234 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I finally mailed in my I-129F application and the assorted materials... On one hand, it feels great to have this off my plate--it's going via some crazy expensive UK courier so it is guaranteed to be there by Monday (and will be signed for, thanks to advice I've read here on VJ!), so at least the process is underway. At the same time, a small part of me is convinced that something is going to go horribly awry and we'll be stuck in USCIS hell for years upon years. Ack.

Thus, I thought the best thing to do is start a thread for other June filers--I like reading through the other months, and it seems like people find good support/advice on here during the process.

Anyway, good luck to all of you!!!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already started a thread :thumbs:

I'll bump it...

Ah--I didn't see it! Also, I sent mine to the CSC--I have a feeling hanging out with all Vermonters will get frustrating, since that center seems to move along much more rapidly than California!!!

Anyway, good luck to you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hi June filers!

I sent my I-129f package 6/16/2008, delivered to CSC 6/18/2008

So we start a “visa journey” together!

I must say thanks to this web site for all the information they provide so I

Can get a K1 visa for my Moldova sweetie Vladlena. THANKS!!

Does anybody have a “date” in mind for when this journey will end with a visa in hand?

As a newbie I can only give a wild guess [hope] for sometime in January.

Cheers,

scott

june 16, 2008 - sent I-129f package

june 18, 2008 - delivered to CSC

june 23, 2008 - check cashed

October 23, 2008 - NOA2 approval sent

December 18, 2008, - interview #1

December 22, 2008 - Interview #2

December 22, 2008 - visa issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm glad someone started this thread--we've only just become engaged! He'll be flying to the USA from Scotland in October and staying for three months. We plan to file a K-1 as soon as he gets here--so I suppose that'll be me an October filer :blink: I was going to go ahead and file the K-1 after he left here last month, but we were afraid that once it was filed he wouldn't be able to get back into the USA in October for three months as planned.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

leochick, your fiance can travel into the US while the k1 is in progress. There is always a chance of being turned away at the POE but with proof of ties to the UK, he should be fine. Lots of people do it. ;) He will only be turned away if the border offical suspects he intends to immigrate. If they even find out about your K1 (which they wont unless you tell them) they will probably see that you are going about this properly and wouldn't risk abandoning your petition. There are literally thousands of post on VJ regarding travel while waiting. Maybe you want to wait... but you don't have to. ;)

Pay no attention to my fiance getting 'das boot' in September ...we played with fire! ;)

As far as the time it will take... I wish somebody knew! Last September it was taking 6-8 months at both centers because of the fee increase and influx of petitions. In January VSC was averaging a one month approval time while CSC was still taking 5. Right now it appears VSC is at an average of 3 months and CSC looks to be about 4. What the future holds... nobody really knows. They both seem better at getting the petitions to the NVC now and off to the consulates (one good sign) but each consulate varies greatly on the amount of time it takes for interview. All the links at the top of the boards will help you a lot!

Good luck to all of you. It's a long road...but one worth travelling ;) ... I wish you patience.

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We filed June 6th at CSC!

*crosses fingers*

Good luck everybody!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guayaquil, Ecuador

06-06-08: I-129F Sent

06-09-08: I-129F Received

06-10-08: NOA1 (online)

06-12-08: Check Cashed

06-16-08: NOA1 (hard copy)

awaiting semi-patiently for my life to arrive...

7313.gif

7068.gif

7316.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hey! I too sent in my application in June. Check out my timeline for the dates...

If CSC really does average 4 months for approval, that'd be so incredibly awesome. We're planning a tentative March 27th 2009 wedding, and would LOVE to keep that date! :) As far as a date goes to get the visa, we're hoping he'll have it early 2009 (Jan or Feb) at the latest. But of course, the sooner the better! :)

Here's to waiting patiently. It's exciting to be waiting for the NOA1, so I'm not too anxious yet...but after that when I wait for weeks and weeks without hearing anything, I'll probably be very impatient!

Good luck to everyone else!

I teach at a university in the States and we're hoping (with the knowledge that this is a long shot) that somehow this can all be done by January so that my fiance can start school when the new semester begins late that month. If CSC continues to be at about four months for approvals and we can get an early interview with the London embassy, it just might be possible... Fingers are crossed, to say the least!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

i sent ours yesterday (6.19.08) - signed for this morning at 10:23a at CSC by N. La Barrie (thanks fedex)!

the wait i'm not looking forward to, but i'm heading to mongolia in sept - so the wait will be broken a little by seeing my baby!

good luck to all - quick nao2s to everyone - godspeed - keep yer powder dry - blah blah blah! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi!!!

My boyfriend and I also started our journey in June....but i checked the timeframe and apparently they are in December 2007!!!! so when dou you think we will have our interview??? We want to spend our birthdays together (September)

Vicky

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The date they list on the uscis website is the date of the earliest petition they have on hand. It means very little.

Right now VSC is processing files sent at the end of March. The average seems to be 2 1/2 - 3 months right now but keep in mind that last fall it was twice that time and at the beginning of the year it took just one month. So you never know. You will find that as the months pass things will change.

Your timeline shows adjutication dates of August 30, 2008 and September 5, 2008. These numbers indicate when your case might be processed and it is based on VJ'ers only. We are a very small percentage of actual filers here. ;) These dates are also assuming you are not stuck in security/name checks and/or do not receive an RFE. You can use the dates as an indication of when you might expect a decision by the USCIS.

Each Consualte is different in how they process a case and how long it takes to interview so you're best to check with others who are going through the same consulate to see what is required and how long it will take. You can use the 'portal' link at the top of the forum or perhaps you can find help in the Regional threads.

good luck

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just mailed out our I-129F package today! VSC will receive it by 3pm tomorrow.

I wished I could have blessed it a few more times before handing it off.

Now it's the sit-and-wait game. :(

AOS

NOA: 6/26/09

RFE: 7/9/09

RFE removed: 7/31/09

Biometrics: 7/29/09

AOS Transferred: 8/21/09

AP Rec.: 8/21/09

EAD Rec.: 8/22/09

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
The date they list on the uscis website is the date of the earliest petition they have on hand. It means very little.

Right now VSC is processing files sent at the end of March. The average seems to be 2 1/2 - 3 months right now but keep in mind that last fall it was twice that time and at the beginning of the year it took just one month. So you never know. You will find that as the months pass things will change.

Your timeline shows adjutication dates of August 30, 2008 and September 5, 2008. These numbers indicate when your case might be processed and it is based on VJ'ers only. We are a very small percentage of actual filers here. ;) These dates are also assuming you are not stuck in security/name checks and/or do not receive an RFE. You can use the dates as an indication of when you might expect a decision by the USCIS.

Each Consualte is different in how they process a case and how long it takes to interview so you're best to check with others who are going through the same consulate to see what is required and how long it will take. You can use the 'portal' link at the top of the forum or perhaps you can find help in the Regional threads.

good luck

Thank you sooooo much!!!! I feel so much better now....yeah i saw those dates (August 30, 2008 and September 5, 2008) but i wasnt sure of what that would mean.

mC8rWn810367-02.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.