Roxandy

DCF in Mexico

9 posts in this topic

This is a reply relating my experiences for DCF in mexico! Hope this can help some people possibly looking for this info. The current processing time seems to be real fast in Mexico.

NO prob! First you need to send your form I-130 and payment, which you can obtain on the uscis website, to the embassy in el DF. They usually process these real quick, I recommend calling them about a week after they recieve it to see whether they have approved it. I called after one week and mine had already been approved. Then the embassy will send you a letter verifying that whether or not it was approved and that they have forwarded the case on to the consulate in ciudad Juarez. About a month later I recieved a letter from the consulate in ciudad juarez that contained a couple of forms that I needed to return to them, I think it is the DS-230 and the I-864. One is biographic information and the other is the financial support form to show that the intending immigrant will have financial support in the U.S. I had to get a joint sponsor on this form because I don't have any income in the u.s. since i currently live and work in GDL. Once I sent these to Ciudad Juarez I waited like a week and a half and called them to make sure they received everything, at that point they told me that these forms had already been approved and that my wifes interview was scheduled for sept. 5th., and that i should recieve a letter shortly confirming this and explaining me the rest of the info that I would need. So right now we have recieved that letter and are gathering everything and getting ready to go for our interview on the 5th.

The consulate in GDL does nothing. Send first to DF and then all your communication later will be with ciudad juarez because it is the only consulate in mexico that processes this type of visa. I also recommend doing this soon because it seems that the consulate has recently reduced their processing times and right now is a prime opportunity. We have been really lucky I started by sending the first form to DF in may and we already have an interview for september 5th. 4 months is a really short time compared to the processing times i've seen for other people. I also recommend better the forums on Univision.com they seem to be more detailed for mexico than this forum thats why i don't use this one anymore. Anyway hope this helps. Good luck!

• 9 months later...

Hi!

Thank you so much for posting about this: I am a USC living in Merida, Mexico and i am trying to decide whether or not to do the DCF or go for a K-3 visa.

1. Did you contact the Consolate in CJ before starting process?

NO prob! First you need to send your form I-130 and payment, which you can obtain on the uscis website, to the embassy in el DF.

Did you send this by mail? what did you include?

Thanks so much for your imput :dance:

Edited by Sarah and Aris

Timeline

2007.02.28........................We Met :)

2007.03.03........................Official-ness

2007.07.............................Engagement

2008.08.18........................Married :)

2009.09.10....................................Turn in I-130

.png

• 3 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What's the difference between DCF and K-3 visa?

DCF is a visa application process that results in an immigrant visa

K-3 is a non-immigrant spousal visa

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok this might be a stupid question but what's the difference between immigrant and non-immigrant visa? We are married folks living in Mexico and the goal is to move to US permanently and both of us are able to work. Would that be the immigrant visa? If so, why do people get the non-immigrant visa?

Sorry, forgot to mention. I'm a USC; hubby is Mexican citizen.

Filed: Timeline
Ok this might be a stupid question but what's the difference between immigrant and non-immigrant visa? We are married folks living in Mexico and the goal is to move to US permanently and both of us are able to work. Would that be the immigrant visa? If so, why do people get the non-immigrant visa?

Sorry, forgot to mention. I'm a USC; hubby is Mexican citizen.

You can apply for both; however the non-immigrant visa is not worth it at all. Takes the same time, and later on you will have to pay for adjusting status. ####### you don't even want to know.

Apply through DCF for an immigrant visa, which can work upon entry; and does not need adjustment of status.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So why do people even go for the non-immigrant visa if it just has to be adjusted later? Is the immigrant visa the same as a greencard? Will my husband be able to work right away if we are approved for the immigrant visa?

Edited by jaremedios

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.