ellmvl

Cheap place to stay during medical and interview in Manila

25 posts in this topic

Hello kababayan ko!

I have an interview date on June 18, 2009 and I am planning to have my medical exam on June 10th. I just wanna ask if anyone here knows a cheap but safe place to stay that is close to St. Luke Med Center for my medical...and a place near the US Embassy for my interview...if possible just a walking distance. I'll be flying there all the way from Davao City, although I've been in Manila several times, still I am not familiar with the place. I just want to have a fix place to check in when I arrive there co'z I don't wanna be carrying my stuff around looking for some place to stay. bwehehe

I will appreciate your suggestions. It would be cool too if you can include the address and contact number. Thank you. God bless everyone...have a blessed Sunday!

ZlYHm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello kababayan ko!

I have an interview date on June 18, 2009 and I am planning to have my medical exam on June 10th. I just wanna ask if anyone here knows a cheap but safe place to stay that is close to St. Luke Med Center for my medical...and a place near the US Embassy for my interview...if possible just a walking distance. I'll be flying there all the way from Davao City, although I've been in Manila several times, still I am not familiar with the place. I just want to have a fix place to check in when I arrive there co'z I don't wanna be carrying my stuff around looking for some place to stay. bwehehe

I will appreciate your suggestions. It would be cool too if you can include the address and contact number. Thank you. God bless everyone...have a blessed Sunday!

I'm having my fiance stay at the Lotus Garden Hotel a 5 minute walk from St Luke's, and I'm having her stay at the Bayview Hotel across the street from the Embassy. I don't feel their prices are out of line either. I'm afraid getting a "cheap" place to say may not also be so safe. Good luck! I' sure others will post their opinions on places to stay also...I don't have their contact numbers handy, but just do a goggle search for each in manila and they will come right up.

Edited by moparmusclecars

Hello kababayan ko!

I'm having my fiance stay at the Lotus Garden Hotel a 5 minute walk from St Luke's, and I'm having her stay at the Bayview Hotel across the street from the Embassy. I don't feel their prices are out of line either. I'm afraid getting a "cheap" place to say may not also be so safe. Good luck! I' sure others will post their opinions on places to stay also...I don't have their contact numbers handy, but just do a goggle search for each in manila and they will come right up.

My wife, daughter and her sis stayed at the Lotus Garden also. Jollibee and MacDonalds across the street. PCs available.

Safe and clean. LOTS of expats stay there when in Manila.

They stayed at Bayview for the interview. Not quite as clean but right across the street from the embassy.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try the Best Western Hotel La Corona, Ermita. It's near St. Luke Medical Center and US Embassy. It's just a small hotel but I found it safe and clean hotel with great services and nice amenities. Their rate is quite reasonable and they serve complimentary buffet breakfast. It is also near (few blocks away) the shopping mall, Robinson.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

have her stay at bayview for her interview (just right across the embassy). the price for me is ok especially if you book on a travel agency and there's a filipino citizen discount i believe. so have her book it... as for medical, i stayed at palm plaza. pretty decent and cheap too. just 2 blocks away from Robinson Mall and maybe 10-15 mins walk to slec.

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
Hello kababayan ko!

Congratulations on your upcoming interview. My Fiancee has her interview on the 26th of May (Next Tue.) and we're both very anxious! For a reasonable place to stay, that's not too far from both the SLMCEC and the USEM I would recommend the Oasis Park Hotel on Belen Ave. It's about 11 blocks from the embassy right on Padre Faura, and if I'm not mistaken, the clinic is just close too. Although we've walked as far as the Embassy from there, I'd rather take a short taxi ride. We've stayed at the Oasis a few times during my visits and found it to be quiet, clean, comfortable, reasonably priced ($36 standard $48 deluxe) and safe. There is internet access in the restaraunt.

Here is the website to the Hotel. Good luck!

http://www.oasispark.com/

try checking on the weekly rates at casa bocobo hotel.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

I stayed at Soriente Hotel, just beside SLEC and about 5 blocks away from the Embassy. Price is really cheap, secured, and very good customer service.

To see some more list of hotels near the Embassy and SLEC, Click HERE

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Hello kababayan ko!

Lotus Garden Hotel and Bayview Hotel are nice hotels with reasonable prices.

My wife, daughter and her sis stayed at the Lotus Garden also. Jollibee and MacDonalds across the street. PCs available.

Safe and clean. LOTS of expats stay there when in Manila.

They stayed at Bayview for the interview. Not quite as clean but right across the street from the embassy.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Hello kababayan ko!

Bayview is really nice and clean i was on the 5th or 6 floor pool at the top!

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I stayed at Soriente Hotel, just beside SLEC and about 5 blocks away from the Embassy. Price is really cheap, secured, and very good customer service.

My fiance' really like it also. However, the day before her interview, she booked at the Celestine Citadel, so that she didn't have as far to walk. While nice, she did go RIGHT back to Sorriente for the remainder until she left. It's also within walking distance to the Robinson's Mall in Ermita for food, and computer services.

Moving on w/life

Timeline

Me and my fiance are at Swagman's hotel right now. Its about a 5 min. walk to St. Lukes. Lots of Expats here, but decent price for the ammenities. I am staying in the cheapest room available 2250 php a night. Free breakfast in morning, internet cafe on second floor. Rooms are old and small, but clean. There is a 7/11 and Wendy's Hamburger right down the way. Hope this helps.

"The Brazos still runs muddy like she's run all along, there ain't never been no cane to grind, the cottons all but gone." R.E.K

Filed I-129F petition on Oct. 27th 2008
NOA1 Nov. 2008
NOA2 March 27th 2009
VSC sent notice that petition forwared to Manila on April 10th
Letter Finally recieved April 24th
June 10th interview date
Passed medical on May 26th (But, not allowed to get vaccinations)
June 10th Pink slip recieved (Yeee-hawww!!!) Consul interview lasted 5 min.
CFO- Completed in Cebu
POE-(LAX, Flew into together on July 17th, took only 5 min.)
Married August 11th (Now the AOS journey begins)

AOS
Recieved Packet Oct. 6th
Recieved NOA AOS, EAD, AP Oct. 17th.
Recieved Biometrics Appointment letter Oct. 23rd
Biometrics Appointment Nov. 2nd.
Advanced Parole approved Nov. 23rd
EAD Work Authorization received Dec. 6th
Permanent Resident Card and Welcome letter received Dec. 15th

96a46edb-2d4b-4f9c-98ae-240883a49565.jpg

try checking on the weekly rates at casa bocobo hotel.

I also recommend this hotel :thumbs::thumbs:

I stayed there during my medical and interview.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Timeline

Does anybody know anything about the Tropicana?

Thanks.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-13

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :?

NVC Received : 2009-05-20

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.