charity&mounssaif

someone please help me 221g

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

my fiance had his interview today and got a 221g and neither of us is sure what for or what it means he had the nasty lady at the interview that everyone earned me about anyways his 221g stated this it say

221gwhich prohibis the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and natoinality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto the following remarks apply in your case

moncef_ml: we will review doucments you have submitted during your interview and contact u when that review is complete

moncef_ml: and front case is marke *i

f you fail to take the action requested within one year following visa denial underer section 221g of the immigration and nationaly act section 223g of the act requires thatyour application de cancelled

some one help me im going crazy he said he dont think she asked for additional information she just gave him his passport and said we will call u

ticker.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This action is called Administrative Processing. This is typical for your Embassy. Please trust that this is just part of the process. Typically they do name checks and extended background checks in high fraud countries they do document verification.

Although devastating at first, just get back to the grind. This could take an average of 4-6 months, but can also go over a year. May your AP be expedited.

my fiance had his interview today and got a 221g and neither of us is sure what for or what it means he had the nasty lady at the interview that everyone earned me about anyways his 221g stated this it say

221gwhich prohibis the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the immigration and natoinality act or regulations issued pursuant thereto the following remarks apply in your case

moncef_ml: we will review doucments you have submitted during your interview and contact u when that review is complete

f you fail to take the action requested within one year following visa denial underer section 221g of the immigration and nationaly act section 223g of the act requires thatyour application de cancelled

some one help me im going crazy he said he dont think she asked for additional information she just gave him his passport and said we will call u

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

so this is just an ap check u think is there anything else i need to do or just wait

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hate the way they word that stupid form!

But yes, this sounds like they are just reviewing the forms, and possibly sending it to Washington for security checks. Very normal at this point, so don't stress.

Now if it stated "We have sent your petition back to the USCIS for further review" then you would have issues.

Now take a deep breath and relax. Keep us informed of your progress, and best wishes for a quick AP.

Edited to add, I just saw that they kept the passport. This is actually a good sign. It means they don't think the review will take very long. :thumbs:

Edited by morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sounds like ap to me too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, now just relax and wait for ap to be complete. Easier said than done, I know!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

it is natural to worry and feel as you do getting this outcome BUT have faith

those of us who received this notice (including my husband and we had AP for nearly 6 months) have had to hang in there, completely in the dark and just WAIT

it is part of the uncertainty and duration of this journey

you will eventually receive what you deserve but you have no control over the process or who you deal with

you can however, do what you can, and others here have posted many threads and links that are very useful

get involved quick

keep calling

get in touch with your congressmen and senators

draw attention to your case, make sure all your things are completed to the letter and PRAY

PRAY AND PRAY

GOD IS GOOD

HE WILL HEAR YOU!!

Timeline

It probably would have been in your best interest to black out the name and case number, but yes this is nothing to stress about.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
It probably would have been in your best interest to black out the name and case number, but yes this is nothing to stress about.

I absolutely agree, I sure wouldn't post my husband's name and case number on the internet for the world to see, that isn't necessary. I would contact a forum admin and have the images removed for my privacy.

This is a typical 221g, it appears that they are going to review documents submitted during the interview and then notify him when their review is completed. The fact that they kept his passport is a good sign. If they were going to refuse his visa and return the file, 1 they would not have kept his passport, and 2 the 221g would say they were returning the file. So, I really think you are fine and should be going through normal administrative processing.

Good luck to you. :)

(F)~kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline
couldn't black it out

how do i get it removed

Send a PM to "Jenn!", I believe she can do it.

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
couldn't black it out

how do i get it removed

Send a PM to "Jenn!", I believe she can do it.

in the meantime, the op can just go to "my controls" and then to "Manage Your Attachments" and delete them, as they are attachments, not links.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

email the embassy and ask for a clarificattion, it is prob the ap but they should have explained to him before he left. They will answer you back quickly and tell you want you need to know, if the words RETURN APPLICATION were not used your prob ok

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

• 3 weeks later...

salam alaikom..i read your topic and i had same case like your fiance i was had my interview at 29/jan/2009 too and this nasty lady she were trying to trick me she have no reason for that anyway i was making a call befor go to interview and i asked the office of immigration about if i have to take with me the financial tax incom and affidavit support and this man said to me no i dnt need none of that so when i go to interview she were question me some questions i dnt understand why she need to ask questions like that anyway after that she took all evidence i bring with me , and last second she asked me wheres the financial tax income i told her i called you guys and you told me i dnt need it.and then she gave me 221(g) its say the same they ll review my case unitil all document its comply and this papper she gave me said please bring with you the document you need next time.so i traveled again and i gave them the docs that they need so the man he told me we wiil call you when we are finish from it ....i just wanna say you dnt need to be crazy you guys need to keep loving eachother cuz sometimes they doing like that to see how much you are seriuos and how much you are in love .just bring what they need and then the fianceé need to keep calling the consulate at casablnca to know whats goin on all the time .and i hope you ll be togheter guys so soon incha allah salam alaikom

i got my visaaa alhamdolillah alhamdolillah alhamdolillah alhamdolillah alhamdolillah alhamdolillah alhamdolillah alhamdolillah schawwwwwwwwwwwwww

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.