martindart

Think you are ready? need somthing to do while waiting?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Tonga
Timeline

I work for the Public School System I developed a signature petition where all my co-workers, teachers, family, friends, Apartment Manager where I live and any other people in authority who knew of my INTENT to marry did personally signed my petition. I carried this petition everywhere I went, you do not know who you may bump into for a signature. I had over eighty signatures. The header of my petition stated;

We the undersigned Friends, Family and Co-workers of (petitioner full name) “Do” believe (petitioner full name) WILL marry (beneficiary full name) within ninety days upon the arrival of (petitioner first name only) Fiancée (beneficiary full name)

Had I submitted this original petition at the time of interview “I believe” I would not have to go through this long waiting period after her (my fiancée) interview. I used this evidence for the review of my petition, which was reviewed by Nebraska Service Center where they once again REAFFIRMED their decision to approve my petition.

I though of this idea after my fiancée interview with the consulate officer. The consulate officer has all the power to approve and to deny your petition. Like all of you new and not so new people filing for a K-129F I thought I did it all, crossed all “T’s” and dotted all “I’s” as described in the process and I was approved at every step of the process. Only to be hit with a denial at the last interview stage.

That denial at the time of interview was the biggest blow of all! Unlike waiting and waiting for NOA1, RFE, RFE2, NOA2 NVC then off to Consulate or Embassy for the final interview day believing/confident you will be approved. Remove any doubt of the consulate officer of your true INTENT to marry. I wish I had done this.

Being PRO-ACTIVE will help ease the waiting time. As you get new signatures, you will stay happy as your signature petition grows! Ten days before the interview day, send the original (make copies) before sending, to your fiancée via FedEx and have your fiancée present the ORIGINAL signature petition along with anything else you have to show a true and ongoing relationship exist.

Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi,

I just read your timeline. You both have been through so much - I cannot believe what they have put you through. If I could I would sign your petition based only on your timeline - you have been going through this process for so long and that's enough to prove it's legit! I hope you have a speedy end to all this.

Hearts,

amwo

Extraordinary situation there Martin.

Best wishes for a positive outcome. :thumbs:

I like your signature petition idea!!

Wow, that's a horrible timeline... I hope that gets worked out for you soon. Why is the word "do" in ""s? And did you include any personal information of the people signing it on there such as address, relationship to you, employment position, etc.?

Edited by aselano

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Timeline
Wow, that's a horrible timeline... I hope that gets worked out for you soon. Why is the word "do" in ""s? And did you include any personal information of the people signing it on there such as address, relationship to you, employment position, etc.?

Yeah, I going through the grinder. Yes, I did list, Position/Family or Friend.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm sorry for your troubles. My fiance is Vietnamese as well. Do you recall the questions they asked during the interview? I don't feel very concerned that we will be denied as we have dated for over 2 years and are having our first child. Nonetheless, any questions you can offer that I can forward to my fiance to help calm her nerves would be appreciated. :thumbs:

Thank you.

Timeline
I'm sorry for your troubles. My fiance is Vietnamese as well. Do you recall the questions they asked during the interview? I don't feel very concerned that we will be denied as we have dated for over 2 years and are having our first child. Nonetheless, any questions you can offer that I can forward to my fiance to help calm her nerves would be appreciated. :thumbs:

Thank you.

English is a plus, first they denied because limited English on her part "blue letter" that is why I send a Video of me speaking Vietnamese. I am not the best at it... Consulate Officer questions change at will. Do not be overly confident I thought the same. Just be prepared with brief, direct supporting documents because consulate officers in VN want clear and concise information "no fluff" There are other people here at VJ who have children and long-term relationship together. Married couples and are having troubles too.

Timeline
So, you don't remember any questions they asked you other than questions regarding your linguistic skills?

I was not there. Only my fiancee was and I didn't bother to ask...that was not on my mind then. Post a general question asking what kind of questions do the consulate officers ask during the interview? see what comes up.

Take Care

Goodness and I thought we were having it rough, Good on you, excellent idea and good wishes for a speedy end to such a horrendouse journey :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.