minibadger

Administrative Processing at NVC?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Croatia
Timeline

I sent two case status inquiries last week via e-mail to the NVC, regarding whether or not our case had been forwarded to the consulate or not.

I already got a letter (in the mail) saying they'd received the case and would soon be forwarding it there "within a week." This letter was dated the 18th.

The first e-mail I got simply said that the "petition is now eligible for further processing" and I'd receive instructions (was this the letter... I already GOT?)

The second email, received the next day, reads, "Please be advised this case is currently under administrative processing. The NVC will send further instructions once this processing is completed."

What? Again, are the "further instructions" what I *already got?* And what is "administrative processing?" I did a search on these forums for the term and all things were bad, very bad, but they were mostly also referring to things after the K-1 meeting itself, not at the NVC stage.

What's going on?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh, how pleasant. Whatever.

Indeed. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. Have you tried calling?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Moving to the NVC forums... where you will, unfortunately, find much company. :(

It's very common to get several letters from NVC. We were held up at there as well.. just three weeks.

Hopefully it will just be a quick check for you and on to the Embassy. :)

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Indeed. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. Have you tried calling?

My fiancee called, and got a polite woman who said that the case is still at the NVC, undergoing its "normal routine processing" and we'd get a notice when it's sent out. The woman said that yes, sometimes it's sent out in only a few days, but "the average is anywhere from one to three weeks." She said holiday delays may be a small factor as well.

We asked if there were any problems with the case, and she said "no, nothing wrong, it just has to be processed and sent out."

So maybe the rash of NVC hangups is just a holiday thing and the background check process taking longer than normal, as well as just.... packing up and shipping it all out.

At least, I hope so, because my nerves are very frayed with this process thus far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

mine got stuck in the NVC vortex. I got the letter stating it will go to the embassy within 10 days on NOV 10. my fiance has not received anything for packet 3 from the embassy yet. So I called DOS on monday and they said NVC has sent out the petition but they have not received it yet. So I called the NVC and they said all was fine and they sent out the petition via DHL on Dec 23. The lady said things get backed up this time of year and the process is slower. She told me that it is not really an unusual curcumstance at all. Anyway now I wait for the DHL to reach the embassy.

Timeline

We called again. THIS particular person admitted that yes we ARE in administrative processing for no apparent reason and there's no prediction at all as to whether or if it'll get done.

So, for your information, keep in mind that if you call the NVC any information you might get is pretty much unreliable. Enjoy the process!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We called again. THIS particular person admitted that yes we ARE in administrative processing for no apparent reason and there's no prediction at all as to whether or if it'll get done.

So, for your information, keep in mind that if you call the NVC any information you might get is pretty much unreliable. Enjoy the process!

Hi, you should join our group at the Stuck @NVC forum, youll meet others that are in the same situation as you. It helps knowing were not alone. Good Luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.