klea

K-1 Interview in Skopje Consulate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I had my interview today and everything went well. Still, I have no approval!

It was scheduled at 8am, I was there around 7:20 and had around 15 people ahead of me standing in the waiting line. The security lady went out and started calling our names at 7:50 from her list and told us to stand in front of the front door in pair of two people as our names were called. I was called first (my initials are AA maybe because of that, maybe because of the visa type, I don’t know exactly).

Than she told us to enter as ”couples”, my pair was an older man who was concerned a little bit about his wife who had to stand behind us, but the security lady told him that she will be in in a moment. She was very nice to the crowd. Usual security checks – no cell phones, empty our pockets etc, etc...I had my purse at my mum’s who was waiting for me in a nearby cafe, just my papers with me.

Once inside the other security told us to enter the right door and we will be told what to do. We entered and asked to show our passports and proofs of payment. Than a CO (or maybe not) was checking our documents if they were in the exact order. He asked for all originals and assembled them to the certified translations and briefly reviewed if everything was filled in them. He said, ok, you have everything in order, pls sit there and you’ll be called for your interview in a minute.

My name was called shortly after at window No.2, this young CO was very pleasant to me (he spoke my native language). Once again – my documents was carefully examined for like 15 minutes with sporadicall questions that seemed more like comments to me. So, you have never been to the States, right? No, sir. What’s the name of your fiance. When did You meet? Where does he live? He entered into the computer something all the time, put red stamps on my documents and smiled – I could see that he’s putting my documents in the pink sleep.

He opened my medical, the I-134, my own savings and tax returns and I also gave explanation which he didn’t really asked on what I’ve included in my visa application. Than he asked: do you have any proof of your relationship with your fiance. Of, course, here you are and I passed him over the window a bunch of e-mails, screenshots, pictures of us together and of our video chats, half of the I-129 petition with our statements that we want to get married and intend to do so in 90 days upon my arrival....he smiled very sincerely when he saw a Bridal Magazine that my fiancé had subscription for ?!? (I adore my baby :D ) He also looked at my wedding dress receipt paid by my fiance’s mother and our purchased cards for Manu Chao and Thievery Corporation in June :lol: as well as the hotel reservation for the event. Also I pointed to a document with my name on it in which my fiance authorizes me as a second cardholder for a of a huge supermarket (BJ’s I think).

Very nice, he said, sit for a while, the Consul will be here soon, he will take your fingerprints and sworn statement and your visa can be ready later this afternoon, if approved. It was around 8:30.

I waited ‘till 11:30 ?!?

Everybody’s name was called (I could hear the consul voice from the window) but not mine. The waiting was killing me and I suddenly got scared. Three more people in the room including me....and than my name was called at window No 1.

The consul or vice-consul was very young man with glasses looking very relaxed and friendly looking. He started in my language and then asked me if I’m comfortable with my English. Of course. The whole conversation was very spontaneous and I never felt like I was interviewed. Once again, very similar questions as he was looking into the screen and entering some stuff from my documents: how did you meet, did you sit on the same table at your friend’s wedding when you first met your fiancé? I explained. What are your plans? When are you planning to go? I said that our general plan is to wait for my sister and British brother in law to come from the UK and have sort of family reunion and than to travel on May 18 (no plane ticket, of course).

And than he said that he has no doubts that our relationship is real and no suspicion that we have serious wedding plans BUT that I don’t have my Police clearance !!!!

STUPID ME, STUPID ME I only had court certificate !!! :angry:

He was extremely patient and nice to me and explained that he has a procedure to follow, and that the States need both certificates – police and court in order to issue the visa. Still, you know, this is an immigrant visa and you need to have them both, he said, and than the whole thing will be much clearer, he assured me and sounded like he was very sorry in a way saying that once I provide my police certificate it will be fine....

He than gave me a peace of paper with marked section of 221(g) in which he wrote: Police clearance needed with his signature on and also gave me a business card with "consularskopje" email that I have to write to, when I have the document in my possession and told me that I’ll be additionally invited at the embassy and asked to present the original and the certified copy.

Than he gently smiled and said that hopefully our wedding plans won’t be ruined because of this but that it only depended on how quick my officials will issue my police certificate.

....that was about it...all in all, I’m satisfied with the treatment at the Skopje consulate and didn’t worried a bit (ok, yes, I’m lying) because I haven’t been arrested in my life or haven’t had any kind of police problems, or even a traffic ticket or any other of minor offence.

I had no clue that the police in my country issues this clearance and I went to the Ministry of Interior after my interview. I GOT IT IMMEDIATELY AFTER I FILLED due to extreme emergency :)

So today I’m taking the document for translation and I’m going to write an e-mail for my readiness to show this document when they schedule new appointment for me.

I hope and pray that my visa will be approved....I really do.

And I will never give up!

p.s. My worries are for my family who panicked, my sister who wasn’t with me felt completely frustrated about it, my fiancé’s family that didn’t know what to say or how or react about this problem but most of all – for my poor baby who got herpes on his mouth this week out of worries for me and who had his "stres sindrome" (indecribable ear pain) shown once again during this period :(

He dropped his phone when I told him I wasn’t approved today...

I feel like I betrayed them all...love you honey! (L)

I'll be with you very soon!!!

February 27 - Petition sent via USPS

March 2 - NOA1 mailed, 5th - Check cashed, Hard copy rec.d - 8th

March 6, 7, 9, 11 - touched

March 13 - NOA2, Hard copy rec.d - 17th

March 19 - NVC sends Case No. SKOxxxxx

March 22 - Case received by the Consulate

April 2 - packet 3/4 issued to the applicant

April 25 - Medical exam - passed, Td shot the same day, second Td shot - May 28

May 3 - INTERVIEW DATE 8am - 221(g) Police clearance needed, got it the same day!

June 5 - New appointment scheduled at 10am - APPROVED!

June 7 - visa in hand

June 8 - POE JFK (temporary EAD stamped)

August 1 - Marriage...what a happy day :)

August 2 - Applied for SSN in my new married name, August 9 - SSN in the mail

August 7 - Tuberculin skin test done - cost 30$, results positive (15mm)...grrr..

August 9 - Rcv'd MMR and Varicella AGAIN!...cost 70+95$ respectively

August 28 - fee X-ray DONE - results normal

September 12 - results sent to Austin TX, 19th results are back

October 1 - Package delivered at 3:59 in Chicago lockbox!!!

October 5 - NOA for AOS, EAD

November 8 - Biometrics

November 26 - EAD Card production ordered, December 3 - approved

November 28, 29, December 4 - EAD touch, EAD card rcvd. 7th

December 14 - AOS case tranfered to CSC

December 17, 27, 28, January 24, 2008 - Case pending at the new office

February 6, 2008 - Card production ordered, Welcome notice sent!!!

February 7, 11, 12 - AOS touch

February 9 - Approval notice sent :)

February 13 - Green Card in the mail

Glad you got the police certificate ASAP. I'm just wondering why you have to get it translated as I did not have to translate mine (the instructions said to bring the police certificate in the local language - no translation necessary).

Anyways, congratulations as you will be receiving your visa soon.

Sretno!

M

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Congratulations.... you will be soon to your fiance :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats!!!

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Thank you for giving me a brief understanding of how it works! That's fanatastic! My fiance is from Kosovo so we have to go to the Macedonian embassey for the interview. Thanks!

K-1Visa

April 07, 2007 NOA1

September 13, 2007 Visa issued

March 13 2008: "Welcome to America" approval of AOS letter

March 21 2008: Green Card Arrived

January 21, 2009: Apply for mother and father in law's visitor visa

January 22, 2009: Visa Issued

November 2010 Brother in-law applied for diversity visa

January 19, 2011 Applied for Citizenship

April 14, 2011 Citizenship Interview-Passed

June 3, 2011 Citizenship Certificate Received

I wonder how things going with you.....I hope you got the visa and now you are with the love one j :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.