Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Vermont NOA1 month

earlier Feb. March Apr. May June July Aug. Total

July NOA2 0 0 1 8 22 14 45

Aug. NOA2 1 0 7 7 4 13 12 8 52

Open, active 3 5 2 8 7 12 37

California NOA1 month

earlier Feb. March Apr. May June July Aug.

July NOA2 4 0 19 20 21 13 0 0 77

Aug. NOA2 2 0 32 34 35 6 1 1 111

Open, active 1 34 31 31 51 68 58 274

"Active is defined as having updated one's timeline in July, August (or September).

Any tips on how to get tables or graphs to look decent? It looked fine when I wrote it, but this is a mess. I tried to post a chart, but cut & paste wouldn't work.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Timeline

I tried to do the charts as an attachment, but failed. Any tips?

Tom

Edited by TomYu

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Timeline

Let me put it a different way:

CSC

March NOA1's

July approval 19

Aug. 32

Waiting 34

April NOA1's

July approval 20

Aug. 34

Waiting 31

May NOA1's

July approval 21

Aug. 35

Waiting 31

June NOA1's

July approval 13

Aug. 6

waiting 51

Waiting includes those who have updated their timelines since July 1.

Total CSC approvals

July 77 (mostly second half of the month)

Aug. 111

IF they go in order (big IF), and IF they keep the same approval rate as Aug. (plausible?), then by the end of September we should see March, April and May done, and a decent start on June.

Total VSC approvals

July 45

Aug. 52

VSC waiting

March 3

Apr. 5

May 2

June 8

July 7

Aug. 12

Total 37

I have graphs and more detail. If anyone wants them, just send me an email or tell me how to post them here.

Tom

K1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

where's that info from?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

Hmmmm . . . TomyU, our NOA1 is March 30th and is currently parked at Cal. Are you saying in July the CSC granted NOA2s to 19 March dated apps, and in Aug managed another 32, leaving only 31 March dated apps to complete? Hence our app is one of only 31 left from March? Great if true, but that seems a little light for the CSC. Where did this data come from? Just like to check the stats before I start jumping up and down.

October 1, 2005 . . . . Evelyn and I met online

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

March 21, 2006 . . . . I-129F Packet Sent

March 30, 2006 . . . . NOA1 Received

May 25, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for Evelyn's June 1st Bday

June 1, 2006 . . . . Application transferred from Lincoln, NE to California

July 5, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Request Received

July 6, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Sent

July 13, 2006 . . . . IMBRA-RFE Information Received Ack from USCIS

September 11, 2006 . . . . Email from USCIS - CASE APPROVED !!!!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

September 16, 2006 . . . . NOA2 Received !!!

October 16 . . . . NVC received packet

October 17 . . . NVC forwards packet to Manila

October 23 . . . Manila receives Visa packet

Timeline
Hmmmm . . . TomyU, our NOA1 is March 30th and is currently parked at Cal. Are you saying in July the CSC granted NOA2s to 19 March dated apps, and in Aug managed another 32, leaving only 31 March dated apps to complete? Hence our app is one of only 31 left from March? Great if true, but that seems a little light for the CSC. Where did this data come from? Just like to check the stats before I start jumping up and down.

I downloaded all the VJ data into Excel, and did some sorts. I filtered out those who have not updated since June 30. Thus I found that CSC approved 19 March's in July and 32 in August. As of 8/31 there were 34 active March's that were not approved. On 9/1 there were 4 approved, leaving 30 active March waiting approval in CSC. In addition, CSC approved 111 in August. Thus they should easily clear most of the remaining March (30), April (31) and May (31-1 on 9/1) if they keep up the same pace.

If they kept up exactly the same pace and went exactly in order, then in Sept. they would clear:

March 34

April 31

May 31

June 15.

Then in October they would clear:

June 36 (finishing June)

July 68 (finishing July)

Aug. 7.

Tom

I got all the data from VJ. I went to Immigration Timelines, K1 detailed data, downloaded it into Excel, and did some sorts and counts. Please let me know if you want more information. I have my Excel summary sheet with charts, and the detailed Excel raw data. I'll gladly post it if someone tells me how, or distribute it by email if someone wants.

Tom

K1

Timeline

K . . . that explains it. The numbers don't reflect actual numbers at the CSC, only the VJ numbers. I thought being one of only 31 was a bit optimistic. But, still, this is valid if the proportionality holds. Thanks Tom for compiling this.

March 8, 2006 . . . . Traveled to Phils for first face-2-face . . . Oh, my god! . . . Wow!!!

September 15, 2006 . . . . Third trip to Phils . . . dragged kicking and screaming to my flight home

Timeline
K . . . that explains it. The numbers don't reflect actual numbers at the CSC, only the VJ numbers. I thought being one of only 31 was a bit optimistic. But, still, this is valid if the proportionality holds. Thanks Tom for compiling this.

You are very welcome. I will be updating this weekly. Of course, some of the approvals may be "dormant" folks who have not updated their timelines, so things may not be quite as fast as the statistics indicate.

I think I read in another thread that 32,000 K1's entered the US in 2005. We have about 1000 VJ listed with 2006 apps, so will probably be about 1500 by the end of the year. That's only a 5% sample. But when you think about national opinion polls, they only poll 1000 people to represent the entire voting population. Thus we may be a reasonable sample. In some ways, I suspect we're a biased sample. We are probably the ones who are more computer savy, more detail oriented, and thus may be more careful in creating our files, and more rapid in returning RFE's. Thus we as a group may be somewhat faster than the other 90% - a very scary thought.

IF things proceed at the same pace, then we will be down to "only" an 80 day turn-around on CSC NOA2's by the end of October.

Tom

You are very welcome. I will be updating this weekly. Of course, some of the approvals may be "dormant" folks who have not updated their timelines, so things may not be quite as fast as the statistics indicate.

I think I read in another thread that 32,000 K1's entered the US in 2005. We have about 1000 VJ listed with 2006 apps, so will probably be about 1500 by the end of the year. That's only a 5% sample. But when you think about national opinion polls, they only poll 1000 people to represent the entire voting population. Thus we may be a reasonable sample. In some ways, I suspect we're a biased sample. We are probably the ones who are more computer savy, more detail oriented, and thus may be more careful in creating our files, and more rapid in returning RFE's. Thus we as a group may be somewhat faster than the other 90% - a very scary thought.

IF things proceed at the same pace, then we will be down to "only" an 80 day turn-around on CSC NOA2's by the end of October.

Tom

Edited by TomYu

K1

Timeline

This is an attempt to post the Excel data, using IE instead of my normal Firefox.

K1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow! thanks Tom :star: ! This is some really good work, and hopefull news for us March people. :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I downloaded all the VJ data into Excel, and did some sorts. I filtered out those who have not updated since June 30. Thus I found that CSC approved 19 March's in July and 32 in August. As of 8/31 there were 34 active March's that were not approved. On 9/1 there were 4 approved, leaving 30 active March waiting approval in CSC. In addition, CSC approved 111 in August. Thus they should easily clear most of the remaining March (30), April (31) and May (31-1 on 9/1) if they keep up the same pace.

If they kept up exactly the same pace and went exactly in order, then in Sept. they would clear:

March 34

April 31

May 31

June 15.

Then in October they would clear:

June 36 (finishing June)

July 68 (finishing July)

Aug. 7.

Thanks Tom for doing this! :thumbs::yes: It helps a lot! I'm one of the June filers who got pidgeon holed and never received an IMBRA RFE. So statistically speaking, I should get my NOA2 by the end of October, barring any problems. At least I can try to pace myself for that. Before, I was hoping and praying for an NOA2 by the end of August - but that came and went already. :star:

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Timeline

Sept_1_data.doc

This is another attempt/test. Hope it works this time.

Tom

K1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It worked for me . Thanks.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Sept_1_data.doc

This is another attempt/test. Hope it works this time.

Tom

Thank you Tom for the time and effort you have given to us. Have a good and safe weekend. :)

August-December 2004---------Together my baby.

June 2005-----------Together again.

November 2005-----Together again.

March 2006---------Together again.

July 2006------------Together again.

October-November 2006-------Together again.

April 28, 2006--------NOA1.

May 2006-------------IMBRA.

May 27, 2006--------Touched.

June 1, 2006---------Touched.

June 2, 2006---------Touched.

June 3, 2006---------Touched.

June 14, 2006-------Touched.

June 15, 2006-------Touched.

June 16, 2006-------Touched.

June 17, 2006-------Touched.

July 3, 2006---------Touched.

July 4, 2006---------Touched.

July 5, 2006---------Touched.

July 18, 2006--------Touched.

July 22, 2006--------Received IMBRA RFE.

July 24, 2006--------RFE returned Next Day Air to CSC.

July 25, 2006--------CSC receives RFE.

August 1, 2006------Touched 3 times.

August 1, 2006------Preliminary processing completed email.

August 2, 2006------Touched.

August 3, 2006------Touched.

August 7, 2006------Touched.

September 7, 2006---Touched.

September 7, 2006---Approved.

September 8, 2006---Touched.

September 11, 2006--Receive NOA2.

October 12, 2006-----Left NVC.

Timeline

Looks good. Nothing like a picture to drive the point home. Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.