cjgator

Passed Interview in Minsk

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Natasha passed her interview 4 hours ago. She said it was very brief, officer was very nice. She'll get the visa tomorrow after 3 pm Minsk time.

I'll update the VJ timeline later, but for those of you keeping score:

Time from Marriage to Visa: 1 year, 4 days.

Time from I-130 NOA 1 to Visa: 341 days

Time from I-129F NOA 1 to Visa: 334 days

Time from I-130 NOA 2 to Visa: 72 days

Time from I-129F NOA 2 to Visa: 71 days

I'm very happy, but I offer NO thanks to the USCIS system that made this wait so long and the NVC staff who screwed up our package transfer to the embassy, adding an extra six weeks to the wait. YOUR SYSTEM IS BROKEN - HORRIBLY.

Kudos to the Consular staff at American Embassy Minsk. They were awesome, and they did their best to re-assure us and make up for NVC's f-ups.

God knows I hope the Obama administration does something to make this process work better.

And, for any of you who want to defend USCIS and leave a smarmy response about my hammering them (there are a few ususal suspects on here who typically do), I have a message: GO POUND SAND. I don't care what you think.

Finally: Lisa, Narnia, and all of my K3 friends who gave great advice and kept me quasi-sane through this completely insane process, you all deserve the majority of the credit for getting us to this point. For those of you who are finally with your spouses, I'm very happy for you, and for those who are still waiting, I hope it ends soon for you. You deserve it.

-CJ

Edited by cjgator

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
Natasha passed her interview 4 hours ago. She said it was very brief, officer was very nice. She'll get the visa tomorrow after 3 pm Minsk time.

I'm very happy, but I offer NO thanks to the USCIS system that made this wait so long and the NVC staff who screwed up our package transfer to the embassy, adding an extra six weeks to the wait. YOUR SYSTEM IS BROKEN - HORRIBLY.

Kudos to the Consular staff at American Embassy Minsk. They were awesome, and they did their best to re-assure us and make up for NVC's f-ups.

God knows I hope the Obama administration does something to make this process work better.

And, for any of you who want to defend USCIS and leave a smarmy response about my hammering them (there are a few ususal suspects on here who typically do), I have a message: GO POUND SAND. I don't care what you think.

Finally: Lisa, Narnia, and all of my K3 friends who gave great advice and kept me quasi-sane through this completely insane process, you all deserve the majority of the credit for getting us to this point. For those of you who are finally with your spouses, I'm very happy for you, and for those who are still waiting, I hope it ends soon for you. You deserve it.

-CJ

Congrats CJ...Well, what was ur wife asked in the interview? Please post these things, so that we can prepare ourselves...

Again...Wish a very happy married life in US...

Sonia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats and best wishes

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

I am so HAPPY for you ! Enjoy your life with your wife. You deserve every bit of happiness !

I agree with you about Narina and Lisa and the K-3 GANG. They are awesome people and I don't think I could get through all this without them. They have nothing but good things to say about you!!

Please post some of the questions they asked your wife.

Jen

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hey Sonia, thanks for the congrats.

Well, she said the first thing the consular officer did is apologize to her for the process having taken so long. I thought that was very classy on CO's part. She then said that the CO quickly looked over her paperwork (DS 156, I-134, Police Birth Marriage Certificates), and asked her three questions: When did you meet your husband, where did you meet him, and how did you come to know him? After she answered those three questions, the CO told her everything was fine, and she could pick up her passport with visa after 3 pm local time on Thursday. She said the whole process took about 15 minutes once she got into the CO's office.

good luck.

BTW - thank you also espos and seren..you all are part of this great K3 group. All my best..

CJ

-CJ

Congrats CJ...Well, what was ur wife asked in the interview? Please post these things, so that we can prepare ourselves...

Again...Wish a very happy married life in US...

Sonia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

-CJ

Congrats CJ!!! Good to hear your news.

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

-CJ

congrats. I know how you feel it is almost a year for me to. I think she will be here march 13. 1 year since we were married

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Great and Congratulations! I hope you guys live happily in the USA. In my opinion, no government run organizations are competent, no matter where ever they are.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Chris, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking about you guys last night..I wasnt sure what time her interview was but I figured it woudl be sometime in the middle of last night our time.

Im SO happy that she will be coming home soon.

And you ,my brother held us together too :luv:

Lisa

and yes...dinner for six ;)

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Lisa thanks to you, and thanks to you Narnia, and waithatter, and all of you cool people.

Definitely big dinner and drinks at the table, Narnia.

Crazy thing - I woke up out of a dead sleep at 3:25 am. That was about 5 minutes after she finished her interview. She waited until 6:30 my time to call - she said she didn't want to wake me up.

I told her, "I think it would have been OK to wake me up for this one."

Big hugs & kisses.

CJ

Chris, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking about you guys last night..I wasnt sure what time her interview was but I figured it woudl be sometime in the middle of last night our time.

Im SO happy that she will be coming home soon.

And you ,my brother held us together too :luv:

Lisa

and yes...dinner for six ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.