andy777

How long does appealing take? should i refile i-130 instead?

14 posts in this topic

Our case was sent back Dec '06 and in May '07 CSC told my Congressional Liasson that they will not review the case because it had expired and I may file a new one. We finally received the pink slip in May'08. I don't know what Vermont does with returned cases but CSC appears to let them expire without any review or chances to appeal.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
hi guy,

my wife failed her interview and get a white slip. Anyone know how long does it take to appeal? thanks

I have my senator involved with my case that was returned as well. It can take up to one year (in Vermont) for them to review your case. They may ask for additional information/evidence and you may or may not have a chance to appeal. They just told my senators office to check back in 6 months for an update as to where I stand.

I would definitely contact your senator and have them get involved if you choose to stick with it. I'm going back for 3 weeks to set up a job and I'm going to live and work there for a year starting in July. We will also get married at that time. Live and working there for a year and getting married... in my situation... is the best bet.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
hi guy,

my wife failed her interview and get a white slip. Anyone know how long does it take to appeal? thanks

I have my senator involved with my case that was returned as well. It can take up to one year (in Vermont) for them to review your case. They may ask for additional information/evidence and you may or may not have a chance to appeal. They just told my senators office to check back in 6 months for an update as to where I stand.

I would definitely contact your senator and have them get involved if you choose to stick with it. I'm going back for 3 weeks to set up a job and I'm going to live and work there for a year starting in July. We will also get married at that time. Live and working there for a year and getting married... in my situation... is the best bet.

Hi RalphandHanh

So did u even refile a new i-130 or u just wait once u live in vn? I talked to one lawyer and she said i need to appeal. if i dont appeal then we admit to the consulate that we were doing a fraud marriage. I also went to a different lawyer and this one said i should just refile cuz appeal can take up to two years. Both lawyer gave me different answer. confuze right now on what to do.

Timeline
Our case was sent back Dec '06 and in May '07 CSC told my Congressional Liasson that they will not review the case because it had expired and I may file a new one. We finally received the pink slip in May'08. I don't know what Vermont does with returned cases but CSC appears to let them expire without any review or chances to appeal.

hi Dave_thao

so u refile i-130 again but this time with more evidence? did u do anything different on your second time? Do i need to wait for USCIS to give me the reject letter then refile or can i refile right now? thanks

Timeline
hi guy,

First off your wife didn't fail, it was both of you. Both of you did not prepare enough for the interview and/or did not submit enough evidence with the petition. The CO most likely had his/her mind made up before the interview.

It could take years for the USCIS to process the returned petition. Returned cases are just not on their priority list. Our case was sent back in Aug 07 and we still have not heard from the Service center.

Because your petition is a I130 for a CR1/IR1 it will not expire , so be prepared to respond to the USCIS.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

hi Dave_thao

so u refile i-130 again but this time with more evidence? did u do anything different on your second time? Do i need to wait for USCIS to give me the reject letter then refile or can i refile right now? thanks

I refiled for K1 visa. I hired ME to help me with the appeal at CSC. When the appeal never happened, I used the package of evidence ME created and incorporated it in the new K1 petition. I included every piece of evidence i had along with ME's breakdown of all of our phone messages before and after the denial. Showing how the consulate was wrong in saying there was no evidence of communication. The second petition was a rebuttal to for the first one.

I was told by ME that we should have the returned petition resolved before starting a new one to avoid any problems might have HCMC when the second petition arrives there. All I had for evidence that our returned petition was resolved was an email sent by CSC to my congressional liasson that the case had expired and would not be reviewed. They said I may file a new one. I put a copy of that email in the front of the petition.

Some people wait for a chance to rebut the HCMC consulate or receive a letter from USCIS stating that it has expired and some file again right away. I don't know the correct way to do it. I just followed what my lawyer told me and asked my congressional liasson to contact CSC to get our case resolved. That took about 6 months.

When we got our pink slip, it took 3 weeks to get the visa because the old case had to be cleared with the Dept. of State before they could issue the visa.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

I just hated when see someone got white slip, and have to go through all this. This is SU#K. Andy, sorry to hear your wife got white slip.

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, if you guys denied and the CO told your wife that they send back your petition to USCIS for revocation you need to send an appeal after 10 days to NVCInquiry@state.gov try this sample letter that i made for my appeal last time, mine the NVC replied after 18 days and they sent back again the petition to US Cosulate abroad and have my 2nd interview and i got approved! good luck!!!

Good Afternoon,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The

NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in

your letter and has forwarded the petition to the assigned US

Embassy/Consulate General for further processing.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the assigned US Embassy or

Consulate General.

As the file is no longer at the NVC, please notify the assigned US

Embassy or Consulate General of your change of mailing address and email

address (if applicable).

As the consular officer abroad is the only person who can approve or

refuse a visa, any requests for review of a visa denial should be

directed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate General listed below.

Regards,

OH2

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

SI International, Support Contractor

NVCInquiry@state.gov

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions

provided in 12 FAM 540.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or

refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be

considered confidential under Section 222(j) of the Immigration and

Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such

information must be solely for the formulation, amendment,

administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and

other laws of the United States under INA 222(j) and as specified in FAM

guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review,

retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance

upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 11:23 PM

To: NVC Inquiry

Subject: "Case number" (Attn: Supervisor)

Case Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Petitioner: name and birth date

Beneficiary: name and birth date

Phone: phone

Reference: appeal for K-3 visa refused (attention supervisor)

Dear sir/madam,

Explain your case...

Sincerely yours,

Petitioner's name,

Address

Phone

Email add

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

Timeline
hi guy,

Hi RalphandHanh

So did u even refile a new i-130 or u just wait once u live in vn? I talked to one lawyer and she said i need to appeal. if i dont appeal then we admit to the consulate that we were doing a fraud marriage. I also went to a different lawyer and this one said i should just refile cuz appeal can take up to two years. Both lawyer gave me different answer. confuze right now on what to do.

I'm waiting to see what my senator can do for us. I also talked to a lawyer and he said they will either send a letter asking for Request for Evidence or an Intent to Deny from the Immigration Service. In either case, it will specify the issues they have concern with. He also said working there for a year and getting married would be good. Since I'm unemployed here now and I have two interviews when I get there, I might as well do it. My recommendation would be to get married there and refile.

As for some of the other statements here, we had a TON of evidence. Well over 300 pages of email and another 400 pages of chat... phone records (that she only looked at the first page), photos, cards, letters etc. It came down to the CO just being a b*tch. She (the CO) requested evidence at her interview. When Hanh went back a few weeks later, the CO had a white paper waiting for her. She didn't take more than 3 minutes looking at the evidence and RETURNED it with all of our other documents. I have a letter prepared that I'm sending to Vermont and to Washington D.C. But I don't expect it to make a difference. So... I'm heading over to be with her. I can't take being with out her any longer. And even with refilling after we are married will be to long to wait. I want it to be a shore thing and I think that living there for a year is the only way for me. While I'm there I will meet with ME and work with him. All we can do is pray.

Timeline
hi guy,

Hi RalphandHanh

I'm waiting to see what my senator can do for us. I also talked to a lawyer and he said they will either send a letter asking for Request for Evidence or an Intent to Deny from the Immigration Service. In either case, it will specify the issues they have concern with. He also said working there for a year and getting married would be good. Since I'm unemployed here now and I have two interviews when I get there, I might as well do it. My recommendation would be to get married there and refile.

As for some of the other statements here, we had a TON of evidence. Well over 300 pages of email and another 400 pages of chat... phone records (that she only looked at the first page), photos, cards, letters etc. It came down to the CO just being a b*tch. She (the CO) requested evidence at her interview. When Hanh went back a few weeks later, the CO had a white paper waiting for her. She didn't take more than 3 minutes looking at the evidence and RETURNED it with all of our other documents. I have a letter prepared that I'm sending to Vermont and to Washington D.C. But I don't expect it to make a difference. So... I'm heading over to be with her. I can't take being with out her any longer. And even with refilling after we are married will be to long to wait. I want it to be a shore thing and I think that living there for a year is the only way for me. While I'm there I will meet with ME and work with him. All we can do is pray.

Just curious. You never mentioned I think why they denied. Was it that they said you had not enough correspondence.

I guess he just wanna know if they can file an appeal. This is a double post.In the other post he made, we were asking the same thing. What exactly happened why his wife got denied but he never answered.

Andy77, I think people here can help you better if you will tell what exactly happened so they can give you more specific answers and also it'll be a big help for others who are going to have their interview in the future to avoid this from happening to us. :star:

hi guy,

Hi RalphandHanh

Just curious. You never mentioned I think why they denied. Was it that they said you had not enough correspondence.

I-130 Application

09-06-2007 - Sent the I-130

01-02-2008 - Recieved NOA1

05-01-2008 - NOA2 approved!

05-09-2008 - Recieved hard copy of NOA2

05-16-2008 - Recieved the AOS Fee Bill with Manila Case number

05-18-2008 - Sent Choice of Agent via email

07-29-2008 - Recieved IV bill from the mail

09-10-2008 - Paid the I864 bill and IV bill

09-16-2008 - NVC mailed the Instruction packet agent to my hubby

09-28-2008 - Received hard copy of the instruction packet agent

09-29-2008 - Received the I864 packet

03-02-2009 - Hubby sent the I864 and DS230 to NVC

03-06-2009 - NVC received I-864, under review

03-10-2009 - NVC received DS230, under review

03-13-2009 - I-864 complete, still reviewing the DS230

03-19-2009 - Under NVC final review, the operator told me that i need to redo my DS230

03-23-2009 - CASE COMPLETE!!!

03-25-2009 - GOT A MAY 7 INTERVIEW!!!

03-26-2009 - received appointment letter from NVC through email

03-31-2009 - 1st day Medical

04-01-2009 - 2nd day Medical. PASSED!

04-02-2009 - NVC sent docs to USEM

05-07-2009 - USEM Interview.. VISA APPROVED!!!

05-12-2009 - Finally got my VISA!!!

05-27-2009 - Flight to OK

.png

Timeline

We were denied because: I asked her to marry me on skype. We spend a significant amount of time together online and we were planning a party to introduce me to her friends and family. I told her we might as well have an engagement party. The CO said that we our phone calls were not longer than 5 minutes. But she only looked at the first page of phone records. Hanh couldn't tell them about my home town. So they expected to tell them in detail about a place she has never been. And she couldn't tell them the name of the computer tech school that I attend. After I she got the white paper I sent a letter explaining everything as well as all the phone/text message records that I had. Didn't matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.