Jay Ridler

Affadavit of Support

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I've just completed the package to be sent to get my interview date. On the sheet, it is indicated that certain forms were to be submitted (the one included, the online bio one, and someone at the consulate advised sending 2 copies of DS 160). The check list was completed, but I am now paranoid that I was suppose to send with the package the notarized affidavit of support. Nowhere does it say this is supposed to be included in this package, but it is one of the documents I need for the interview, but could someone verify this for me? To sum up, I am not, repeat, not to include the affadvid of support with the documents sent to the Montreal consulate to get my interview date.

Sorry for the paranoia. I just want to get this right the first time.

JSR

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't worry, this process makes us all paranoid and lose our minds :wacko: You turn in the notarized affadavit of support at the interview. Mind you, I hear now it doesn't need to be notarized? But that's a whole other topic.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Worst comes to worst - they'll RFE ya!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks, Jill. I was terrified I made some kind of mistake. I checked out the dates for your process. Wow. Fast. Thinks have been crazy slow here. Glad to see it worked out so well for you.

Don't worry, this process makes us all paranoid and lose our minds :wacko: You turn in the notarized affadavit of support at the interview. Mind you, I hear now it doesn't need to be notarized? But that's a whole other topic.

Do I want to know what RFE means???

JSR

Timeline
Thanks, Jill. I was terrified I made some kind of mistake. I checked out the dates for your process. Wow. Fast. Thinks have been crazy slow here. Glad to see it worked out so well for you.

I remember when you go for your interview, they call you to the window and ask for all your documents. (I had an accordian file labeled so I'd have everything ready). The affidvavit of support was one of them, and I made a copy for myself too to have on file. Then you go sit back down for a bit while the interviewer is going over your docs, then they call you back for the interview.

I think I applied at a good time, now it does seem things have slown down quite a bit. I hope you get your interview date soon!!

Do I want to know what RFE means???

JSR

You don't want to know, but RFE is a request for evidence, meaning you didn't send in all that was required. But it this case, I highly doubt you'd get one. You just need it at the interview. USCIS sends you an RFE in the mail and you have to send whatever they are asking for back.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bring the affidavit to the interview. It does not have to be notarized but I would get it notarized. Also, bring evidence such as income taxes, employer letter and pay stubs.

When you are at the interview, nervous and all, you will be glad you have it notarized and they will be pleased with your paper work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.