AFter I go to the UScis, I am going to request he send me all my documantation. I will fire him.

basically.

Thanks all, wish me luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

To tell you in short.. its time you take things in your hand, and work doubly hard for the time which has been wasted by your stupid lawyer. VJ friends r here to help u in ur queries and filling out forms and all paperwork

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Timeline
hi,

To tell you in short.. its time you take things in your hand, and work doubly hard for the time which has been wasted by your stupid lawyer. VJ friends r here to help u in ur queries and filling out forms and all paperwork

Jigi

Thank you Jigi. I was telling my brother in-law yesterday that I embarrased that I am using a lawyer. since these people have the process down to a science.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
hi,

Jigi

Thank you Jigi. I was telling my brother in-law yesterday that I embarrased that I am using a lawyer. since these people have the process down to a science.

Good luck to you MrsJ also I wouldn't be embarrased with using a lawyer (we didn't and I'm not one, just for the record).

I'm sure there are a lot of good immigration lawyers out there (yours, unfortunately, is not one of them) however we don't hear about them here on VJ as if your lawyer was doing everything right you wouldn't be looking for info here :)

Please let us know how your infopass goes

Timeline

My lawyer had the wrong reciept number for our case. The NVC sent out a request for payment October 15th or law office did not tell us until November 15th.

We overnighted the check to law office. NVC still does not have our check.

Well Mercy I almost know how frustrated your felt a few weeks back. You have been waiting much longer then me so I do not feel so let down.

I have requested my paperwork from the lawyer. Here is my letter to him:

Good afternoon,

I have just took an hour of work to visit with the

USCIS here in Portland to get some information

regarding my case.

1. The NVC sent you request for payment October 15th,

2. Counting snail mail time it took your office 20

days to contact us for payment. We paid the expense

to overnight you are payment.

To my dismay The NVC has yet to receive it.

I am so heart broker for my husband. We put our trust

in your staff. We paid you to put our trust in in

you.

Where is our check? I need to know if they need

another check. Do we need to cancel the one we

overnighted to your office?

How dare you be so careless with my husband's lively

hood. This is about two more months we have to

maintane two households. I thought you

were compassionate and understood the process.

Can you please send me our files and turn this over to

me. I cant wait 20 days - 2 months for someone to

take action on our case.

My lawyer had the wrong reciept number for our case. The NVC sent out a request for payment October 15th or law office did not tell us until November 15th.

Well Mercy I almost know how frustrated your felt a few weeks back. You have been waiting much longer then me so I do not feel so let down.

Good afternoon,

regarding my case.

you.

take action on our case.

Good Luck Hun-

Lets us know how it goes as these experiences help others, and as always I hope that it helps you to end this situation.

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

Good afternoon,

regarding my case.

you.

take action on our case.

Good Luck Hun-

Lets us know how it goes as these experiences help others, and as always I hope that it helps you to end this situation.

Susie

wow Mrs. i'm proud of and impressed by you. Good job!

You are no longer a K3 applicant but that doesn't mean your I-129F has been terminated as mine has. You may be in the running for both the K3 and the CR1. Just do yourself a favor and keep the CR1 going until that K3 is at the embassy. If you need any help with what's going on now, feel free to ask any of us. I'm just getting my claws into the CR1 process so it's all fresh in my mind.

This situation will have fruits also. Someone may read this and decide against getting a lawyer.. or benefit in some other way. It seems we all get some glitch in our process, lets hope this is yours and everything else is smooth sailing!

Timeline

Thank you mercy for your support and encouragement. Ijust discoverd that it is a trend that if the I129 is there when the I130 is approved the approve theI120 at the same time. My husband would be home right now. :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.