MaRoul

Sent in 1-129F now what?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I recently sent in the I-129F petition for my fiance. I know that we have awhile to wait before we get a response, but I want to have things ready when we do get our NOA2. What paperwork should I be getting ready? Any advice?

Maria

10/16/07 Sent off our I-129F petition

10/18/07 Delivery confirmation from CSC

10/26/07 Check was processed and I got our case number! NOA1 is supposedly in the mail.

11/09/07 Touched for the very first time!! Exciting!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not much to do but wait for fiancee to receive forms from embassy, at that time prepare an I-134 and attach copies of financial evidence to it.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

Keep good records of ongoing relationship like emails, log of emails, chat logs, phone bills etc.. they may be needed at the visa interview.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Thanks for the quick response. Now a couple of more questions.

What kinds of forms does the Embassy usually send? Does this vary by embassy or is it general?

Also, with the I-134... Do I have to include recent pay stubs? I only get paid once every 6 months or so. Does this affect anything? Also, because of the nature of my work (I would with a USA NGO but I do most of my work outside the USA and haven't filed a W-4 or anything, because I make so little) I don't have a whole lot of financial paper work. Does this cause a problem?

Maria

10/26/07 Check was processed and I got our case number! NOA1 is supposedly in the mail.

Do you make over 125% of the poverty line? You'll need to be able to meet this or get a co-sponsor.

Check on the I-134 for what financial documents they want.

Edited by msu17

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline

I definently DO NOT make 125% above the poverty line. I am planning on using my father as a co-sponser. Does that mean that I won't need as much paper work and he will need the majority? Will he also need to file an I-134? How do I show that I have a co-sponser? In a cover letter? Or will it be obvious once I download that I-134?

Thank you so much for all the help!

Maria

Timeline

Also.... what should I be expecting from the Embassy? Do I need to have documents ready? (Fiance's birth certificate etc.)?

Thanks again. The VJ community has helped me SO much in the short time that I have been in this process.

Maria

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
I recently sent in the I-129F petition for my fiance. I know that we have awhile to wait before we get a response, but I want to have things ready when we do get our NOA2. What paperwork should I be getting ready? Any advice?

Maria

Pray. I am serious because the time waiting for your NOA2 will feel like forever. Find ways to stay connected with your loved one and focus on your commitment to them no matter how long it takes. They need to know you love them every day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

What is the poverty line for Oklahoma? or USA itself?

For like me and my fiancee, I'm the only bring income to the table because she will be gradually increasing her English with a tutor school probably. At the moment, I make above $25,000 yearly with 3-5% increase every year (I work for a technology center). Will that be sufficient?

Thanks,

Tanffy

December Filer

K-1

12/12/07 - Sent I-129F packet out (express mail baby)

12/13/07 - VSC received packet I-129F (Now I'm waiting for my check to cash)

12/14/07 - VSC Check cashed

12/14/07 - NOA1

12/18/07 - Touched

02/17/08 - Touched OMG I got touched

04/02/08 - WOOT NOA2 ^^

04/03/08 - Touched

Can't recall everything that went on but...

About 07/11/08 - My wife first step on USA

We're at the process where we will have an interview for my wife 10 year visa. My wife already have her 2 years condition green card and her Social Security #.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
What is the poverty line for Oklahoma? or USA itself?

For like me and my fiancee, I'm the only bring income to the table because she will be gradually increasing her English with a tutor school probably. At the moment, I make above $25,000 yearly with 3-5% increase every year (I work for a technology center). Will that be sufficient?

Thanks,

Tanffy

Depends on how many dependants the sponser has. it all the guides, or go to the DOS website

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1327.html

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Join the "wait" team. Take a look at the Immigrations Timelines at the top of the page, you can get some stats for your service center and embassy there. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.