TomandHongyan

ACH Session ?

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Can anyone tell me what some people are talking about -going to a ACH Session. Is it something I need to look into?

Hi Silverfox

You'll find lots of info on that over at Candle for Love but ACH is American Citizens Hour and ACS is American Citizen Services. You can go to either one.

The advantage at a difficult embassy like Guangzhou is that you get to speak to a VO and they will note your conversation in your wife/fiancee's file.

I'll tell you my personal experience. There was no ACH the week of my wife's (then fiancee) interview so I went to ACS for the purpose of having an Evolution of Relationship letter notarized for my wife to take with her in case she was asked. I handed it in at one window and was sent off to pay for the service then came back and waited a bit after handing in my receipt. I was called up to the window and had a very good talk with a VO. He brought up my wife's file on his computer and was kind enough to look through the letter. He noted some areas that they sometimes have questions about and I was able to give him further info relating to those questions while he typed into my wife's file. At the end he told me everything looked good.

Now some have been told everything looks good at Guangzhou only to get Blue at the interview, but being able to tell my wife he said that really calmed her down and made her more confident going into the interview. She had a very smooth interview and I can't tell you for sure that my conversation at ACS was directly responsible for that result, I don't think it hurt us. I suspect the entire letter was scanned into her file and I was able to provide specific answers to possible questions.

I would recommend you make an online appt if you go to ACS as it seemed to save some time over people who just showed up and took a number, which is the other option.

Let me know if you have other questions about that.

Joe

Edited by Wei&Shu(Joe)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can anyone tell me what some people are talking about -going to a ACH Session. Is it something I need to look into?

this is a consulate issue and not really general discussion regarding a K-1... these are best posted in the consulate or the regional forum when

moving to the regional forum

YMMV

Timeline

this is a consulate issue and not really general discussion regarding a K-1... these are best posted in the consulate or the regional forum when

take a break, i'll ask any question I feel I need help with.

Silverfox5859

Timeline

do whatever you want but all I ask is to pay attention and ask it in the right forum... otherwise I will move it...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Hi Silverfox

You'll find lots of info...

Lots of info here at VJ and in this forum. Here are a couple links:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=201441

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=197075

moving right along

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

do whatever you want but all I ask is to pay attention and ask it in the right forum... otherwise I will move it...

Its a chinese forum. Sorry but you or your better half dont look to be from china.

Are you looking to move questions within the forum you fit in, or just china?

Where else would the man ask? Lets see, wifes from China, there is a forum for

China within the website..Seems he would first ask in the Chinese Forum, not the

general population..ACH in China (IS) a general discussion regarding any K visa.

Thats all you will find out, general info..Seems you need to delete or (otherwise)

move the China forum..Your way out of line..

达我在家到中国

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Can anyone tell me what people are talking about going to a ACH Session?

Its a general #######-for-tat silver..Not a place for details about your case.

Mostly thats all. Kinda like a phone call to uscis in person. You can

push your case but might not get any results..Been there more than

once, our home is in GZ..Check out IKEA next door.

I gave up waiting in the building :blink:

Oh..Boss man from Ukraine is it??

When did anything Chinese become your concern :wacko:

Strange one you are

Edited by ididntdoit

达我在家到中国

Timeline

Its a chinese forum. Sorry but you or your better half dont look to be from china.

China within the website..Seems he would first ask in the Chinese Forum, not the

general population..ACH in China (IS) a general discussion regarding any K visa.

Thats all you will find out, general info..Seems you need to delete or (otherwise)

I moved this thread TO the CHINA forum FROM another forum... I moved it TO the China because it was better asked if he had posted it here IN THE FIRST PLACE...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey Buddy silerfox RELAX. Threads are moved where they think they will get the best exsposure. So do not have a cow. It was done with your benifit in mind.

PS Personel attacks are against TOS please refrain from posting in this manner. Organizers are here to help and do not need to take this when they are acting on the OP's behalf.

ididntdoit this post was orginally in the K-1 forum so before you jump to conclusions know what you are talking about.

Back to topic to the OP good luck. Candleforlove is also a great place to post questions

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

duplicate threads merged

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have just read over this thread and will add that personal insults are indeed a violation of TOS. Please treat other members of VJ with respect - there is never an excuse for insults or personal attacks.

As well, payxibka is an Organizer. An Organizer is a member of VJ given special responsibilities by Administration to do exactly what payxibka did - move a thread that had been posted in a forum that was not suited for getting the best answer to where it would get the best answer. This responsibility is one of the means by which we are able to keep VJ a helpful, supportive site. Instead of attacking him, you should be thanking him.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I moved this thread TO the CHINA forum FROM another forum... I moved it TO the China because it was better asked if he had posted it here IN THE FIRST PLACE...

sorry for asking a question that I felt these people could help. I am new to the computer and didn"t know about all of these forums, that is why people ask questions\

Edited by silverfox5859

Silverfox5859

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.