5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

my boy friend and i have decided that we will file for k1 visa.he is ameraican and i m indian and have known each other for 7 years.

Can someone please let me know step by step guide or may be provide a link of how we should proceed.

also,if we start in september when can i join him in amercia

thanks

Filed: Timeline

logitech,

The VJ Guides and Visa FAQ are a good starting point.

Yodrak

my boy friend and i have decided that we will file for k1 visa.he is ameraican and i m indian and have known each other for 7 years.

Can someone please let me know step by step guide or may be provide a link of how we should proceed.

thanks

Here you go:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1tips

A flowchart of how your case will prgress once you file for the K1 is at this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Once you apply for the K1, don't forget to fill out your timeline, here...under Timeline Functions --->Edit/Add my Entry.

Good luck!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

thanks

Others have posted the links to the guides and tips , etc. to use. As for when you can expect to join him here, there is no definite way of knowing. You can start by clicking on the "immigration timelines" link at the top of the page. Then choose K1s and filter down to your CS, and go from there. This will give you an idea of how long it might take based on data entered in the timelines of other VJ members. Different consulates take varying amounts of time to schedule interviews, so you'll want to filter for country too.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

The best thing you can do for yourself is plan for a long wait and have it be shorter, rather than hoping for a short wait and finding some delays. Many can tell you that even within the same consulates the waits can vary from case to case. Ours was exactly 6 months start to finish. I saw a few cases filed through our consulate where the FBI name check alone was 5 months and others were just a few weeks. Stay in touch with each other and continue to get to know each other so you will be well prepared for the interview. Sounds like you have a long history so that shouldn't be an issue anyways. Good luck.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.