love russia

Recent Moscow Interview Questions for tourist visa??

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi everyone ..

I was looking for some advise for my up coming interview in the U.S embassy next week .

Can someone tell me what kind of Questions can be asked for a tourist visa ??

THANKS!!

See next topic , same forum . You have exactly the same topic name:)

Eva.

I-130 approved in 113 days

NVC Processing

07.11.06 Case number assigned

07.24.06 DS 3032/AOS Bill Generated

07.26.2006 DS 3032 via email

07.28.2006 AOS fee paid and overnighted

07.29.06 NVC confirmed getting choice of agent

07.31.2006 Recieved actual AOS/DS 3032 bill via regular mail

07.31.2006 IV Bill generated

08.05.2006 IV bill recieved

08.11.2006 IV Bill Paid sent by mail

08.26.2006 Finally got Affidavit papers by mail

08.28.2006 Sent Affidavit by mail

ticker.png

ticker.png

7.17.2006 Replied to IMBRA RFE 07.18.2006 Touched ( I guess they recieved RFE) 07.24.2006 Touched

7.26.2006 Touched again 7.28.06 Touched again (they keep sending it to the old address) This case is stuck!

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi everyone ..

I was looking for some advise for my up coming interview in the U.S embassy next week .

Can someone tell me what kind of Questions can be asked for a tourist visa ??

THANKS!!

See next topic , same forum . You have exactly the same topic name:)

Well, not exactly the same. I think the questions for a TOURIST visa will be different. Most likely it will be what kind of job do you have, how much money do you make, and then "sorry you do not qualify". Then they put a special stamp in the passport noting your rejection!

Unfortunately this happens more often than not :(

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Awww, come on Neon!!!

I don't know what they ask at the tourist interview, but Neonred is probably right about the line of questions. They're going to try to establish that you have a valid reason to return to Russia (i.e., Family, Job, Home/Property, etc.) and will only be coming to the US for tourism.

I've heard it is very hard for Russians to get tourist visas here (although not impossible, so don't give up!) but provided that you have a good job and own property or something of that nature, you should be OK.

Good luck!!!! And please, keep us posted!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Awww, come on Neon!!!

I don't know what they ask at the tourist interview, but Neonred is probably right about the line of questions. They're going to try to establish that you have a valid reason to return to Russia (i.e., Family, Job, Home/Property, etc.) and will only be coming to the US for tourism.

I've heard it is very hard for Russians to get tourist visas here (although not impossible, so don't give up!) but provided that you have a good job and own property or something of that nature, you should be OK.

I don’t know what to say … I don’t worry about the documents about the work and bank . I have everything just perfect , I have been to lots of country’s , I travel a lot…. but never been to U,S . so I am just looking for some advice about the interview . what can they ask ?? may be some of your friends in Russia gone thru the same thing …?????

I don't know of anyone who has had a simple tourist visa. Several have had student or work visas, even family visit type visas, but never tourist visas.

That said, I don't think it's impossible, so don't lose hope. It's just the common thought here and from what I've heard that young women (and men too) don't get granted tourist visas without having reasons to return home.

If you own a home, have a (good) job that you are going to return to, or have family (parents or children) then it is possible to get a visa.

Most of the denials that I have heard have been from young women without good jobs that own no property and have no reason to return to Russia. USCIS looks at this as "why would they return to Russia... if we give them a tourist visa... they'll just stay here."

But, anything is possible, and I don't mean to sound negative about your chances of getting one. I think you can really help your chances of getting one if you STRONGLY state that you WILL return to Russia because you have something to do when you return. Like "I must come back after my tourist stay because I am going to a very hard school program in my city" or "I must return to Russia because I am caring for my very sick grandmother, and my mother really needs my help" or even maybe "I have no desire to stay in the US, I just want to see it and visit, then come back to Russia because I love my country and want to return to my job, etc. I've been to several other countries and I just like to travel and see the world. America is the next country on my list!"

Hopefully this will help!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Awww, come on Neon!!!

I don’t know what to say … I don’t worry about the documents about the work and bank . I have everything just perfect , I have been to lots of country’s , I travel a lot…. but never been to U,S . so I am just looking for some advice about the interview . what can they ask ?? may be some of your friends in Russia gone thru the same thing …?????

One thing I have heard about tourist visa's for Russians to the USA is that having traveled before to other 'western' countries is a big bonus. They like to see that you obtained a visa and honored it etc.. That is the only information I have unfortunatly.

I wish you luck!!

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

Awww, come on Neon!!!

One thing I have heard about tourist visa's for Russians to the USA is that having traveled before to other 'western' countries is a big bonus. They like to see that you obtained a visa and honored it etc.. That is the only information I have unfortunatly.

I wish you luck!!

THANKS A LOT MAN )

I HAVE BEEN TO CANADA 2TIMES AND I STILL HAVE VALID VISA FOR IT .

ANYWAS LETS JUST WATE AND HOPE FOR THE BEST

Good luck!

That said I have read it is next to impossible for a Russian to receive a US Tourist visa.

I do believe Chuckles is right on though, having traveled to other "western" countries with visas showing you honored them would be a big bonus!

Also showing LOTS and LOTS of strong ties to Russia would benefit you GREATLY!

I was amazed how easy it was the other way, then again how many Americans (myself not included :whistle: ) want to immigrate to Russia?

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

Timeline
I do believe Chuckles is right on though, having traveled to other "western" countries with visas showing you honored them would be a big bonus!
Just wanted to add that a distant relative of mine was recently rejected for a tourist visa to visit my uncle's family which he had seen just 6 years ago and travelled on a valid US business visa. So even traveling and returning from the US makes no difference to them. And he actually makes a decent living in Russia, has children, property, and a wife. Apparently the CO he interviewed with thought he would abandon all that. Good luck for those who are trying.

Love Russia, I can help (sure if you know Russian) and give you the link on some russian forum where I posted my interview. I've got my B2 tourist visa last november in Moscow, in empty international passport. There are some tricks there to persuade counsil logically, step by step, cause you have just 3-5 minutes for that. So, let me know. Ciao! And good luck!

Mari

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline
Love Russia, I can help (sure if you know Russian) and give you the link on some russian forum where I posted my interview. I've got my B2 tourist visa last november in Moscow, in empty international passport. There are some tricks there to persuade counsil logically, step by step, cause you have just 3-5 minutes for that. So, let me know. Ciao! And good luck!

Mari

hi mari

i will be very thankful to u if u can give me the link ..

reg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Mari

hi mari

i will be very thankful to u if u can give me the link ..

reg

Wow

I would love to read that link - can you post it.

My Fiancee an Attorney in St Petersburg, owns her flat, been to Finland, Spain, France. Was denied in May :-(

K1 -visa V S C

05-19-06 : Sent (fedex)

05-30-06 : NOA1 Receipt (mail)

06-23-06 : RFE received (mail) imbra

06-27-06 : RFE Notice of Receipt imbra (email)

07-10-06 : Approved NOA2 (email)

07-12-06 : NOA2 postmarked

07-14-06 : NOA2 received in mail

07-12-06 : NVC received

07-19-06 : Sent to Moscow

07-20-06 : letter from NVC dated July 18 that they rec petition and would forward

07-25-06 : Moscow rec

07-26-06 : DOS tells me that Moscow has sent packet (does not happen in Moscow)

08-19-06 : Moscow sends interview letter

10-05-06 : Interview - CAKE WALK!

See ALL our NOTES

--------------------------------------------------

AOS

12/30/06 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed

01/04/07 - NOA - Receipts (01-08 in mail)

01/11/07 - Appointment letter for BioMeterics

01/19/07 - BioMetrics Appointment AOS/EAD touched

02/20/07 - Received letter for interview

04/24/07 - Interview / Approved / Passport Stamp

05/04/07 - Received Greencard

----------------------------------------------------------------

See ALL our NOTES

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update your timeline

Russian Meeting Place

Wow

I would love to read that link - can you post it.

My Fiancee an Attorney in St Petersburg, owns her flat, been to Finland, Spain, France. Was denied in May :-(

I've sent you and LoveRussia all you asked. I hope it'll help. :thumbs:

K-1 Visa Process

27th of Aug 2004 - got acquainted

24th of Dec 2005 - spent Xmas holidays together

4th of Feb 2006 - sent I-129F petition to Texas Service Center

14th of Feb - lost our personal letters, resent even more

28th of Feb - California Service Center received our case (received date of NOA1)

6th of March - NOA1 (notice date)

1st of May - NOA2 (first one)

26th of June - NOA2 (second one, no RFE!)

27th of June - *touched*

11th of July - *touched again*

12th of July - reply from NVC (don't have our case yet) :((

14th-21th of August -FINALLY made CSC sent out our case to NVC!!!

28st of August - letter from NVC confirming our case will be sent to Moscow Embassy within a week.

8th of September - Moscow Embassy replied they still don't have it :'(

1st of October - Yellow package has been sent

4th of October - Date of the interview: 7th of December

Rescheduled date of interview on EARLIER date (due to kid's school exams): 17th of October 2006!

17th of Ocotber - Stressful interview has successfully GONE!

20th of October - got passport with visas at the office DHL on Tverskaya st.

22th of October - WE'RE TOGETHER AT LAST! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!

ticker.png

ticker.png

Timeline

Mari

I would like that info too as we have friends that would like to come over and visit us later this year or next year.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.