lotlot

Psychiatric evaluation at SLEC

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my medical exam at SLEC, on the second day they did not release the results because I still have to undergo psychiatric evaluation because of having an induced abortion way back 8 years ago. Do you think the induced abortion per se will cause denial of visa? To all of you who have an idea about this, please do tell me because I am very paranoid now. I can't sleep and I can't eat very well because of this. I was also thinking that abortion is even legal in most states of the US so how come it is a big deal to them. Please tell me your opinion about this guys.

hi there....i dont want to disappoint you or make u feel depress more. As i read your post..admitted to the doctor that u have an induced abortion before can cause visa denial. Because i have a friend that i met on the day during my time of medical @ SLEC. She did same thing to you too. She was denied in having a visa becoz of that, and the consul gave her a White paper stating to return her papers to the states, and check what made them decide for the denial. I'm sorry. If i were you at first, u never admitted that in the first place, becoz they wouldn't know that for sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

So sorry but I have no idea, you just got me scared, maybe im misunderstanding something here, but I had an medical abortion at a hospital when I was 16, 8 weeks pregnant, can I not get the visa or what is this??

Im so confused ;s

Maybe I have missed something, can anyone please enligthen this? Or are the OP talking about something completely else?

7/31/2008 - Sended I-129F to VSC (lost in mail).

9/24/2008 - Resended I-129F to VSC (*sigh* lost again).

10/30/2008 - Resended again I-129F to VSC.

11/11/2008 - NOA1

03/09/2009 - RFE received

03/11/2009 - Returned RFE

05/23/2009 - Recieved 2nd RFE

08/05/2009 - Denied. Besides that he turns out to be a total jerk. Case ended.

So sorry but I have no idea, you just got me scared, maybe im misunderstanding something here, but I had an medical abortion at a hospital when I was 16, 8 weeks pregnant, can I not get the visa or what is this??

Im so confused ;s

Maybe I have missed something, can anyone please enligthen this? Or are the OP talking about something completely else?

As as i said awhile ago, better NOT to admit it, because in the first place they wouldn't know that...that's already in the past...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
hi there....i dont want to disappoint you or make u feel depress more. As i read your post..admitted to the doctor that u have an induced abortion before can cause visa denial. Because i have a friend that i met on the day during my time of medical @ SLEC. She did same thing to you too. She was denied in having a visa becoz of that, and the consul gave her a White paper stating to return her papers to the states, and check what made them decide for the denial. I'm sorry. If i were you at first, u never admitted that in the first place, becoz they wouldn't know that for sure.
WRONG! Abortion is NOT illegal in the USA and IS NOT grounds for inadmissibility PLEASE READ 212 (a) section 1 before scaring people.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligib...ities_1364.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I would advocate NOT LYING to anyone in regards to immigration. If there are medical records to show you had an abortion, why would you lie about it?

Why would USCIS or the embassy refuse you a visa for having a legal abortion?

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

As YuAndDan posted, Abortion is NOT a grounds for visa denial.

Also, the presence of a psychiatric evaluation on it's own is NOT a grounds for a visa denial.

The outcome of the psychiatric evaluation "could" be grounds for a visa denial, and will vary by case.

This is a forum where giving bad or inaccurate advice/information is much worse than being silent.

If you're not absolutely sure and accurate about information, please do NOT post it here.

You're dealing with peoples lives and hearts. This is not a knitting forum where a bad post can easily be fixed.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This is a forum where giving bad or inaccurate advice/information is much worse than being silent.

If you're not absolutely sure and accurate about information, please do NOT post it here.

You're dealing with peoples lives and hearts. This is not a knitting forum where a bad post can easily be fixed.

Straight to the point! :thumbs:

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Im so confused ;s

As as i said awhile ago, better NOT to admit it, because in the first place they wouldn't know that...that's already in the past...

You're wrong here too.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Timeline

Im so confused ;s

Shakira,

You are obviously misinformed. An abortion is not grounds for denial. Don't give out false information to people when you have no idea what you are talking about. You are just flat out wrong, no offense, and all your response did was worry people and create rumors.

Good luck to you.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im so confused ;s

You're wrong here too.

thanks guys for your comforting words and enlightenment.after i've read the first reply, i feel like my world stops revolving on me. I was crying the whole night because I can't imagine what life will be like if I will lose him. I'm still nervous even if the truth is its my exboybriend's will and action. Do you know someone who get an approval after the interview even with the history of abortion that was devulge during the medical exam? Please post here. That would be of great help to me and shanira. Godbless.

Im so confused ;s

Shakira,

You are obviously misinformed. An abortion is not grounds for denial. Don't give out false information to people when you have no idea what you are talking about. You are just flat out wrong, no offense, and all your response did was worry people and create rumors.

Good luck to you.

Hello again people!...im not giving any misinformed to the OP. I guess it varies to different consulate done the cases. Becoz' during the time i am having my Medical in Manila @ SLEC, this girl whom have same day medical with me admitted to the doctor about her abortion, and on her 2nd day of her medical, she was forwarded to Psychiatric Evaluation, but still her passport was forwarded to US Embassy to conduct interview. But during her interview day, the consul gave her outright denial and gave her a white paper stated about the denial and her papers will be sent back to US.

Im sorry if this whole thing gave bad honest info' to my fellow filipina. Its better for her to find out everything, and post here again what is the outcome of her medical & interview. Goodluck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I suspect that the only grounds for denial would be if the medical evaluator felt the the abortion had caused you to have a serious mental illness.

I think they are trying to determine if you would be at risk of harming yourself, of harming others or of ending up mentally ill enough to not be able to support yourself.

This is just my guess based on reading the instructions that the CDC gives to panel phsycians so I could be wrong.

Good luck,

Catherine

Sometimes it better to make "white lie" during medical, like for example having drugs 5yrs. ago, having abortion etc..but at present life your not doing it anymore. Because sometimes this cannot lead you for not having VISA. For me its not fraud. Its just one way to get rid and not looking back what happened to your past.

And here another story too. This girl is one of the member here in VJ, i think his fiance is once an active member here way back 2007 where the girl admitted trying drugs JUST ONCE for curiosity sake 2yrs. ago,so during her medical day @ SLEC, she admitted that, and she was undergone Psychiatric Evaluation. She attend her interview day, but her interview just take 2mins. because she was receiving outright denial right then becoz of admission of trying drugs.

So this are just a sample things that better not to admit if it occurs during your past way back 2yrs, 5yrs etc...becoz consulate and medical are very meticulous even just single thing. And it can lead you for not being with your fiancee, plus the expenses, and all the hardship you two spent together.

Just an opinion. Im not trying to be blunt , just want to share stories what i've learned and witness during my time of medical & interview in Manila.

PS: but of course if u have TB, Hepatitis, or HIV this cases cannot be hide from medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.