Sheriff Uling

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide - UPDATES

7 posts in this topic

Family...

Please review the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide and post updates that need to be made, per the current conditions/policies/procedures. Please be specific and reference the exact section in the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide that needs to be updated and provide as much detail as possible.

The cut off or suspense will be 31 Aug 2009.

Thank you all very much.

NOTE: As my life has evolved, so have my focus and therefore, I am not as active a member as in years past, but yet still apart of this wonderful community. My whole-hearted love and blessings go out to you all. I share in your triumph and ultimate success.

Cheers...

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Good to hear from you again, Sheriff. Wish you come back to organize and moderate things. But, this time, please allow my friends and I to write in Spanish. :D By the way, I have noticed at least a couple of fictitious monickers who regularly post here and I was thinking that you may be one of them. :whistle:

We'll try to help in updating the guide. Hope the old reliables such as Roy & Yazi, dbears, Pinay Wife, et. al., lend their hands. :thumbs:

My new hometown - Corona, California

3307743289_c59d750f74_m.jpg

philippines-Flag.gifgolfer.gifcalifornia.gif

super glad you offer your service sheriff for the K1 guide. :dance:

for the K1 process nothing major has change except for the high fees lol...

although some specific details that need to be updated in your old guide. Doc Verification is no longer implemented and from Delbros courier is now Air21 (a different company)

here's the link to track the visa http://www.af2100.com/tracking/usembassy/

and another info from their website ( http://air21.com.ph/?q=usembassy )

The Consul will inform you of your application’s status. Once your visa has been approved, take note of the following steps:

- For immigrant visa holders – head to the AIR21 Immigrant Visa booth inside

the Embassy.

PAYMENT

1. On site

Just head to the booth assigned to you and let an AIR21 agent guide you through the process. There are AIR21 booths

in the non-immigrant visa center and immigrant visa center.

2. Off site

In some situations, the Consul might ask an applicant to present further documents, which temporarily places your application

on hold. Once approved, however, you need not head back to the Embassy to pay. Call +63.2.879.4747 and let our AIR21

Customer Service Representatives guide you into an easy pick-up and delivery process.

Courier Delivery Fee:

The issued visa will be delivered to the applicant's designated address by Air 21 (the Embassy's authorized courier service provider) within 7 to 10 working days. The visa delivery fee, which is determined by the courier service, is paid by the applicant. This fee to the courier service is separate from any fees paid to the U.S. Government. Applicants do not need return to the Embassy to pick up their issued visas.

hopefully some of the members could chip in especially for those who have noticed the changes as well... 3 yrs have gone by so fast for us and its overwhelming how the visa process has evolve as well.

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all! Just want to suggest also to include the option of doing the medical exam as soon as the NOA2 has been received and scheduling the interview without having to wait for the USEM Letter to speed up the process a little. I've read those in previous threads. Maybe others who have done it can add more details.

Also this one: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

NEW NONIMMIGRANT VISA FEE PAYMENT SLIP EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2009

Beginning July 1, 2009, Citi and BDO will use new payment slips for nonimmigrant machine-readable visa (MRV) application fee payments.

Upon payment of the $131 MRV application fee, the bank will issue a new “US Embassy copy” of the bills payment slip which will be stapled to a blank DS-157 form. The BDO bills payment slip will have three copies. The copy on blue paper is the “US Embassy copy.” On the day of the interview, the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit will only accept the “US Embassy copy” as proof of payment of the $131 MRV application fee. If the slip stapled on the DS-157 form gets lost, the applicant will need to pay a new MRV fee.

All MRV fee payments made between May 25, 2009 and June 30, 2009 with the old bills payment slip will still be accepted. All MRV fee payments made before May 25, 2009 with a proof of payment validation at the back of the DS-157 form, which fall within the one-year fee validity, will also be accepted.

The DS-157 form is still a required document and must be submitted as part of the visa application.

TFor questions and concerns, please e-mail us at ConsManilaNIV@state.gov

Message updated: June 16, 2009

Thank you all:)

• 1 month later...

I am past the cutoff date as I just found your topic today. Section 4.5 needs to be deleted as Doc verification is no longer used. In Section 5.1 Air21 is now the currier. RonMay has posted the nessessary info.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi to all! Just want to suggest also to include the option of doing the medical exam as soon as the NOA2 has been received and scheduling the interview without having to wait for the USEM Letter to speed up the process a little. I've read those in previous threads. Maybe others who have done it can add more details.

Also this one: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3024.html

NEW NONIMMIGRANT VISA FEE PAYMENT SLIP EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2009

Beginning July 1, 2009, Citi and BDO will use new payment slips for nonimmigrant machine-readable visa (MRV) application fee payments.

Upon payment of the $131 MRV application fee, the bank will issue a new “US Embassy copy” of the bills payment slip which will be stapled to a blank DS-157 form. The BDO bills payment slip will have three copies. The copy on blue paper is the “US Embassy copy.” On the day of the interview, the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit will only accept the “US Embassy copy” as proof of payment of the $131 MRV application fee. If the slip stapled on the DS-157 form gets lost, the applicant will need to pay a new MRV fee.

All MRV fee payments made between May 25, 2009 and June 30, 2009 with the old bills payment slip will still be accepted. All MRV fee payments made before May 25, 2009 with a proof of payment validation at the back of the DS-157 form, which fall within the one-year fee validity, will also be accepted.

The DS-157 form is still a required document and must be submitted as part of the visa application.

TFor questions and concerns, please e-mail us at ConsManilaNIV@state.gov

Message updated: June 16, 2009

Thank you all:)

I just received my NOA2 letter last Dec 07, I called NVC and I already have our NVC case # MNL2009xxxxx

can we schedule an interview already and get his medical done, even if he haven't received packet 3 and 4 yet?

08/31/09 - I-129F sent

09/02/09 - NOA1

09/03/09 - touched

09/08/09 - NOA1 (mail)

12/03/09 - touched (around 12noon)

12/03/09 - NOA2 (7:31pm - email and text msg)

12/08/09 - NOA2(mail)

12/10/09 - NVC forwarded our application to Manila Embassy

12/16/09 - Manila Embassy Received approved I-129f

12/21/09 - Request for interview schedule (not qualified yet) - wait for 3weeks or until letter have received

(current interview schedule is jan 6-jan 22)

12/26/09 - Request for interview schedule (Jan 22, 2010)

01/07/10 & 01/11/10 - Medical

01/15/10 - worked on DS-156, 156k, 157

01/15/10 - BDO Visa payment

xx/xx/10 - packet 3 (not received)

xx/xx/10 - packet 4 (not received)

01/22/10 - interview

RESULT: Passed

01/28/10 - visa received

02/12/10 - entry to US

03/21/10 - Wedding =)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.